Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

The Intermediate Thread

Discussion in 'Toys forum' started by (SoS)Viruz, Mar 14, 2009.

Share This Page

1. dave the pirate

dave the pirate Senior Member

2. BigBend

BigBend Member

Much better. Got the bics working now!
    ai43.tinypic.com_29lfpmh.jpg

3. dmot_snts

dmot_snts Member

I would recommend getting rid of the extensions and arrows for now and try to focus on developing your letters more.

4. dmot_snts

dmot_snts Member

You dont need some of the extensions, your letters would look better without them, try overlapping them. The E looks weird because is not the same width as the rest of the letters.

5. dmot_snts

dmot_snts Member

Is better to have a solid letter structure, focus on that, once you got that down start playing with color. Nice character

6. dmot_snts

dmot_snts Member

bump

7. dmot_snts

dmot_snts Member

separate your letters more the first letter needs more work

8. BigBend

BigBend Member

@dmot_snts- none of my drawing have extensions there just random bars and arrows to add depth and dimension for a 3d affect.

9. TastyMcNasty

TastyMcNasty Elite Member

what is your definition of extension exactly? because what you said in your own quote, is basically what it is.

10. BigBend

BigBend Member

The way i took it was he was saying that they were coming off the letters like they were attached(which there not), but either way you can take it for whatever.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2011
  11. kringe

kringe Senior Member

I think you should leave the 3d shit alone until you have a better grasp on letters...

12. BigBend

BigBend Member

What's the problem with the letters they have stucture only thing that is my weakness is the add on bars and stuff to make it more realistic and 3D other than that it should be on key unless I missed somthing. But thanx for the advise ill keep it in mind wen I'm doin the next sketch.

13. Phillip McDougall

Phillip McDougall Elite Member

No, they don't have proper structure or shading. You have to shade it as if the sun is shining on it from a certain spot..

14. BigBend

BigBend Member

yeah i know the simple doesnt have structure cause the S is messed up but on my other pieces structure is there. And yeah i know the light and shading but thats my weakness in all my work, solid 3d is easy im just lazy with my sketches cause half the time if not all the time they get painted so why waist time on paper when i can put all effort towards the wall and make it perfect, but thats just me. But if u see somthing other than what i can see let me know and ill try and fix it.

15. dmot_snts

dmot_snts Member

add ons like bars, 3d, color etc dont focus too much on that for now. Work on your letters, give them all the same style.

16. ribcage

ribcage Banned

dont dont dont dont. when in doubt, dont do it bro

17. BigBend

BigBend Member

Aight well heres the start. Any letters need changing, i want the spacing like it is cause the blocks and extensions will fill up the negative space.
    ai44.tinypic.com_5xn2v.jpg
    Finished product sry bout the colors ran outta markers at work so had to use pen.
    ai40.tinypic.com_2d80zug.jpg

Last edited: Dec 7, 2011
  18. Bilnek

Bilnek Senior Member

19. aplombson

aplombson Senior Member

anyone down to do a throw exchange, i write aplo' fer short?

20. BigBend

BigBend Member

@Bilnek- thankx alot def. will take all this in and use it. Preciate the help!