Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

The Ink Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Tools and tips' started by Enmity, Feb 3, 2008.

Share This Page

1. H3TT1NG3R

H3TT1NG3R Elite Member

either crush up that soft charcoal shit you draw with, or find soem powdered charcoal pigment in an art store.

2. Black Flag

Black Flag Elite Member

I realize this is an ink thread, but since I want to use it for a mop I figure it would be ok. I was wondering if anybody had a decent recipe for paint to use in markers? Preferably acrylic. Maybe something with the consistency of say a deco or anything else that doesn't look retarded.

3. zenne

zenne Elite Member

acrylic is water soluble, bro. outside it would be shit.

4. Black Flag

Black Flag Elite Member

Are deco's and elmers both oil based paints? Cause I have tags (that I have done with them) that have been running since the fall through snowy winter and now its the start of a hot summer.

5. HëRbN

HëRbN Elite Member

deco's are xylene based

6. TrandomnesstwO

TrandomnesstwO Senior Member

Does anyone have an answer to my earliest question-has anyone here made a respectable staining ink modified from India Ink? The one I have is 'HUNTSPEEDBALL SUPER BLACK INDIA INK FREE FLOWING NON CLOGGING WATERPROOF Contains 100% Carbon Black Pigment-No Dyes.Enexelled Lightfastness(Permanence)'
    Its all good but on moderately glossy surfaces its streaky and shows greyish,and hardly stains so when it dries it scratches off with your fingernail.
    NO FUCK my father just told me he threw away a whole fucking bucket of white Tremclad paint that I had in my room. I had 5 Kiwi Mop refills in there.

7. skull-e

skull-e Elite Member

8. ReKoNe~!

ReKoNe~! Banned

that shit sucks just add it to pen ink after boiling it down

9. paecher

paecher Senior Member

look i made ink and threw that in my ink to make it darker hit me up on private message i'll tell ya how to make some sick hardcore non-buffable ink im actually getting ready to mark it real soon.

10. eez

eez Senior Member

so I asked them finally, and they gave me about 6 boxes filled with arcylic and oil offset inks, and tough tex and told me if I haul it away i can have the offset press too. So here's to finally printing my own Vinyl stickers using that tough tex ink, plus seeing whats possible with these offset inks. Bonus free usage of the UV laminator too!

11. ReKoNe~!

ReKoNe~! Banned

i thinned down calking tar with acetone and it worked perfect

12. PegCityBoy

PegCityBoy Senior Member

i found some random chemical at my work an it said it contains xylene, jus wonderin if i could throw that into some ink or somethin it's called "super corona dope" ... i shit you not

13. zenne

zenne Elite Member

dude, if you wanna make custom colored shit for mops, etc. junobo is your best friend. go get bucket paint (flat white), and go to mikes and rack any color(s) oil paint, and drop that shit in, add thinner, and you can make any color you want.

14. eez

eez Senior Member

So I mixed up some of this ink. To make pantone 261, and it's exactly the color and consistency of ball point pen ink. I'll take a photo, so you can basically make huge batches of ink without all of the waiting to extract the ink. Amazing!

15. zenne

zenne Elite Member

cool story, bro.

16. PegCityBoy

PegCityBoy Senior Member

k so i'm making some ghetto D.E.D.

1 bottle Fiebings Purple
    1 bottle of Purple PVC Primer
    Gentian Violet
    3 Fish Oil tablets
    And some Solvent Violet 8

i've got the pvc primer an fiebings, how important is the gentian, fishoil and solvent violett 8, will it be alright with out it? also what is solvent violet 8, and where can you get it

17. sk8er6

sk8er6 Senior Member

wisest words ever spoken in this thread...
    -sk8er6

18. Black Flag

Black Flag Elite Member

Thing is, I don't rack *gasp* and oil based paint is expensive

I guess I will just try messing around with some ink recipes, just annoying carrying/making/using shit that stains so hard.

19. H3TT1NG3R

H3TT1NG3R Elite Member

acrylic is not water soluble when dry... its actually harder to buff than oil based when applied right.

20. H3TT1NG3R

H3TT1NG3R Elite Member

caulking tar? the stuff to seal up windows? or if your tlakign about the stuff you fill in cracks in the road with, yea thats diff than asphalt, but try both, if one doesnt work use the other