Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Sabotaz Paint

Discussion in 'Tools and tips' started by RoEbot, Apr 6, 2007.

Share This Page

1. costco

costco Member

i fuck with rusto 90% of the time but when i do buy paint i grab Sabotaz it smells like propane i think so hank hill would be into it but for real the cans have a good feel to them, the colors are nice and the paint goes over water too. people are complaining about the high pressure in the 400ml cans the pressure is perfect for fills and if you put a german uni on it the pressure gets real low and the 600 ml crome is the best crome ive ever used and it has high pressure until the can is gone im waiting for **** to restock it because its always like 4 bucks and under can and they will have some bulk deals like always.

2. SavageKatz

SavageKatz New Member

For 3pound a can in my local shop i have been rinsing this stuff pretty much since it came out, prefer it to mtn's and beltons any day (or night) of the week!!!!!

3. Apse One

Apse One Member

ai52.tinypic.com_ogwbkl.jpg
    i did this with some taz. i personally like the smell, and the cans are good. But I'd go w laks over taz anyday. Better control with Ironlak

4. Tink

Tink Member

who sells it

5. Apse One

Apse One Member

o i n k art ltd.com
    (had to throw spaces in there so the filter doesn't nail it like this: ****artltd.com
    I prefer Ironlak over sabotz, but some people really dig it

6. Risk_Inicijativa

Risk_Inicijativa Senior Member

Well in my country Sabotaz is one of the best cans. But, it sucks really. It drips somewhere n i have so many probs with it. And it is more expensive than Lak

7. BennyBoii

BennyBoii Senior Member

james at o i n k hypes that shit up so much but everyone thinks its trash
    i'll have 2 pick some up

8. AirMaxKid889Bomber

AirMaxKid889Bomber Member

laks low presure have hell good control, but 94's are much better i think.

9. zachatnca

zachatnca Senior Member

anyone that says there paint is great on there front page and you havent heard of it must suck. end of story

10. Apse One

Apse One Member

Bumping an old thread is taboo, but here's some debatable insight on the cans:
    http://www.complex.com/art-design/2012/06/the-15-best-spray-paint-brands-available-in-america/

It ranks the cans as
    Montana and Mtn
    3. Molotow
    4. Ironlak
    5. Ruto (cuz u can nab it free)
    6. Fresh (an Ironlak knock-off by o i n kartltd.com, good stuff, but only 30 colors)
    7. some good white stuff
    8. Sabatoz (watery stuff, but good color)
    and then
    evolve, beat, clash
    kobra and all-city
    plutonium and krylon

There's room for personal preferences here, but the ranks by technology and accessibility are legit

11. Cessfool42

Cessfool42 New Member

Where I am Mtn and Gold are like, 2-3$ more than Sabos, and Ironlaks are pretty much impossible to find. Sabotaz are awesome with the minimal drip, and the coats are pretty thick (lovin' the colours too). Yeah the smell is terrible, but I use a respirator, so no biggie. It might not be a brand to commit with, but they are something to try out at least once.

12. Sicotik13

Sicotik13 Senior Member

i use rusto mostly its the only good paint i can go buy unless i order online

13. twisties

twisties Elite Member

Did sab go out of business? i never fuxed with their paints but place i buy from had a blow out sale of their shit..

14. newbornsek

newbornsek Elite Member

Sab didn't go out of business, my spot was having a decent sale on them recently too but I think they may be clearing inventory and (hopefully) introducing some new product/line.

As a long time user of Sab and Belton I would say Belton is easily the superior paint but Sab can be a somewhat replacement when needed. The color line isn't huge but they do offer a variety of colors, each color a little different to use then the others

GOOD COLORS
    -Signal Black (great coverage)
    -Absinth (green)
    -Green line
    -Blue line (especially Light Blue)
    -Greys are all decent

Bad Colours
    -Flat white (terrible -avoid at all costs- shit coverage and pressure is way too high)
    -Mango/pommagrant ect - If your going to get these lighter shades of colors definitely get another brand of paint Sab FAILS HARD WITH LIGHTER COLORS NO COVERAGE

There are some other bad colors but in general if I didnt list them in the good colors then they arn't worth getting.. i would also reccomend wearing a resp using this paint even though I don't I can basically feel my brain cells dying. My biggest problem with this paint is how the paint flakes after a couple weeks. I came back to take a look at own of my characters and the whole thing had flaked away... best to use a primer to seal the wall before spraying...
    happy bombing!

15. defaultlegend

defaultlegend Member

whenever i get some more cash imma get a $500 visa giftcard buy fresh paint, ironlak, and sabotaz

16. soath

soath Elite Member

it's been said, some good colors an some bad. if it's cheap make it work 4 u.

17. zachatnca

zachatnca Senior Member

i actually take back my statement i was completely wrong, im imagining you know of **** art, they sell sabotaz for very cheap and it is very high quality bombing paint, one of the best ive used

18. zachatnca

zachatnca Senior Member

i actually take back my statement i was completely wrong, im imagining you know of **** art, they sell sabotaz for very cheap and it is very good paint for bombing and for the price. my favorite paints in order would have to be:

1.montana tar black (great for bombing)
    2.ironlak reload (great cheap bombing paint)
    3.ironlak 400ml (all about the price...)
    4.rustoleum (widely available and is very opaque paint)
    5.fresh paint (from what i heard its great, just ordered 6 cans of it)