Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Blackbooks

Discussion in 'Toys forum' started by Kayone707, Jun 15, 2005.

Share This Page

1. vems

vems Senior Member

nice straight letters bro

2. Kasc-One

Kasc-One Member

im 14 2 and ive switched my tag, so many times its funny, i finally settled on kasc tho

3. smack1one

smack1one Member

finding the right name is hard i liked my name "spek" but it was taken by a known writer

4. sema

sema Senior Member

smek is a dude house arrest on here he has shit in the southers fl thread so i dunno like u said ur only 14 dont worry about havin a steady name till u develop more

5. vems

vems Senior Member

download.jpg
    quick "de"/deso throwie & handys, any crits??

6. LiveFreeDieFree

LiveFreeDieFree Member

tumblr_lrafm30sai1qj6z3do1_500.jpg

Sketch I did during class today. Crits?

7. vems

vems Senior Member

not bad, the h is not in proportion wit the rest at all

8. Mischuf

Mischuf Member

5.jpg

The b scared the hell out of me when it suddenly appeared... I'd do it different next time. more like 2 little blocks sitting on each other... think i'm getting the hang of the vanishing point on the fly.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2011
  9. aaesoo

aaesoo Senior Member

@seyr. is that in ur black book? lol for a second i thought it was on a wall.and like the other dude said the s is out of place. bring that top portion of it over to the right some more and it should look better.
    @emace some of the letters look a little off (extension on the T in stakes) but over all i like it . but im biased i love de la soul
    @deso do simpler letters for your throw and get rid of the negativ space in the e
    @haste the letters are disproportional , the H is too tall the t's bars aren't even i'd just suggest stick to keyboard letters and ditch extensions and shit and stop trying to bend your bars
    @mischuf. theres too many letters in that for me to comment on all of them, but those s's make me wanna hurl.

was fucking ripped in class the other day and did. this
    ai51.tinypic.com_1z4l6ja.jpg

10. LIZARD

LIZARD Senior Member

damn it ur the 2nd person to say seyr, i was goin for sevr but bubble v's are a bitch...its on the work bench at my shop so i just layer down some tape and cut around the throw lol

11. aaesoo

aaesoo Senior Member

maybe round it off at the bottom so it doesn't look like another bar. thats why i thought it was a y.

and i dont know why your doing your shit that way, but i'd suggest just go cop a blackbook from michaels/walmart and use that. or atleast looseleaf or osmething.

12. LIZARD

LIZARD Senior Member

i have a book i was just at work and it was wicked slow so i had to compromise to make the time go by hahaha

13. emace1

emace1 Member

afarm7.static.flickr.com_6168_6134320590_caa42986ed.jpg
    IMG_0039 by sirduke!, on Flickr

the extensions look dumb and the O is small,,,any other crits??

14. vems

vems Senior Member

i would raise the bottom half of your g, and maybe differ your E's more from eachother

15. pez 1794

pez 1794 Member

aaesoo - Looks fine to me
    emace1 - Everything else is straight except the M, it looks off
    Picture 007.jpg
    Picture 008.jpg
    Picture 009.jpg
    Got bored at work and tried to mess with letter structure somewhat. First ones really bad but I figured I throw it in too.
    Crits?

16. .Cuore

.Cuore Senior Member

it's not that the first one is bad, its that all of them are; work on your bar width before you try to get adventurous. you want to get used to doing simples with consistent bars so you can get a mastery of letters and you dont waste your time doing some wack shit that doesn't work.

17. TastyMcNasty

TastyMcNasty Elite Member

can i get some damn crits?
    IMG_2394.jpg
    IMG_2396.jpg
    IMG_2397.jpg
    IMG_2399.jpg
    IMG_2400.jpg

18. ribcage

ribcage Banned

take your own advice, Idk how you can get on him telling him his shit is "bad" when your shit is just as bad...

@pez your shit is bad
    @tasty your letters always look the sames... That last one is kinda cool, not too on point, that A has got potential tho

talk... yeah that bar on the H is fucked up,yeah some 3d is off, whatev
    View attachment 613273
    View attachment 613274

Last edited: Sep 11, 2011
  19. TastyMcNasty

TastyMcNasty Elite Member

^sick bro! i like where that style is going!
    and what do you think about your exchange? thats my favourite out of that post, in all honesty

20. ribcage

ribcage Banned

I like the A, I like the B on the bombing science hand. Theres a ton of negative space. I suggest doubling the bar width on all your letters, it will make your letters look chunkier, and reduce negative space. You'll find it harder to do those extensions you always do, but it may make you think of new ones