Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Photography

Discussion in 'Picture gallery' started by Fube, Dec 20, 2007.

Share This Page

1. theorist

theorist Senior Member

How can I get an all black background without the photoshop or a studio? might be a dumb question, but I need to know.

2. .A.K.4.7.

.A.K.4.7. Elite Member

Black screen, and underexpose so that the background is black, use lighting to bring out your subject, or shoot at night.

3. UpstateHate585

UpstateHate585 Elite Member

these have no pp at all. my computer wont stay on long enough to let me edit them lol. but o well

ai47.tinypic.com_15rkxok.jpg

ai49.tinypic.com_2i7xxzp.jpg

ai50.tinypic.com_r72cqu.jpg

ai45.tinypic.com_30wo687.jpg

4. ShIfTeD

ShIfTeD Elite Member

really dont give a shit

someone had to do it sooner or later

im getting my own showcase in a boutique...with a viewing party and shit, its gonna be so dope

5. ||BREAD||

||BREAD|| Elite Member

ya thats not too far from here.

$6500?! shit man! and whats MP? CL?

6. Robbie P

Robbie P Senior Member

7. Bets369R

Bets369R Elite Member

depends. are you using an off camera flash? ambient light?

with a flash, under expose the background and fill your subject with a light. To get a black background with this method, the subject needs to be at least 4 times as far away from the background than the light is to the subject.

So it would be like this:
    Light (1 foot) Subject (4 feet) Background.

With ambient light, you need to use some kind of black background material, and you most likely will still have to touch things up with photoshop

8. youthcrewdoof

youthcrewdoof Senior Member

jesus! ive been gone for not even a day and im behind 2 pages haha.
    i drove down to staten island today to see my friends in the band the wonder years and took some shots i will post them tomorrow.

ok so heres the catch up

shifted- i use a canon ya jerk!
    nice pick up on all the film stuff. you can do alot of damage with that little rangefinder camera. it pics up some nice colors if you use the right film.

AK- you still suck cause i want that leica so fucking bad haha.
    and that little leica rangefinder camera is a ticking bomb if someone knows how to use it right. i would kill for one. the shots that come out of it are out of this world if you know how to use it right.

9. ShIfTeD

ShIfTeD Elite Member

sorry man, i hate cannons so much

btw, i shiped your print today

10. einsamkeit

einsamkeit Senior Member

11. kmcdon3960

kmcdon3960 Elite Member

dog picture is good man, did you neutral density?

shifted, do you have an actual reason for hating canon?

12. PSYS

PSYS Senior Member

got a question because someone mentioned this... if the D3000 is hated on (inferior quality)... and you're in between the notion of getting a D5000 (damn swivel screen) and a much more expensive D90.

What are you choosing and why...?

13. youthcrewdoof

youthcrewdoof Senior Member

haha well ill takes some sweet shots when i get my new lens and make you like canons haha. ur print is on its way. i shipped it out a couple days ago

14. .A.K.4.7.

.A.K.4.7. Elite Member

15. .A.K.4.7.

.A.K.4.7. Elite Member

Bredrin, D3000 is shit cos it sacrifices megagazels for ISO qual, D5000 has all good ISO qual and D90 has even better, if you got the scrill get the D90.

My leica is like my child. It has taught me so much about photography its not even funny. I will never sell it.

Reason for hating canon: needlessly complicated, Nikon does it smart, A for aperture priority, S for shutter priority. WHAT THE FUCK DOES AV AND TV STAND FOR IN THE CANON SYSTEM. you have to search through endless menus to change even the ISO on a canon, on a nikon there is a dedicated button. When you hold any canon apart from a 1d it feels cheap, any nikon above a D90 feels like a Patton Tank. Real talk.

cock canon canon cock

Last edited: Jan 15, 2010
  16. thesecks

thesecks Senior Member

17. kmcdon3960

kmcdon3960 Elite Member

aimages.anandtech.com_reviews_cameras_2008_canonxsi_iso_button.jpg

My iso button is right next to my shutter button. I don't have to take my eye out of the viewfinder to change it.

Idk about you, but I think the menus are pretty simple.

I'll stop though, there's no point in perpetuating the nikon vs canon battle, nobody is ever going to win. It's like debating honda vs nissan, it doesn't matter because they're both good.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2010
  18. UpstateHate585

With all this talk about ISO, I'm beginning to wonder what my ds0 can handle without looking like shit. I would test it myself, but I don't have a computer at the moment.

I'm trying to figure out how to set my camera up for a show tonight. I'm gonna shoot wide open and probably change the shutter speed a few times. I'm thinkin ISO at 400 possibly. Idk what 800 looks like lol. But I want some pics to not have blur. My flash should help freeze shit right?

19. UpstateHate585

20. ares

ares Elite Member

Canons are slightly more complicated than nikons but I think your taking it a bit far. Every canon Ive used has an iso button either on the back or up top, and as far as the av tv thing goes does it really matter what they stand for? Even if you didn't know whats up some common sense could easily figure it out. And for the record Ive always thought it was aperture and time value which may not be as simple as A or S but it makes sense.