Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Piece Battle Thread.

Discussion in 'Toy Battle' started by Fube, May 4, 2010.

Share This Page

1. thepekins

thepekins Guest

ok dude heres my fucking sketch. I know its not some legendary piece or anything but it rips yours so lets just get that shit straight. [Broken External Image]:http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/2686/scan0035x.jpg
    and this is what you dont understand about what me and stuck are sayin: We're not trying to make ourselves feel good (highschool bully style) by calling your piece shit even though it was actually good and were just jealous or something. Your piece was shit, and you dont even want to admit it. "not great, not good, not shit" it was shit. seriously.... and yeah what writer doesnt point out super toy shit. its fun... of course every writer starts out bad but once you get going a little you can at least call the writers doing worse shit than you shit.....
    ok i realize im having a baked rant right now so im gonna stop. drop it phat we're right. when people call my shitty pieces bad I admit it and move the fuck on :eek:

2. MoganOne

MoganOne Moderator

Ok bullshit aside lol...
    Here is the Poll
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Phat2
    [Broken External Image]:http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos...79165086_100000507545549_513736_3890589_n.jpg
    AcrsK
    afarm6.static.flickr.com_5127_5206142522_990cbef3dd_z.jpg
    Herse
    [Broken External Image]:http://img33.imageshack.us/img33/6406/fall5399.jpg
    Ian
    [Broken External Image]:http://img836.imageshack.us/img836/9012/imag0232.jpg
    Mone
    ai937.photobucket.com_albums_ad220_Albinoethiopian07_1126101043_1.jpg
    Fronco
    [Broken External Image]:http://img600.imageshack.us/img600/5351/screenshot20101128at923.png
    Somber
    [Broken External Image]:http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/2686/scan0035x.jpg
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

3. MoganOne

MoganOne Moderator

Asrck it looks good and all but you can not just randomly pick up 3d in one day... I would not doubt it if you looked at some one else's 3d and did a bite... on another note Fronco GMV
    :rolleyes:

4. ian

ian Elite Member

Herste GMV, although I'm diggin fronco's as well. I just like the style of Herste's better

5. W_G_O_N_E

W_G_O_N_E Elite Member

i gotta vote mone ,fronco had my vote but somthin about the d turned me off , dope style though

go vote on the beef battle Phat and I are goin to war........lol

6. Phat 2

Phat 2 Elite Member

somber, your standards are waaaaaaaay too fucking high for just an intermediate writer dude. try to come back down to earth every once in a while, that'd probably help you see things a bit clearly. everyone looks so small from that high up on your imaginary pedestle dont they? when in reality, you're just the same size as the rest of us :)
    now smile wide, you might get that one vote you're so desperately praying to get just so that you can prove your point.

another note, pay a visit to the toy blackbook thread and check out 10 year old kids' sketches with no style, no flow, no letter structure, no consistency, no cleanliness, no good colors, and no creativity and come back to call my stuff shit. I'd be happy to admit it then.

go ahead and have your precious last word after this post so that you don't "lose the argument". as for my side, the subject is closed.

finally, I hate to do it, but I vote for herste. you missed a tiny spot under the stars on the far left that should've a red border
    and yes, go vote on the beef thread

7. AcrsK

AcrsK Senior Member

I have to go with Fronco on this one.

Mogan, you make me giggle with your biting accusation. :)

8. ribcage

ribcage Banned

i like all the colors on herste's, but mone stay comin with the fire gmv

9. thepekins

thepekins Guest

herste gmv

a letter to phat, written with much thought
    My standards are not too high. You calling me an intermediate writer shows that your standards are too low. I dont consider myself an intermediate writer, I posted in that thread a few times then realized I needed more work. Look at the poll man, yours is by far the worst, votes aside. lol i was joking about the "lose the argument" thing. Im not criticizing your stuff cus im up on a pedestal, im saying it because its true bro. I dont have any problem with you, like I said a while ago I think you have a good attitude about getting better and you dont really bash other writers so thats cool. If you dont wanna admit your piece was bad thats cool, its not going to affect my life or anything, but that is a bad quality in a writer. You gotta be humble when its deserved dude and then you can be a dick when its warranted too, thats how I was schooled by some pros when I was very first starting out in a yard and they came up to me. so yeah...

props to wgone, mone and fronco, good entries dudes

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 29, 2010
  10. Fronco

Fronco Member

a not on this debate
    first thing is first i think its sad that you kids are learning this shit on the internet and not face to face with some one who is much better then you, when you do a piece it not important to hear things like "oh that dope" or "man your getting better" all you should hear is "thats fucking shit" thats the way graffiti is and has always been. its not about positive reenforcement or feeling validated about what your doing but rather the opposite. when you put something out this community they are supposed tell you its shit simply because it make you want to quit it test your conviction and determination to continue. in this culture you must be hated to be loved. forget about your last pieces , cause as far as your concerned, they all suck so start thinking about the next one.
    also herste your making up for pore letter structure and flow with your 3d and drips .
    ian thats what im talking about now try to overlap your letters a bit or try tilting them a bit but dont mess with the structure

11. lord_plankton

lord_plankton Elite Member

if its pure shit i guess its valid what you said, but nothing bad with pointing out weak AND strong points. all that talk is redundant because youll get taught through the wall.
    also you talk as if youve been around for ever. i think the culture gives a shit about you and your opinions on it. just saying.

mone.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2010
  12. ian

ian Elite Member

thanks man, no one else said anything lol but i just straight up did plain letters so i figured it was just shitty again

13. The Grapist

The Grapist Member

Fronco GMV funky fresh

14. thepekins

thepekins Guest

fronco and plankton is where im coming from fellas

15. Meow.oner.locs.831

Meow.oner.locs.831 Member

Herse gmv.

Consistent letters with good placement as well as a decent color scheme -- makes it pop.

Mone would have gotten my vote if he had colored it rather than leaving it black and white; clean letters though. Those explosive jabbits are doin me dirty. :p

16. ian

ian Elite Member

I agree with you on that, although i would have probably still voted the way i did. How come you never color your stuff mone? I really like your style but sometimes a full color piece is hard to out do with just black and white

17. ribcage

ribcage Banned

nah mone i like the black and white, the only thing id like to see filled is the 3d, cause then ur shit would go from dope to dooope
    that E is steazy by the way

18. FuckTheFame

FuckTheFame Elite Member

AcrsK
    you guys are seriously not giving this dude his dues
    check out his flickr

@thepekins - lets battle

19. thepekins

thepekins Guest

I dont know your stuff but im down for a friendly battle, if you win you can call my stuff shit all you want and I wont care haha. what word, how about PHOEBE? I have to sketch it for this chick at school anyway

20. W_G_O_N_E

W_G_O_N_E Elite Member

@FRONCO-Any tips on improving structure and flow?