Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Wheatpasting 'n Posters

Discussion in 'Tools and tips' started by DNA, Nov 19, 2004.

Share This Page

1. mas$

mas$ Elite Member

try addin more water? ive never tried makin any yet...i should..but yea thats just my logic talkin

2. repsSDN

repsSDN Senior Member

k cheers ill post some pics of my posters in abit

3. repsSDN

repsSDN Senior Member

4. mas$

mas$ Elite Member

nice..cud use a couple cleaner lines imo but its cool..ill post a 1x1 meter hello my name is poster wit my ghost on it soon

5. Hitch

Hitch Senior Member

Hey guys I'm just getting into wheatpasting recently. I have been stenciling for a while however. When you put a design onto the paper. is it common to print it onto printer paper using a common household printer? I'm a bit confused about this since I do not want the ink to smear on the page when I apply the wheatpaste or when it rains. Do you normally just print it out of a printer? or spray paint it on? or get it printed onto the paper at a place like Kinkos? or should I go with the color it in via a marker like a Deco?

6. RUP'E

RUP'E Senior Member

u shuld always use the thinnest paper possible, it sticks better.wheatpaste stufff smells like absolute shit after about 3 days.i warn u.to stop printer ink smudging with rain and wet wheatpaste, try spraying it with heavy duty hair spray then leaving it to dry before u stik it.
    i wanna get sum pics up soon.
    cheers
    RUP'E

7. Hitch

Hitch Senior Member

ai32.photobucket.com_albums_d4_Hitch514_IMG_1413.jpg
    ai32.photobucket.com_albums_d4_Hitch514_IMG_1414.jpg

heres one of my recent wheatpastes, any crits/comments/tips/advice?

8. RaZoR123

RaZoR123 Senior Member

Good job...i like it...just remember to put up a good bold picture to get peoples attention to your poster...THEN emphasize the words...

9. RaZoR123

RaZoR123 Senior Member

So i have a new untested idea for an additive to your paste...if nobody else did this, then all credit goes to me :p

So a lot of people know its more convenient to use Wallpaper Paste instead of Wheatpaste....(cheaper, easier, spreads better, etc...) but everybody also knows that it isnt nearly as strong. Well while observing my usual stores of Hobby Lobby, Dollar Tree, and Ace hardware...i noticed over and over again this glue called Epoxy. It said that it could hold up to 1000 pounds of force....and its a CLEAR liquid...so i thought...what if i got Golden Harvest wallpaper paste (with Teknabond of course) and mix in some of this Epoxy glue? I havent tried it yet...but i will soon.....any thoughts/comments/concerns?

10. repsSDN

repsSDN Senior Member

Sounds like it would be proper strong.
    Hitch that poster is nice, pretty good idea.

11. RaZoR123

RaZoR123 Senior Member

Just bought some teknabond wallpaper paste...ill get epoxy tomorrow...how much should i put in?

12. RaZoR123

RaZoR123 Senior Member

Has anybody else tried this? How much Epoxy glue should i put in? ...any comments? And by the way....bump...

13. fnt

fnt Senior Member

I don't know, but wallpaper paste isn't as strong as wheatpaste, and its more expensive, you can add glue to wheatpaste also

14. RaZoR123

RaZoR123 Senior Member

Yeah, but its easier to make...

15. Indeed

Indeed Senior Member

hell, cooking the wheatpaste is part of the fun... it gets you more involved in the whole experience if that makes any sense. Ive heard of people puting wood glue in wheatpaste so I dont see why epoxy wouldnt work. (although i wouldnt recomend heating the epoxy up, cause some of it can be pretty obnoxious stuff; ie fumes)

16. Indeed

Indeed Senior Member

experiment...

17. RaZoR123

RaZoR123 Senior Member

Yeah ive been part of the Wheatpasting scene for awhile...i just wanted to try a new glue...and i thought that heating up epoxy in wheatpaste wouldnt be a good idea thats why im gonna try it with Wallpaper Paste...i dont have to heat it up then! :cool: Ill let everybody know how it goes....

18. RaZoR123

RaZoR123 Senior Member

Dont let this thread die...it should be the stickied wheatpaste thread...:D

19. Code_sucht

Code_sucht Banned

I bailed on this thread and got bored with it. Keep it up all you other guys. Some good look posters and some not so good looking posters.
    That's life...

Cheers

20. RUP'E

RUP'E Senior Member

im newe tot his site. ay if ur bored maybe u can send me messages and tips or sum shit.im not new to whaetpasting but .