Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Questions

Discussion in 'Toys forum' started by Kayone707, Sep 6, 2004.

Share This Page

1. Fury

Fury Elite Member

Crust, you cannot be my piano teacher on this one (trying to excel AND THEN ALMOST FAIL ME).

2. JSabia

JSabia Member

thanks! i want my graff to have a a good foundation of solid unique lettering i seen way too many people have shitty ass letters n jus make it pass for decent by adding all these arrows n watnot...i reaalllly dont wanna go in that direction so its good to kno im gettin that right. so pretty much i should jus get inspiration n experiment with watever letters come to mind and when it comes to tags use a keyboard as an example? well heres an idea of where im at, these are some i did jus fucken around practicin, experimentin...hope they show up right

3. JSabia

JSabia Member

and dammit they didnt lol maybe i should jus put em in my album

4. LeaksOne

LeaksOne Elite Member

upload them on photobucket or something of that sort.

5. streetology973

streetology973 Senior Member

Hi guys this is my first on bombing sciece and i would like to know why i suck at graffiti? ps.If you guess what four drugs im on you win a prize!!

Just so you know you dont win but you help me remember before i O.D

6. JSabia

JSabia Member

i put sum up on my album on here if u wanna check it out its definitely not good n not my best i wouldnt even categorize it as graff AT ALL but it could give an idea of wat my next step on wat to specifically work on should be. i kno once i get out of this hole of wat to do next i'll progress quickly

Last edited: Feb 12, 2010
  7. LeaksOne

LeaksOne Elite Member

wait a tick.....your a girl??

and thats a start(the all black sould of mischief). but try evening up your bars which means making them all the same width and keep your letters the same height. as for the other 2.....scrap em. use your own letters.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2010
  8. SofatOner101

SofatOner101 Member

JSabia - are you posting flicks in the forum? or a link? cause I aint seeing either.

9. LeaksOne

LeaksOne Elite Member

10. massacreman

massacreman Elite Member

titsorgtfo

11. SofatOner101

SofatOner101 Member

lol, I figured that one out right after I posted.

12. LeaksOne

LeaksOne Elite Member

whoa whoa dont rush it. be cool and smooth about it. shes a lady

13. JSabia

JSabia Member

yes i am a lady im guessin you dont get too many of us around here huh haha but yea tha other 2 i did super quik jus bullshittin to see how good i could do it usin jus marker normally i use pencil n gotta erase a thousand times. im havin such a hard time comin up with my own letters tho they jus end up lookin like someone elses every time i try where do u guys get inspiration from? thanks for all the help by tha way this is way more helpful than all tha wannabes in my city

14. LeaksOne

LeaksOne Elite Member

nah we have ladies on here. just not many attractive ones. how old are you?

i get inspiration from graff movies, some cats on here, or a graff book. and erasing is fine. trial and error. you could even go to the main page and look at the different cities. its a long road of hard work and dedication. just keep your shit SUPER simple until you have your letters down pack then start adding your own flavor too it.

15. Alts13

Alts13 Senior Member

I get inspiration from all around me, I really enjoy abstract art so that helps me break down letters, I watch shit loads of cartoons with my son so I get a lot of inspiration from that as well. Other than that just looking at graffiti inspires me, I am old enough now to have seen many different styles evolve and it is interesting to see what writers do to evolve their styles.

I TRY to make my stuff to be as original as possible, which is very hard nowadays but I seem to get some good feedback. As for erasing and stuff, hell I have probably erased more pieces than I have drawn (and my photobucket has about 1200 finshed drawings).

The best way to start off is simple keyboard letters, you will get more respect for solid simples than half arsed pieces and just keep practising and working at it, also don't just write your own name, do exchanges, battles random words, you never know how 1 letter may inspire you to do a letter in your name differently. Be humble, modest and appreciate constructive crits and you will go far.

16. SofatOner101

SofatOner101 Member

JSabia-When I first started, I would straight out bite my letters BUT once I had copied the letter from someone else, I would redraw it and change something, and I would keep doing that until I had a letter that was no longer bitten but still had the solid foundation of the original letter.
    As you progress you will find your letters will get better just from the repeated practice.
    That said, don't post anything that you bite.

also, What are you writing?

17. mefe

mefe Senior Member

ok..so i was painting today.... i filled in 3 outa 4 letters (whole thing was about 5feet by 3 feet) and a brand new can of $6.50 montana hardcore was empty... i was like wtf.... it is cold here, but not really cold. was it the cold that caused this... cuz i got fuckign pissed when i had to leave it unfinished, and yes.. i shook the hell outa it... any help would be great. thanks

18. -tonnes-

-tonnes- Member

i got my throws down now im startin with simple letters, my question for this picture is how can i flow the letters so there isnt that empty spot between the L and O and how do you do the 3-d on simples?

ai1018.photobucket.com_albums_af303_reptdot420_alonesimple.jpg

19. markingz.

markingz. Banned

hey guys, i really suck, and i was wonderin if yall could shed some light on the topic of bars, what are they, how do you do em? most graff i see is so intricate and other is not, i want to know it all how do they do it

20. flask1995

flask1995 Senior Member

how long would a throwup be? My guess would be less then 5 minutes right? depending how neat you want it? cause my friend said a throwup doesnt take more then 2 minutes and he writes fucking terrible, i could call him a toy but whatever.:eek: