Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Photography

Discussion in 'Picture gallery' started by Fube, Dec 20, 2007.

Share This Page

1. ||BREAD||

||BREAD|| Elite Member

But I will be. I won't be anything else.

2. One Evil

One Evil Elite Member

a lot of guys in here buy things they probably dont need nor even know anything about the product.. minus a few heads in this thread...and they know who i speak of.

imo i enjoy this thread when yall talk and ask questions and right away theres answers to be given. free advice thats hopefully correct u can never go wrong. :)

going to hopefully have a bunch of flicks for tomorrow going on a 3hr class trip to a place called Balls Falls.. its a conservation area.. lots of stuff to photograph there..

Last edited: Oct 15, 2010
  3. .A.K.4.7.

.A.K.4.7. Elite Member

Someone owning a professional body and not knowing the difference between DX and FX is pretty funny, and you would look like a complete idiot to any client you got. They are paying you not only for your gear, but also your knowhow, which you need to learn before you drop $8K on a body.

4. ||BREAD||

||BREAD|| Elite Member

found a body for 3,500

5. theorist

theorist Senior Member

seriously man, you don't seem ready/don't need a D3 from I'm gathering from you. you are either way ahead of yourself or full of yourself. A better camera does not make you a better photographer.

straightened out picture from last night

afarm5.static.flickr.com_4108_5083195678_18574e3988_z.png

Last edited: Oct 16, 2010
  6. Backalley Abortion Doctor

Backalley Abortion Doctor Elite Member

Now add a grand or two for each lens you're going to want for it. Not to mention, by the time you ARE a professional photographer making a good living, that used D3 will be in serious need of a replacement. And more than likely outdated by a better, cheaper body. (As how Nikon seems to roll.)

7. .A.K.4.7.

.A.K.4.7. Elite Member

Exactly right. And it's more like 3 grand for pro 24-70's and 70-200's.

8. Ben Dover...

Ben Dover... Member

9. Backalley Abortion Doctor

Backalley Abortion Doctor Elite Member

There was something about that in pop photo this month

10. unreal180

unreal180 Elite Member

11. lakim shabazz

lakim shabazz Moderator

when it comes to those types of sites fools need to slow down the transition to the next photo you cant appreciate a photograph if its only shown for like asecond

12. .A.K.4.7.

.A.K.4.7. Elite Member

13. One Evil

One Evil Elite Member

14. PulseWithLife

PulseWithLife Elite Member

15. UpstateHate585

UpstateHate585 Elite Member

Bread- Can you tell me WHY you think you need a d3? For real though, if you don't know what lenses will work on the camera you want, you need to do a bit more reading man. No hate, just trying to save you some money.

I say buy a d7000 and buy only nice fx lenses. That way, you can learn how to shoot (don't say you already know how to cuz everyone can still learn something to make them better) get to know how shit works, invest in some lighting, start getting some paying work. and until you feel limited by the d7000 and you are making enough as a photographer, upgrade. and by only buying fx lenses, you will be able to use the same lenses and not have to get net ones.

16. .A.K.4.7.

.A.K.4.7. Elite Member

I hate when people say they 'feel limited' by their cameras. My leica has shutter speed, aperture and a viewfinder, that's it and it's all I need to take pictures. The ONLY reason a pro buys a pro camera is for it's build quality because his camera is being used extensively on a daily basis so it needs to be durable. Everything else like iso is just luxury and isn't needed to do their work. Working photographers have got on fine for hundreds of years without things like digital iso and megapixels.

So if you 'feel limited' by your camera then stop blaming it and learn more about photography because even a d40 is extrodionarily more advanced than anything photographers have used for generations.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2010
  17. UpstateHate585

UpstateHate585 Elite Member

here's my reasoning for upgrading. I am getting a d700 by xmas i hope. My d40 has the essentials (aperture, shutter speed, iso) but I want the image quality that a full frame has to offer along with nice lenses. the higher iso and mp count that it has are just extras. I look at them as more to play with and figure out how to use them to my advantage. since i am not going to use film seriously, I figure full frame will do me well for a while. I still love my d40 though

18. .A.K.4.7.

.A.K.4.7. Elite Member

How does full frame provide better 'image quality'?

19. miami vice

miami vice Member

yeah you dont need an expensive camera... but if your shooting with a leica? lol, those are probably some of the cleanest/dopest cameras aside from hasselblad.ntm my buddy went to a hasselblad show earlier this week and shot with a $35'000 cam... ready for this? 60 megapixels!! lmao.... butttt yes full frame craps on lower models, you'd really just have to have one and learn to use it after having the lower models border line to full frame to really appreciate it, its totally necessary for alot of things such as weddings or other fast moving sports just as a couple of examples. butttt just the camera aint gonna do it for you... its all about the lenses, better lenses equal better pictures.. no doubt about that. butttt having an awesome camera cant teach you to be awesome and neither can art school lol

20. lakim shabazz

lakim shabazz Moderator

you can learn everything a art school can teach you by just taking photography more serious schooling is strictly fro credentials tons of shiity photogs go to school and come out and yes they are stillll shit.