Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Would you still write if it was legal?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Tranc, Apr 13, 2012.

Share This Page

1. AWOL 4D

AWOL 4D Member

Ya I'd still paint. There's a legal wall near me that's great if you want to spend alot of time and just do really quality work, and most dope pieces stay up for a while bc people respect the amount of time spent on them

2. AWOL 4D

AWOL 4D Member

allthough making graffiti legal would ruin the whole point to a certain degree

3. Jake_NN_Bake

Jake_NN_Bake Senior Member

Writing isn't about breaking laws, at least it isn't to me. Its about going out with your crew, having an adventure, finding the perfect spot, and putting your name there to show yourself and others you were there. If it was legal I would still go out and paint.

4. CanadaBomber

CanadaBomber Senior Member

I'd prolly still do it but like not as recklessly i'd actually take the time to do tasteful masterpieces then
    although i admit a lot of the charm comes from the thrill of doing something "illegal"

5. Saul Gud

Saul Gud Senior Member

Rollers all day!!!!

6. skets

skets Senior Member

Mostly it would suck but like after a year of close calls, it seems nice.

7. SNERE

SNERE Member

nope, it would kill the scene, and the streets would be taken over by toy ass motherfuckers trying to be banksy and shit, can you imagine that? walking down the street and knowing that just by ratio of toys to experienced writers alone there would be no way in hell you could combat that shit, FUCK THAT! the illegality helps keep the game progressive cos the majority of toys cant handle the thought of a cop snatchin em up.

8. Lag

Lag Member

i would but its that rush that keeps me goin and if its legal you get more toys

9. defaultlegend

defaultlegend Member

it wont ever be legal but i would defenitely keep writing.

10. "ONE!"

"ONE!" Banned

i would, id be happy as hell for a lil while bc no pig would chase ur ass. but after a while ppl gunna say u started writing wen tht law came out n all these toys not knowin bout the culture would just trash it for all the real writers

11. ollywood

ollywood Banned

it would be so boring and the fun would be taken out then faggots just rite over your good work

12. Stolyn

Stolyn Member

Being older now, with a job and a family to support, I can't write illegally (very much). Its about the art and getting it seen. Whether it is legal or illegal, its still about the art and recognition. The threat of negative consequences for my family is something I can't risk these days. If it were just me, i'd get up every night of the week, but I can't afford to get caught. So, hell yeah. I'd get up every chance I got if it were legal and I'd even pay pretty serious money for a license if that was an option.

13. MaOner

MaOner Member

At this point in the game I couldn't even stop if I wanted too its such an addiction and the other reason is I would write on everything all day prob cost me so much more money though in paint haha plus be a lot less toys out their since their would be no risk and people would have way more time to get up and learn their style.... But in the end yea I would and be a lot easier to see what's going on plus you would finish everything you start!!!!

14. BigO

BigO Member

I think I would. But it probably wouldn't be addictive at all. Which is one of the reasons I do it

15. zachatnca

zachatnca Senior Member

hell no dude, i write because im not one of those normal pussy's who's too scared to do something illegal (just one of the reasons) graffiti is meant to be illegal, fuck any bitch ass ***** that disagree.

16. 0nly10fmikind

0nly10fmikind Senior Member

yea i would, but it would have lost alot of it's power in the street so it wouldnt be as attractive to me. it would probably just become a hobby.

17. PKS

PKS Member

As above, Goober, thats well said sir.

18. ToxicAvenger

ToxicAvenger Member

what a bizarre rhetorical question to ask. no i would not, or maybe yes i would? imagine a world where everyone has a hand style and every surface is caked with paint. i'd probably say no, i would not contribute to that phenomenon. i kind of like how things are.

19. Z3BRA

Z3BRA Elite Member

x

Last edited: Apr 17, 2017
  20. Zurp

Zurp New Member

Also , if you still wanted that rush of it being illegal , dont buy a licence and you can have it back haha.