Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Photography

Discussion in 'Picture gallery' started by Fube, Dec 20, 2007.

Share This Page

1. kmcdon3960

kmcdon3960 Elite Member

2. thesecks

thesecks Senior Member

AK, blog me up brother, shoot me a cheeky PM

I wanna start one but I don't reckon enough people will read it

3. IlikePie

IlikePie Elite Member

Thanks y'all. I'm trying to get the girls to do a Halloween Party themed shoot. It's for a calendar, and our October girl got fired. But time will tell.... I work with all of those girls every day :D

4. Backalley Abortion Doctor

Backalley Abortion Doctor Elite Member

I don't start anything half-assedly. I learn about everything I intend to get into for months before I ever start. And I start doing it properly, with good equipment, lots of knowledge, and get good at it, quick, because of it. It's like people telling people to use shit paint when you start writing, as opposed to buying good paint. Buying hard-to-control, hard pressured, thin, runny paint isn't going to do anything to help anyone learn, and certainly not going to make their work look any better. The best way to learn to paint with aerosol is by using paint MADE for creating art, and I've always maintained that.

I don't have anyone buying SHIT for me. If I CHOOSE to spend money I MAKE on a quality camera, why the shit should you care? If I grow tired of photography (And, considering I've never grown out of any hobby I've ever pursued, this is unlikely) I'll still have a fucking nice camera for just taking pictures of shit. It's not like a skateboard, where if you decide you don't like skating, it becomes useless to you. You can ALWAYS use a camera, and as much as I travel, I'll ALWAYS have things to take pictures of. I see no reason you can't buy a good camera straight away if you can afford to spend money on it.

I'll keep that in mind. I was playing with a 1.8 with a polerizer yesterday and the shots looked incredible on full auto (I didn't have much time to fuck with it)

5. thesecks

thesecks Senior Member

mate, my advice wasn't malicious or directed at anyone in particular, I don't even read the user names that post shit unless I see something I like and wanna say something to them.

And the thing about getting a really good camera straight off, no it doesn't bother me, I'm just thinking of you, if you don't need it, the money would probably be better use towards something else thats all.

My advice is just generic advice to everyone, just things I've learnt. No beef

6. SAID

SAID Moderator

!

7. ekipse1

ekipse1 Senior Member

Meh, sports.

Backalley Abortion Donor, check www.kenrockwell.com and read the site through and through and you will become an expert on most things photography.

8. dinedgc

dinedgc Elite Member

hundred bucks says half the shots in that contest will be of skaters, and half of those
    shots will be fisheye, whatever, should be a good battle none the less

clouds were looking good this afternoon so i figured i'd try and get a few good shots out of it

View attachment 529095

View attachment 529096

9. Backalley Abortion Doctor

That

Was extremely helpful, thank you. Recommend a portrait lens for me for the xsi?

10. SAID

SAID Moderator

11. ekipse1

ekipse1 Senior Member

12. ShIfTeD

ShIfTeD Elite Member

fuck sports...i try to stay as far away from sports as possible, ill try to work around the subject

13. ekipse1

ekipse1 Senior Member

Yeah, I'm just gonna enter with whatever the fuck.

14. militia

militia Senior Member

wheres this contest?

15. ekipse1

ekipse1 Senior Member

16. -Empty-Can-

-Empty-Can- Elite Member

I'm just wondering why are these camera so expensive? Like what makes them special? Thats a film camera too right?

17. Jenkins.

Jenkins. Elite Member

haha i love you Raw

18. SAID

SAID Moderator

ak is ekipse..

19. Backalley Abortion Doctor

20. dinedgc

dinedgc Elite Member