Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Walls

Discussion in 'Toys forum' started by KAMO, Jun 21, 2005.

Share This Page

1. tophaa

tophaa Banned

I agree with you Mido, That's basically what I was saying man. When i first starting posting on here a few months back, people told me to stop painting. I completely disregarded what they said, but I did take their crits and sketched everyday, and I have progressed drastically. I think it is kind of ridiculous that some people can draw an insanely complex wildstyle piece, but they have never painted. Props for those people knowing complexities, but drawing establishes a necessary foundation in which you should paint upon. I feel like you should draw and paint together, not just one or the other. Mido, I know that you can't say that you have never seen a perhaps more talented writer telling new writers to "quit" or to "not use paint." Dank, my first throwies looked about like that a few months back, realize that in 2-3 months, you will be laughing at your first pieces. When you notice the advancement, it is very rewarding and motivating.

2. smokeitup

smokeitup Elite Member

exports are shit, their no good. only the blacks and chromes because u can adjust the nozzle.

3. smokeitup

smokeitup Elite Member

4. smokeitup

smokeitup Elite Member

5. BennyBoii

BennyBoii Senior Member

did you start to run out of colours on your throw

6. Phillip McDougall

Phillip McDougall Elite Member

No he just sucks dick at painting

7. illegal_drugs

illegal_drugs Senior Member

8. AGEKTOHIO

AGEKTOHIO Member

RASN- have your letters all same size, have that "a" not hide behind the "r" clean up a little and your ready for smashin. dope word too

9. illegal_drugs

illegal_drugs Senior Member

should look into not putting a behind r thing
    thanks

10. Phat 2

Phat 2 Elite Member

[Broken External Image]:https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.ne...7411_202093693143954_1415754_1235842479_n.jpg

tribute to my friend's father, who recently passed away.
    messed the "Saade" pretty bad.
    was copying the old english font, so the whole thing was really hard to pull off, it's the first time I try such a style and I had to build the whole thing from scratch sketching (with all the lines and shit to see where every bar goes)
    turned out MUCH wonkier and uneven than I thought. I know all about the difference in sizes and placement and everything, so I'm not really looking for the deepest crits.
    just sharing some painted things

11. Skadeem

Skadeem Senior Member

There are some mistakes but I do dig it. As I scrolled I saw the words chrome and rusto. Which reminded to let anyone who didn't realize know that rusto and krylon chromes can be a bitch to fill with, for when you outline paint seems to react with it badly, my personal experience as I use A LOT of chrome(one of the few good krylon cans that you can still stick a pink dot on)

this.....is just........ugh. those god damn bars. but I learned a lot for something I did in a half hour with stock tips on shitty flourescent krylon. if anyone has something constructive to say go for it(black thing was retardation, never doing those colors again, fills aren't normally like that)
    0128121727.jpg

12. smokeitup

smokeitup Elite Member

pfffffffffft

yeah all the tins i used were like nearly empty

13. XyleneRenegade

XyleneRenegade Member

Criticism encouraged and (if applicable,) props humbly appreciated.

ACERBLOCKBUST.jpg 2012throw1.jpg 2012throw2.jpg 2012#.5.jpg acer_roof (1024x668).jpg acer_billboardSUN.jpg #3.JPG ACER_Vines.jpg ACER_AR (640x480).jpg ACER_dripsShitePaint_DripsOnPurpose.jpg ACER_wakka wakka.jpg ACER_rna_pmc.jpg ACER_RNA_under.jpg ACER_philliesP.jpg DSC00650.jpg

14. malto

malto Senior Member

i probably shouldve chosen my words better, only exports i ever use is chrome and black.
    gunna have a little fun tonight
    [Broken External Image]:http://i803.photobucket.com/albums/yy314/lachyw/009.jpg

15. smokeitup

smokeitup Elite Member

how much u pay for them malto? or did u rack em

16. malto

malto Senior Member

like $3 a can, sometimes they do 4 for $10.
    i rarely rack paint anymore ever since i got a good paying job.

17. Norfsuthr

Norfsuthr Elite Member

@acer
    Your letters are on the right track in the 4th pic, build off that and scrap all the rest. And chill with the multi color scribble decoration shit until youre much better cause right now it just detracts from your letters. Its unique, ill give you that, but hold off on it until you know what youre doing. And acer is a hella generic name, get creative mr artsy fartsy. I'm looking forward to seeing you up once you improve, you have potential and most dudes around here quit in 1-2 years or move somewhere with a better scene you know..

18. BennyBoii

BennyBoii Senior Member

fuck me... exports are good but that shit can vary between different cans, like one time a whole can lasted me a night, and one can i got 4 tags and when i went to do a hollow that shit was empty

19. XyleneRenegade

XyleneRenegade Member

good lookin out

Thank you for the words of encouragement. That str8letter is what I have been concentrating on lately and is the latest piece in the post. I have a bad habit of not stepping away from the wall when I should consider myself done and end up with all that unnecessary decoration crap and you definitely are right, it does detract from my letters. DSC00312.jpg
    Im also feeling you about the name being generic, plus, there are (at least) 3 other Acers out there but I just love the letter combo! maybe Tracer or Pacer or something...

20. Phat 2

Phat 2 Elite Member