Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Blackbooks

Discussion in 'Toys forum' started by Kayone707, Jun 15, 2005.

Share This Page

1. smrufone

smrufone Member

2. drOping

drOping Senior Member

smuk- straighten out those letters a bit, kinda looks sloppy. make your 3d a little more even...your on the right track.

Havek-I think that shits tight. maybe make the stuff to the left of the T a little smaller, i feel like its stealing the T's space kinda. Looks like you kind of ran out of room.

Lein-the I looks like an F

Im working on a new name, Slek (sounds like sleek). Tell me what you guys think, which one you like better? (i'm over sharpies, wish i could afford something else)

Attached Files:

3. DUNSY

DUNSY Senior Member

not even 1 crit bump

4. b SQUARED 08

b SQUARED 08 Senior Member

I feel you, but it's not my name. I'm working on a sketch for a friend of mine overseas, so I'm forcing myself to find a way that works.

Any more crits would really help me out :)

Dunsy: As clean as all of your coloring looks, you still need to work on your letters. For example, I don't even know what the first letter on that first sketch is. The E in that same sketch is hurtin' too. Try using straight bars, then gradually work in bends, then proportional changes once you've got those down. You've got the coloring down well, but that's the easy part. Now start sketching in pencil only and putting more practice into your letters.

5. the strange one

the strange one Member

wish i'd planned this one out on a bigger bit of paper :(
    crits on the simples plz??
    [Broken External Image]:http://img38.imagefra.me/img/img38/2/9/4/potts/f_2s5q80m7qq2m_f954870.jpg

Trek- i like that style keep trying it

drop- i think your e looks too sqwashed on the the green on but a fat bit of 3d and a bit mor spacing it'd be cool beans man
    dunsy- love the yellow and orange ones and your monkey is cool but i think he'd be better a bit lighter brown so you could give his boby more shape..but i dig the bubbly shizzle yo lol

Last edited: Sep 4, 2009
  6. klic

klic Elite Member

l ONLY HAVE ONE ENTRY FOR THE HANDSTYLE BATTLE (THE WORD IS "PREMIUM RECYCLED" AND I DON'T HAVE ANY ENTRIES FOR THE THROWlE BATTLE (THE WORD IS "MONEY"). SO GET ON IT

7. smrufone

smrufone Member

Slek im feeling the one on the left side in ur book

8. scotchtape

scotchtape Member

Its been awhile, gonna roll with the tots till I'm back on track again. Yah, my lines are raw, and my proportions are kinda fucked in the second one, but my colouring seems to have improved with neglect.

NEED ADVICE ON A "I". Can't seem think of anything to do with it.

[Broken External Image]:http://img30.imageshack.us/img30/4044/dscf0011u.jpg

[Broken External Image]:http://img268.imageshack.us/img268/9951/dscf0027gt.jpg

same: Shits weird, son. With that out of the way the 3d is really messed, I think you should hit up classic simples. Imitate a font, learn how to use bars. I like the top line better then the name. You'll work it out, man.

Dunsy: Second picture, top throw. Roll with that, mad potential. Other stuff is meh.

Snuk: Stop. Drop. And Roll on over to simples and bars.

Trek: Just nit picking... Trim it down a little, show off the structure of the letters more. Make the T give the R a little space, and the E is feelin' pretty crowded to. Pretty solid though, keep it up.

Neet: Feels way forced, man. Relax, make it your own.

Lein: Hit the simples, work plain letters until they are so boring it hurts to do them. Bending is like puberty, you can't force that shit to happen on your schedule.

9. BLUNTEDROUNDTHACLOCK

BLUNTEDROUNDTHACLOCK Banned

damn dunsy you been chillin in here for a minute
    you need to work on the structure on your letters do a pencil sketch without those ridiculous colors

10. ThatguywhodrinksTea

ThatguywhodrinksTea Senior Member

View attachment 508113

geski- love that style i think the i fits in just fine your first e is better then your second same with your k

11. faser

faser Senior Member

Telos - use bars to even it out and make all letters the same size. please fix the O

12. Shell703

Shell703 Senior Member

View attachment 508150

Telos- Try and get those bar withs consistent throughout the piece, try and get the letters about the same size (the L is mad tiny while the S is huge)

Scotchtape- I really like how the bubbles came out on the second one- the letter forms are really creative.

Strange- Thats a really unique style, it looks good as regular letters, I suggest trying to play around with those letters a little bit-tweek them, bend them whatever add some flavor into them

Dunsey- I really like that monkey and the background/forcefields you have there, I'd suggest working on the letters a little more since those(characters/Background) Grab the most attention compared to the letters

Snuk- I'd have to agree with the others- beat the hell out of those solid keyboard letter for a while

Trek- That's an ill piece but while the TRE are all leaning to the right I feel the K is leaning more straight up or to the left more which kinda thorws the flow of the piece off a little bit--IMO

Squared- The 3D and coloring is really nice- I don't know if it is a style choice but I think the E and N are smaller then the L and I (I think it is)- that and the L seems to heavily overlap the second letter more so than the rest of the letters

NEET- again imma have to go with the others the N is huge and the E's both look squished inbetween the N and T. The letter forms themselves are goos but if you take apart each letter individually I think you'd find they'd be different sizes compared to one another.

13. LeaksOne

LeaksOne Elite Member

geski i dont like your G not one bit. your E looks more like a G to me.

Telos work on evening up your bars and keepin all your letters the same height

shell i dont really know what that says. the tag does it no justice either. hwis? get workinonit

14. the strange one

the strange one Member

15. Shell703

Shell703 Senior Member

That shits nice- You just gave me new ideas to work with, I never thought of combining characters or objects within the piece- Hole? Is he a writer?

Leaks- Imma keep workin on it, make it more legible- it says HWIS-

16. MeDiCfOoL

MeDiCfOoL Member

combining letters with characters or objects can be tough because if you dont get it right then it looks awful, but yea i like that one "the strange one"

17. smrufone

smrufone Member

it SMUK not SNUK

18. mawks

mawks Senior Member

ahahah are you guys joking?? that shit is so gay

19. MeDiCfOoL

MeDiCfOoL Member

that shits tight dude, i like it alot but im not really feelin that arrow at the top of the K

20. MeDiCfOoL

MeDiCfOoL Member

any suggestions?

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 5, 2009