Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Blackbooks

Discussion in 'Toys forum' started by Kayone707, Jun 15, 2005.

Share This Page

1. Messer

Messer Senior Member

2. shush4

shush4 Member

day home from school Please crit:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. MyNipsAreHard

MyNipsAreHard Senior Member

Shush- i like that bottom piece but i would forgot about the designs on the top ones till you get some good letter structures

4. MyNipsAreHard

BLOCK.jpg
    seriously dont know what i was thinking when i drew the character

5. aaesoo

aaesoo Senior Member

are you in israel or some shit? why the fuck do you get a whole week off for a jewish holiday.

and crits:
    Shush - work on keeping all your letters the same size. draw horizontal lines across the page if you need to. cause especially on the bottom piece it really throws the whole thing off when the letters are changing sizes.
    Fokes - other dude was right the top piece could use some work but that bottom one is the shit.
    block - there's a lot going on and the letter structure could use some work. especially that c.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2011
  6. vems

vems Senior Member

here is a throwback peice i did, says "SEK" was the first word i ever wrote n got arrested writing, so i felt like doing something with it again, besides the weak color combo, lmk what yall think. any and all crits are welcome.

SEKTHROWBAK.jpg

7. souloner

souloner Member

2011-09-28 19.49.55.jpg

not sure where i should post so ill start at the bottom, crits please

8. souloner

souloner Member

2011-08-06 03.51.49.jpg 083111121030.jpg Snapshot_20110809.jpg week_1_peice_2_by_somesicsoul-d45g5ne.jpg bubble soul.jpg live it.jpg soul new.jpg soulfire.jpg

heres some more work that i could find, please crit, advice is always welcome, some of these are older than others btw. thanks

9. Saiko

Saiko Senior Member

[​IMG]
    This is a shot at a detailed throw that turned into a piece-of-shit simple.
    Can i get some crits on how to make it a simple

10. ribcage

ribcage Banned

give up, stop attempting to write

11. souloner

souloner Member

@Saiko

i learned simples from doing keybaord letters, simply draw the letters on your key board. figure out sizing, and spacing and there's your simples.

12. MyNipsAreHard

Souloner- you got some dope pieces but id say work on letters and structure rather then complex color schemes. get dope letters. its hard to do complex colors schemes with markers anyway
    saiko- what soul^^^ said
    Crits please
    BLOCK 1.jpg

13. Saiko

Saiko Senior Member

Thanks,Soul & block
    @block it'd look better if the letters were even. And maybe drop that extention on the staff of the k Also that indent on the o should point to the right. Not really feeling that c either

14. souloner

souloner Member

@Block,

ty man, ill work on some more letters, and for yours its pretty much like what saiko said the "L" looks awkward when its so small,

15. shush4

shush4 Member

soul, dope pieces. Heres what i try and keep in mind. even though im still a toy and JUST gettign in to straight letters and what have you, before any extentions what so ever you should aim to have super dope and crazy letters. Then from there you can add all the fancy stuff. w/ that style im wondering where youre from?

16. souloner

souloner Member

@ shush,

ty, im working on letters as we speak actually and im from eastern Canada why do you ask?

17. emace1

emace1 Member

18. shush4

shush4 Member

I'm no expert but your letter structure looks ok, only think i have to say is you should make sure all of the important parts of each letter are showing for example the o is blocking part of the m where it would show to be an m. im not sure if that makes much sense over the internet.
    in any event, heres my latest, took my last crit into consideration. what can i improve on now?
    [​IMG]

19. MyNipsAreHard

Shush- your lines are still a little shaky- try doing the letter in a less amount of lines. limiting the connecting points where the mistakes/sloppyness occurs

20. shush4

shush4 Member

anything else i should work on? does it seem my letter structure is headed in the correct direction?