Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

cities battle tickz vs. m+s

Discussion in 'Old battles' started by m+s, Apr 25, 2010.

Share This Page

?

you now please to vote on best paper draw challenge

Poll closed May 15, 2010.
  1. tickz

95.1%
  2. m+s

4.9%
  1. tickz

tickz Senior Member

ai22.photobucket.com_albums_b320_tickz2_IMG_0676.jpg

taa daa! ere I am!

heres the bare bones before all the colour and bollox.

Like I said in our pm's, I respect all graff, it is all objective, there is no correct answer!

I had nothing to gauge your level, I asked if you would like to battle, you said yes, I respect that, and I posted a battle piece, fair shout to you for polling it.

If you want me to crit your letters, i will. But that should be saved for the blackbookies thread and not battles.

2. Zookyook

Zookyook Elite Member

i happen to think that T is dope, the ES is stretched out more than the rest but i like it... the battle had no comparison, it was clearly won by tickz... the C was confusing but it works...
    but i didnt know this was a 'simp' battle, maybe if it was m+s would have won because the letters are simpler, but come on man dont try saying his shit has no structure because he went all out... u lost fair and square

3. tickz

tickz Senior Member

just so we are all clear about over extensions and doo daas that reverse pull back from right bar of the "e" is the"i" but it is inverted,it covers the secondary bar of the "t" the other bar has the main "i" over it the c runs under.
    "cities" is a hard word. it doesnt look correct in normal font,let alone in graff. "i"s are always hard because of zero impact,they have to be part of a bigger picture, and 2 in one word makes it hard to get cohesion and flow.

4. Steal

Steal Member

Tickz... this wasn't fair.

5. <[(Smokers187¤GS¤WM)]>

<[(Smokers187¤GS¤WM)]> Senior Member

Nah not at all man I've seen m+s stuff he's cleaner and like cities is a hard word kuz of the I's imo. And its kinda hard to work with letters your not used to but I say m+s held his own pretty well

6. m+s

m+s Senior Member

well good looks smoker

na ticks, i think you should crit me here, its the appropriate location for sure.

i agree with you, this is all subjective, but i still think your sacrificing actual letters for wonked out spagghetti strings and random big flared out rhombusus, that shit is mad played apon. the 37 little check mark thingys are a cheap way of covering up lack of real structure. do me a favor and do a sketch with no floating quotation mark crap, i will be happy. as a composition its fuckin beutifull, as letters its hurting pretty bad.

so drop knowledge then

7. tickz

tickz Senior Member

i agree with you, this is all subjective, but i still think your sacrificing actual letters for wonked out spagghetti strings and random big flared out rhombusus, that shit is mad played apon. the 37 little check mark thingys are a cheap way of covering up lack of real structure. do me a favor and do a sketch with no floating quotation mark crap, i will be happy. as a composition its fuckin beutifull, as letters its hurting pretty bad.

so drop knowledge then[/quote]

Oh no... Ive been rumbled!

ai22.photobucket.com_albums_b320_tickz2_P1040141.jpg

^^^Biro before breakfast !

another "cities" for you,very fast,very raw, mistakes and all !
    And no check mark thingys

edit: Oh and heres a coloured one...
    ai22.photobucket.com_albums_b320_tickz2_P1040149.jpg

Phat2- you asked what media I was using, its the usual- promarkers and paint marker to highlight. montana 94 for the sky. What I find makes a massive difference is using paper made for markers, the non bleed stuff- I use copic marker pad,about £5 (7 dollars) a pad, the pens dont bleed,you can add layer after layer,highly recommended,you can use 1 colour to shade by just adding layers- the bode lizard is one pen colour. And it dosent run your pens out so quick- all good!

Last edited: May 4, 2010
  8. m+s

m+s Senior Member

hell yea, thats so much better imo. those arrows kinda ruin it for me but i like this style alot better, you got there real flow and real letters.

if i have to choose between shit being gritty or pretty i always choose gritty, this is a grafitti website for christ sake. yo how about this. we pick a new word and a new battle but this time in paint on a wall. you down?

oh and i wanna hear your oppinion of my shit, dont be shy

9. sodi

sodi Senior Member

ticks killed it!

10. Phat 2

Phat 2 Elite Member

shit tickz hehe yeah now I see why it looks so clean, material counts for real man :D
    damn, my sketches look bad coz I just use stabilo markers and just regular drawing paper... sometimes it bleeds etc, but it's all good, to me I just see em as sketches and not the ACTUAL pieces. coz that's where the magic happens right

and m+s man, sure no prob, we'll battle like next week or so, right now I have no time at all. swamped with work and all, I'll drop u a pm, no worries mate.
    I've been wanting to try a battle for a while now. for the fun of it

Last edited: May 2, 2010
  11. m+s

m+s Senior Member

well alright. lets make it a lined paper battle or a paint battle

12. Phat 2

Phat 2 Elite Member

next week, and I'd rather do a sketch battle like this one u just had with tickz, don't wanna waste my paint for just an internet battle

13. pleasedontstayr

pleasedontstayr Senior Member

ticks killed it but i gotta give it to both of you for holding the e beef down to solid and valuable topics. none of this ' omg u suck 4 realz ' some good shit right here.

14. m+s

m+s Senior Member

right? i will strike down with great vengeance anyone who tresspasses on the constructivity of my battles.

alh6.ggpht.com_haymansbeard_RrFjIKI8alI_AAAAAAAAAIA_qdLAFy711uo_Jules_Winffield_Large.JPG

im down to battle whenever, just send me the entry when its done and ill do one up real quick and get it posted. get at me

15. Thrice

Thrice Elite Member

MS, need to lose the little loop things. Or at least try something new.

16. Phat 2

Phat 2 Elite Member

alright, m+s let's battle :) choose the style, word and due date

17. m+s

m+s Senior Member

word is zevix

pm your entry when your done. any one can get down on this.

PAY ATTENTION: ENTRIES MUST BE ON LINED PAPER AND IN BLACK AND WHITE,

because im lazy.

anyone can join up, just pm me your entry. no deadline, when i get a 2nd entry ill poll it

18. Phat 2

Phat 2 Elite Member

what's lined paper and what do you mean black and white? just the line drawings and no fills ?

19. Artz1

Artz1 New Member

m+s, i'll join up on this, i'm looking for a battle

20. m+s

m+s Senior Member

i mean no colors on a lined piece of paper. and yes artz send me an entry when your ready