Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

I Need A Label For My Products.

Discussion in 'Old battles' started by illadelph, May 19, 2008.

Share This Page

1. Pesky_Human

Pesky_Human Senior Member

I have a heavy background in intellectual property, mostly in the area of copyright, but trust me when I say I know enough about trademark to be dangerous.

PLEASE, please, please. Do not jack the St. Ides crooked I. If you have a shitload of these things printed, somebody at the beer company WILL come across your logo. Somehow. Some way. You don't think that there is any crossover between graffiti / hip-hop culture and malt liquor? What's going to happen is that some marketing guy's kid turns out to be a writer. He's going to bring one of your mops home and then you're fucked. Cease and desist letters will come in, and you will get sued by the St. Ides for diluting their trademark. It just is not worth it. Furthermore, you have admitted on an archived message board that this is exactly where you got the idea. There are enough fresh ideas out there, judging from the killer entries of the heads on this board, that you don't and shouldn't risk it. Don't fuck your business up from the very beginning by copying a well known, national trademark. The beer guys have a TON of cash, and they will crush you without even thinking about it.

So I beg you, please don't jack the St. Ides trademark, because you not only don't need to, you should be spending your time turning a profit rather than fighting a lawsuit that will end in summary judgment if it ever gets in front of a judge.

My $0.02.

2. ESKiMO2

ESKiMO2 Elite Member

3. rakecity

rakecity Member

so any changes to the contest?

4. Enygm

Enygm Senior Member

5. ~Star~

~Star~ Senior Member

theses are some dope logos, i would make one to if i had any clue where to get this software programs you guys are using

6. bountyhunter113

bountyhunter113 Elite Member

well if you wanna get technical, the bends in illadel's "I" has 5, while the bends in that malt liquor logo has 7.........the malt liquor logo is also skinnier and a different color

and it is a very common geometricly shaped figure that you can see anywhewre........I honestly don't think he'd have a problem with this, but i guess if he wants to make sure he could e-mail the company owner or sumtin

7. atlok7

atlok7 Elite Member

8. SAID

SAID Moderator

well dude, you can just use the star for your logo if the swiggly becomes a problem.
    star on the i of ILLADEL and PHILLY.

9. TheMuffinMan

TheMuffinMan Senior Member

heres my entry, i made a label for each of your colors, the gray is supposed to be chrome but there isnt exactly chrome on the computer lol (they all print to 2X4 i just made em 300 dpi so they print nice and clean) and i spoke to no worries about his handstyle that i used for the lettering

BLACK
    ai45.photobucket.com_albums_f62_nicklue_black.jpg

VIOLET
    ai45.photobucket.com_albums_f62_nicklue_violet.jpg

CHROME
    ai45.photobucket.com_albums_f62_nicklue_chrome.jpg

10. illadelph

illadelph Elite Member

YO SON...........I'M REEEAALLLLYY DIGGIN THESE BOY-BOYS SON!!WORD....PLAIN & SIMPLE,YET VANDALOUS LIKE A MUUUHFUCKER.....AND IT DON'T LOOK LIKE THE "OTHER" I. BUT TO THE HOMIE THAT PUT IN HIS 0.02,MUCH APPRECIATED!!!I THOUGHT ABOUT IT FOR A LITTLE,BUT FIGURED THAT IF IT WAS A LITTLE DIFFERENT,WITH SOME DRIPS & SHIT AND A COUPLE OTHER CHANGES THEY WOULDN'T BE ABLE TO DO SHIT.BUT.....I DON'T HAVE THE KIND OF MONEY TO MAKE THEM REALIZE THAT,SOOOOO......FUCK THE CROOKED I....I'M SEEIN SOME FIRE ON THIS THREAD FOR REAL THOUGH.....THANX AGAIN BRO.RESPECT!....BACK TO THIS 3 LABEL JOINT....THEM JOINTS IS FEROCIOUS.....

11. illadelph

illadelph Elite Member

Damn.....the More I Think About It The More Confused I Get....the Whole Damn Thing Was For The Label To Be Designed Around That Friggin 'i'......now What The Fuck Do I Do...................................................................................................??
    Aight......rules Changed.....not Really Though.......same Shit.............black & White,simple,"illadel",........less Is More........sorry Guys....!if I Did Drugs That Definitely Woulda Blew My High.....anyway........................................

12. BLTZ

BLTZ Senior Member

muffin mans looks like a label, just add some statement at the bottem.
    for ex. Keep it illy from philly

13. TheMuffinMan

yeah something llike philly born at the bottom

14. TheMuffinMan

here is the original if you cant add color. I personally think the white on black looks better than the black on white. Ill talk to noworries and see if i can get a philly born on the bottom in the same lettering. ill check back in after school
    ai45.photobucket.com_albums_f62_nicklue_master_logo.jpg

15. atlok7

atlok7 Elite Member

dude fit the L in the frame

16. CUBANO

CUBANO Senior Member

I like atloks the best.....
    Just hit it with the right colors and it would be so fresh...

17. The_NaMEz_BaNKz

The_NaMEz_BaNKz Elite Member

yea..liek for his purp ink..mak the philly born purple....and like 2 of the bubbles purple..

18. ViaHipHop

ViaHipHop Senior Member

this would work nice
    what you could do so you could keep the color is to make the spots where the color is clear or just have it not there....so then youd see the color through to bottle or what ever youre putting the ink in.

19. Ayo

Ayo Senior Member

This is where it at. Just make the drips look more like drips. Round off the bottom of them.. Other wise i think this looks like the most professional design. But still with the vandal look.

20. lunchboxxx905

lunchboxxx905 Member