Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Markers

Discussion in 'Tools and tips' started by imported_newz12, May 2, 2004.

Share This Page

1. Dome27

Dome27 Senior Member

well... I didn't leave em out... I didn't take em out, or anything for that matter. I was bored and didn't have much time, so I just racked a few black leather dye Kiwi's and hit up plastic and wood surfaces... All of the tags are still there and a few the plastic ones look like people have tried to clean/buff them off but on slightly faded/smeared them... the tags themselves are still intact and legible from a good distance, just with a gray halo around them

2. RaZoR123

RaZoR123 Senior Member

This could be a revolution....haha

Well, i haven't seen anybody post it...but, with your kiwi......it goes 2 ways. Leave the valve in, and you get no mess, but ruin the nib faster and not as good drips...leave it out. SICK drips, but a mess and a flooded cap...

Well, i seeked for the best answer for this problem. And i may have found it. Im 90% positive on its success (i only tested with the polish inside of it...hey! Its 4:43 am over here!!! You try NOT being lazy at a time like this!) and i think i may have it...

Take out the valve. Now get some scissors. You know those 3 green spiraled legs on the valve? Well cut out the middle segment of 2 of the legs. JUST THE MIDDLE SEGMENT, AND JUST 2 OF THEM....I CANT STRESS THAT ENOUGH! Now, CAREFULLY put the valve back in JUST like it was...making sure its completely lined up with the little hole inside the nib, and pop it back in perfectly...make sure its not like tilted, or not all the way in....it must be perfectly put back in just like it was....it make take a little longer to put it back in straight because of the mod....but its worth it...

Now after this mod, i was able to hold it over keyboard and squeeze it without fear...because NOTHING dripped out of it...even when held upside down...BUT...when i BARELY push the nib down, it completely flooded and dripped...:D ....somebody please clarify this with ghetto krink and a new kiwi....:D And post results.....!

3. Code_sucht

Code_sucht Banned

Looks like everyone hopped on that ole gravy train when I was selling my chromes and then stopped, lol

Fuck it, That shit is exclusive to the jtf only.

4. Code_sucht

Code_sucht Banned

Oh and Razor, I'm looking to get back in on this Modded mops, markers, etc..

Just spread that info out to the public on what to do and how to do it.

Always looking to help :)

Cheers,

5. Rogue

Rogue Guest

6. gcrolla

gcrolla Elite Member

It drips whether you have it in or not, with it you can control your drips rather than have it look like a sloppy mess.

Also rogue, its been about 6 months now, are you ever going to send the markers?

7. gcrolla

gcrolla Elite Member

8. tuckfoys

tuckfoys Senior Member

Ive seen 2 types of kiwis..one with a hole in the middle of the nib and u can see the regulator (Take it out and you get a flooded cap). And the normal one with no hole in the middle of it. So yea if your going racking look through the top and make sure u dont get the shitty one

9. RaZoR123

RaZoR123 Senior Member

Bump....:mad: :mad: :mad:

10. tuckfoys

tuckfoys Senior Member

Is there any way to put etch (Yea mutherfuckers, etch, waa waa) into a pentel white? Thad be the sickest fukn marker out there if you can.

11. chief

chief Senior Member

you could probably just use some other pump style marker

i fucked up the nib on a kiwi but i kept the nib on an old window marker and put it on the kiwi bottle. its the same but shorter. anyway it flows way better with the valve in.
    any one think you could trim the nib on a kiwi so you dont have to push thru the foam so hard.

12. Code_sucht

Code_sucht Banned

you might be able to do this but you would have to be super precise and use a very sharp exacto knife..
    I just would not recommend it, but you down trim around the edges and make the circle smaller, if you want.. Just do it with an unused nib to avoid messes..

:)

Cheers,

13. Code_sucht

Code_sucht Banned

Oh and one more thing, in trying to thin down the foam so you dont have to push so hard, it is impossible to do so without encountering the problem of the nib itself being uneven..

14. ##sable##

##sable## Senior Member

my personal favourite is teh kiwi bottle mop. teh classic. i hope everyone knows about those.

15. RaZoR123

RaZoR123 Senior Member

Dude, no flame...your new....i understand, but seriously....i think everyone knows about 'em....good effort though...

16. RaZoR123

RaZoR123 Senior Member

...i didnt want to answer his question....but nobody will and you just made it worst....YOU CAN PUT ETCH IN NEARLY ANY CONTAINER but a glass one....haha...

17. tuckfoys

tuckfoys Senior Member

NO it doesnt.. Unless u shake it up kick it out a 3rd floor window an set it on fire

18. BizerkIZ

BizerkIZ Elite Member

LOL...

[Broken External Image]:http://img522.imageshack.us/img522/2944/3e6faf8fch3.jpg

[Broken External Image]:http://img267.imageshack.us/img267/6366/dc1gc8.jpg

[Broken External Image]:http://img406.imageshack.us/img406/8987/2aa462b9vi3.jpg

[Broken External Image]:http://img131.imageshack.us/img131/8423/4501e65fdy5.jpg

[Broken External Image]:http://img408.imageshack.us/img408/1236/d81tg7.jpg

I love sakura.. they make nice markers.. sg7's became extra broads i think?

19. Code_sucht

Code_sucht Banned

So I take it those have pump systems? And just how permanent are they? Id like to pump one full of my ink recipe..

Wanna trade four ounces of chrome paint, thinned out enough for pump markers, for one of those if they have a pump system?

Hell if I like the one I might get from you, I will trade for more..
    PM me with some specs on the marker if you are interested. ..
    Marker size, nib quality, pump system, etc...

Cheers, :)

20. chief

chief Senior Member

dude do u have all that cuz its a noice ass stash.

and do flowpens make clean lines too or are they just for drips. iknow the ink sucks but im want to refill one