Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Chat

Discussion in 'Toys forum' started by Edward"Sezer"Hands, Aug 17, 2007.

Share This Page

1. zennegen

zennegen Banned

it's just because his painting sell for like millions of dollars, man. everybody wants their hands on a banky piece one way or another..

2. Zookyook

Zookyook Elite Member

yea brad and angelina jolie spend like 200 grand at one of his shows.... hes not a graffiti artist in my opinion... i do like where his ideas come from but basically he IS the 'punk' putting together some shit from IKEA lol, im sure hes got a huge house and nothing to worry about... pretty much the same deal with obey, their work makes sense and its cool and all, but u know they dont practice what they preach (anti-capitalism) because theyre fucking both rich

3. zennegen

zennegen Banned

doggy, you need to understand that at one point, they did practice that, or condoned of it or whatever, but now they have money because of the work they've put in. why be broke when you can make a living doing what you love? that's what it's all about, man.

4. markingz.

markingz. Banned

omg fuck banksy yo what afuckin joke, that foolissooooooverrated, one of my freinds wont hut up about him its so annoying everythings babksys so good blah blah blah what a jokwe yo

5. zennegen

zennegen Banned

banksy=exponentially better than you... so you're a joke too, right? according to your logic.

6. markingz.

markingz. Banned

banksy's good but no where close to as good as the public portrays him to be, why do you like him so much hes a stencil freak, i personally dont give a fuck about stencils homie stencils are lame in my book

7. Xfish

Xfish Senior Member

i like stencils but thats my opinion

8. weakfingers

weakfingers Elite Member

As much as I dislike the idea of "street art" Its pretty cool to see in the right inviorment, I feel more and more art fags are getting into it for lame art fame but I think street art is cool if poeple are doing it for personal fufilment, and not to be the next banksy, Banksy dident start out knowing he was gonna be well... banksy he started out ina time where street art wasent popular and he wasent getting any fame it just grew over time. Read books, study artist befor you flame them. The dudes done some big things. I hate the wanna be street art fags coming to graffiti spots and spraying there weird stencils but people who are out there doing it for the right reasons i can respect.

If youve been to one of his shows its way more then sticils, its oil accrylic skulpture etc etc etc its a breath of fresh air to see good street are in my opinion. In toronto osme guy has been wheat pasting lifesized homeless people everywhere looks pretty cool imo

Last edited: Apr 24, 2010
  9. markingz.

markingz. Banned

i dont like em, my opinion,

10. weakfingers

weakfingers Elite Member

11. zaco

zaco Senior Member

what if the stencil is just of the name you write, im down with that. but to be honest i fuckn hate those stencils of peoples faces, there too personal for anyone else to appreciate. i see them and i like so what its just blatant

12. Xfish

Xfish Senior Member

if i ever got into street art itd be the same reason i did for graffiti its fun and exciting.

13. zaco

zaco Senior Member

but what about piecing, thats graff but also artsy ya know. like i dont give a shit about classification, if your putting things up where your not supposed too than thats graff end of story

14. The Average Homeboy

The Average Homeboy Senior Member

Saw some nice stuff in Toledo, didn't really have time to explore and shit. It also seemed where I was at was the bumfuck of Toledo.

BTW, what was your question Markingz?

15. RedEyes

RedEyes Elite Member

Did a dope trackside roof top last night with my crew. We chilled smoke a blunt n drank 40z while painting. almost got busted by csx on the way back. all in all good night. will have flicks up later.

16. Sesh-it-up

Sesh-it-up Guest

any one know how to delete a fucking account? the mods are goofs on this fuckin site.

17. Xfish

Xfish Senior Member

cool get pics?
    edit: nvm

18. Zookyook

Zookyook Elite Member

i like what weak's saying about street art in general... and like i said i DO like banksy's work and where hes coming from (anti-capitalist anti-consumer) but his shows are where he should stay, because his fine art is the best thing going for him and to me its just like hes dabbling in graffiti cuz he wants some 'street cred' or something

19. LeaksOne

LeaksOne Elite Member

stop using it....you cant delete

20. TheToy

TheToy Elite Member

I hate some of the big signatures people have on BS. Takes forever to scroll down a page on a phone...

Damn.