Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Tips And Rules For Stores

Discussion in 'Tools and tips' started by Brian Peppers, Apr 7, 2007.

Share This Page

1. UNDERTHEICE

UNDERTHEICE Senior Member

what if i filled a backpack at walmart are they gonna ask to check my backpack

2. CanalSt

CanalSt Senior Member

for paint markers always put them in your pocket tip down they dont rattle that way
    some dont even rattle until shaking up a lot i.e. uni paints

They'll probably stick to asking you or confronting you outside the store, play it off until you're certain that theres no other way than running.
    LOL if the still let you in!" your allowed back in, but fuck it,.. im KEEPIN MY EYE ON YOU."[/QUOTE]

lol that happened with me now I can go to this art store, I can only buy merchandise. Damn it.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2010
  3. Moon

Moon Senior Member

A small store update:

Most Bed Bath & Beyond store I've been to don't have those sensor-things at the entrances/exits, and because they have that whole "Beyond" section, it's easy to get electronics from there. I've gotten some nice $20 speakers, 2 $15 keyboards, and a $10 USB hub there. So basically, you don't have to worry about simple electronics.

Micheal's is a good place to get markers. They've got a huge section of markers, and the store is fairly large. Just don't go in looking like something an artist would find repulsive. IE: Try not to look like a skater/bomber/even possibly punk/goth. This will get you a shit load more attention then you need when your sole purpose of being in a store is stealing.

If you're going to rack, don't do stores that are close together more then once. I've been hitting up this one shopping area pretty repetitively, and while my friend was there, he overheard someone talking about cops catching kids doing something. So basically, people catch on, and they will find a way to stop/catch you.

4. Flawless Victory

Flawless Victory Elite Member

'skater/bomber/even possibly punk/goth.'
    are you serious?
    people "artists" find repulsive?
    are you fucking retarded, or just 12?
    ANYONE can be an artist.
    Mike's s the one place where dressing however you want will get no extra attention, and it's a great thing to use to your advantage.

5. extinct

extinct Senior Member

michaels is so easy to rack from, all you need is a phone or something, a bag an a hoodie with long sleeves. what you do is put your sleeve over watever then start mumblin bout bein called or someshit an open up yo bag an "grab your phone an switch it for your item... i got some markers like that in the front of the store durin the mornin.

also a tip is to not look like a rackin person, buy sumtin rlly cheap an smile :) lol i did it it worked

6. GRUJ

GRUJ New Member

some cans have glass peas in them, so a magnet wont work

7. Moon

Moon Senior Member

You know how else you can get markers? You put them in your pocket upside down when no one is looking then buy some gum.

8. Flawless Victory

Flawless Victory Elite Member

...or don't buy anything.
    Who the fuck goes to a craft store to look for gum?

9. Moon

Moon Senior Member

Yeah... that works to.

10. Ronathon

Ronathon Senior Member

A good way to rack graf books is to go to a newsagents where they sell newspapers as well. 'Someone I know' got Banksys Wall & Piece book by taking that and a newspaper, standing in the busy queue, paying for the newspaper while nonchalontly holding the book in the other hand like you would one of your own (have your money ready), and leaving. Act like the book is an inconvenience if you like, makes it seem like youve been lugging it round all day.

Spent 20p, saved £14.

The store detectives dont usually bother once youve joined the queue to pay. They assume you are paying for it. Helps if its a busy store though.

11. Ronathon

Ronathon Senior Member

Just stick them up your sleeve and leave.

12. JusMe

JusMe Member

I was in my hobby lobby today, and there were like 5 cameras in the whole store. NONE near the prismas or copics, but there is a fabric station right next to them so the person working there can see them. so after i bought a couple markers and scoped the store i was like 'wow, i coulda just racked these' and hated myself. im just super fucking paranoid about it, but i think im gonna get some.

13. MERTAone

MERTAone Senior Member

are you kidding.

14. Moon

Moon Senior Member

Ha-ha.

15. KAZonee

KAZonee Senior Member

what do u do in stores like homedepot wheres there cameras every where cuz the homedepot by my crib inoe where the blind spot is but all i can rack is kilz and oil based paint and shit all the rusto is locked up but inoe in other homedepots the paint aint locked up but theres cameras everwhere so how do i beat the cameras

16. H3TT1NG3R

H3TT1NG3R Elite Member

well kilz is fucken dope, but most of teh time if ur in and out of the store withing 10 minutes cameras wont get u, ive gotten shit in plain sight of a camera like most f teh time, more than hlf the time theyre not paying attention to the monitors or they just dont notice the one ur on

17. KAZonee

KAZonee Senior Member

wat if i come back to the same home depot they aint guna say shit?

werd kilz is good but i need somthin to outline it with

18. Moon

Moon Senior Member

If you're in a store that has a lot of fucking cameras, it is really varied on how good your chances of racking are. Also, lots of stores cage their paints, and it pretty much means you aren't getting any paint for free. Second, why rack from Home depot? It's to much of a hassle. They cage their paints, cameras are everywhere, and mine has entrance greeters that will make you drop of bags and crap.

19. Moon

Moon Senior Member

If you don't get caught the first time, officially, you are as clean as you where from the start. However, if someone suspected you of racking the first time, but didn't stop you, they might have an eye on you. Also, if you where on camera and they look at the footage after finding out their paint inventory is low, that also might put you on the radar.

I recommend you get paints from:
    -Fred Meyers
    -Micheal's
    -Joann's
    -And other places where the security is low on paints

20. Ronathon

Ronathon Senior Member

_ found a great little shoe store yesterday. (_ know its not paints but _ customise shoes so...). One camera, one assistant who was busy.
    _ put one pair of shoes in _ jacket and walked out. Simple.
    _ even went back later and, as _ guessed, different assistant. _ even took a bag with _ and this time put a pair in there.
    The camera was towards _ but because of the shoe racks couldnt see what _ was doing so theyd never prove anything. And _ didnt shit on my own doorstep, it was in a different town _ dont normally go to.

_ also racked about 8 Edding white paint markers as well from two different shops with the up the sleeve trick.

_ always like to speak to the staff, especially in small shops where there is only one. If your nice and polite _ dont think they watch as closely. And if you ask them to show you something you can follow them round the store racking as you go behind their back. In bigger stores any other staff wont bother looking much as your with one of their own.

Last edited: Aug 17, 2010