Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Canvas/Digital

Discussion in 'Picture gallery' started by Kayone707, Sep 17, 2004.

Share This Page

1. RottingPumpkins

RottingPumpkins Member

2. lkjhgfdsa

lkjhgfdsa Senior Member

3. lkjhgfdsa

lkjhgfdsa Senior Member

4. lkjhgfdsa

lkjhgfdsa Senior Member

ill make one a day till someone gives me some fuckin advice

5. H3TT1NG3R

H3TT1NG3R Elite Member

you gotta make ur backgroudns as simple as the characters, solid colors and bold clean lines look good

6. lkjhgfdsa

lkjhgfdsa Senior Member

the big canvas was something i tested mops and shit like that on so i just pained some housepaint right over that shit thats why the background got other shit goin on, not really conceptualized, thats the explanation,
    thats prolly good advice tho, thanks.

7. Ani-33

Ani-33 Moderator

i don't know, kind of like that background. Makes me think of a dirty door in a allie or something. For me wheather the background is simple or complex the thing that matters more is do they actually work together. Also how does the elements balance each other. For me I kind of don't like characters or main items in a painting to be centered. Put em alittle off to the side... helps to keep the eye moving around the painting.

8. lkjhgfdsa

lkjhgfdsa Senior Member

higlights and low lights in the 3d
    +$.02

Last edited: Dec 31, 2010
  9. memphisbleak2133

memphisbleak2133 Senior Member

this is dope as fuck

10. Ani-33

Ani-33 Moderator

11. Enmity

Enmity Elite Member

View attachment 15776
    bic pen..by.. Neon7

just framed this up ..not really a canvas but the detail is retarded.

12. Ani-33

Ani-33 Moderator

13. Noamos

Noamos Member

Last edited: Jan 14, 2011
  14. Shit tha bed...

Shit tha bed... Senior Member

15. SecretLanguageOfBirds

SecretLanguageOfBirds Moderator

Thick n sloppy acrylic background, fund to paint.
    afarm6.static.flickr.com_5209_5380244443_0f92588ac1_z.png
    afarm6.static.flickr.com_5247_5380888310_730a8ebe04_z.png

16. triple6inthemix

triple6inthemix Senior Member

to anyone piecing on canvas, how are you getting such clean results? like after doing whatever kind of background color on the canvas, what are you using to piece or draw with?

all ive used is deco's and other paint markers but i dont think ive gotten such clean looking results, but i want to. help

17. memphisbleak2133

memphisbleak2133 Senior Member

18. SecretLanguageOfBirds

I use black acrylic ink and "PAINTERS" paint pens. Shake them really good before you pump them the first time, or you will ruin your marker, also shake it really good before using and pumping it anytime. That way u dont mess up your ink/fluid ratio, if you pump your marker and only clear stuff comes out, you just fucked ur marker up.

when acquiring your acrylic inks (to refill your markers and make your own colors) make sure you snag ones labeled O not T, as you need opaque, transparent shit is a waste of your time if you want thick coverage, quality of pigment depends on brand. If you can find Liquitex get that shit, their acrylic inks are amazing.

Buy one of these and use it filled with just black acrylic ink, really nice clean lines/ink flow. Black over color is your best bet for clean lines, color/white over black, use Workable fixative, its a clear coat, and wont cause your white to blend when u go over black or other colors.

Thats all I'm willing to share for now.
    [​IMG]

19. SecretLanguageOfBirds

I use black acrylic ink and "PAINTERS" paint pens. Shake them really good before you pump them the first time, or you will ruin your marker, also shake it really good before using and pumping it anytime. That way u dont mess up your ink/fluid ratio, if you pump your marker and only clear stuff comes out, you just fucked ur marker up.

when acquiring your acrylic inks (to refill your markers and make your own colors) make sure you snag ones labeled O not T, as you need opaque, transparent shit is a waste of your time if you want thick coverage, quality of pigment depends on brand. If you can find Liquitex get that shit, their acrylic inks are amazing.

http://www.bombingscience.com/catalog.htm?item=5634&ret=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.bombingscience.com%2Fcatalog.htm%3Fpage%3D1
    Buy one of these and use it filled with just black acrylic ink, really nice clean lines/ink flow. Black over color is your best bet for clean lines, color/white over black, use Workable fixative, its a clear coat, and wont cause your white to blend when u go over black or other colors.

Thats all I'm willing to share for now.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2011
  20. RemmyRems

RemmyRems Member

Last edited: Jan 28, 2011