Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

The Ink Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Tools and tips' started by Enmity, Feb 3, 2008.

Share This Page

1. DRIPS!

DRIPS! Senior Member

i havent but i think thats gonna be my next investment

and for the pen ink shit goin down i used roughly250 pens andf only put it in half of a 600 ml pop bottle and its quite opaque
    this is blue
    [Broken External Image]:http://img518.imageshack.us/img518/5807/hpim4252gr8.jpg

Last edited: Feb 11, 2008
  2. MontanaPainter

MontanaPainter Elite Member

nice....work on your handie though

rogue can you post a recipie for blk or blue oil based ink??!?!?!?!

3. ish_805

ish_805 Member

do they have fish oil tablets at walmart? what aisle..(near where)

4. rave905

rave905 Senior Member

i just use paint ballz they r made of fishoil and food coloring
    and its not like u add tonz of it so w/e what is half a drop of food coloring gonna do lol

5. Rogue

Rogue Guest

Oil based? Thats ghetto krink, unless you mean from scratch....

Vitamin section.

6. sir.one

sir.one Moderator

with a OE bingo mop. mmmhmmm..sex.

7. rave905

rave905 Senior Member

yo sir ur a mod in pic gallery arnt u can u plz go n fix the 905 thread mad wack ish/beef on there

8. MontanaPainter

@rogue

i mean like starting from scratch with linseed oil and shit.

thanks

9. Rogue

Rogue Guest

Well that won't make ink, that will make paint.

You can use linseed oil and colored pigments to make your own paint. Mix the pigments to make your own custom colors etc.

It's a lot more complicated then just mixing linseed/pigment though.

If your serious about making your own, and are willing to order the pigments, let me know and I'll help you more. Otherwise it's a waste of time.

10. MontanaPainter

yes but outta curiousity how much are pigmentos

rogue pm me your sn for aim

11. Rogue

Rogue Guest

Alright here's one of my many paint recipes.

Ingriedients

Mineral Spirits
    BOILED Linseed Oil
    Pigment

Basically, add 1 quart or mineral spirits, and 7 ounces of boiled linseed oil. You need boiled linseed oil because it a special mix which includes japan drier, regular linseed oil will NEVER dry, it will make you have a shitty mix.

You can then get some Japan Colors to use as your pigment. Japan colors are basically oil based tube paint, but the difference is that it has driers added to it, which will give you a better mix, unlike regular artist tube paint which takes 75633 years to dry. You could use raw powdered pigment instead if you want, but Japan colors are easier to get.

You should only use 4 ounces of japan color in your mix. Your mix will become too thick if you add any more.

Then your pretty much done, japan colors come in a bunch of colors and you can use them to make your own custom ones.

If you find that the mix is too thick, you can add some more mineral spirits until you get the right consistency. You can also add some japan drier if needed, but only add 1/2 of an ounce.

You should be good then

12. ish_805

ish_805 Member

are they supposed to be green(it says omega-3)

13. illadelph

illadelph Elite Member

fuckin noodles

i (almost) never seen so much dick-ridin like this before in my life!!! people -first -need to try and figure shit out themselves - second - learn how to fuckin spell ,cause half their words are all mangled and misspelled and they sound like a fucking mongoloid when they type shit ,and third - get of the mans dick!!! nobody likes to have they're dick rode by another dude the way i see this shit going on in here ,and motherfuckers act like they knew EVERYTHING about graffiti when they were toys! i'm sure 99% of the people in here had to ask someone something at one time or another. dudes just like to be all tough cause they ain't face to face with ya.....bitch ass fuckin noodles!!!!! eat my dick up till u hiccup ,fuckin nerds!!!!!

14. Just Another

Just Another Senior Member

You just bitched about people riding dicks, and then asked for yours to be ridden...

15. Buhda420

Buhda420 Senior Member

bhahaha i am out there putting up out and in

40 is like the average heat in summer though
    at least in new south wales dunno about melboune
    you melbournians got it sweet there

16. Buhda420

Buhda420 Senior Member

i am aware to people new to the art methelne blue would seem like a golden idea to put in paint but i still find it funny
    but i was once a very ilinformed lad
    haha

BUT! i have a qeustion what could i add to pen ink to make it more uv resitant

and sorry for double posting

Last edited: Feb 12, 2008
  17. harry

harry Senior Member

i dunno pen ink fades like a bitch mix it with some grog if you have some pen ink isnt even used as a proper ink its used as a stainer to put into inks

18. Hoes

Hoes Member

emptying out biro pens into grog/nero is a good stainer

Empty out a bottle of black grog..a bottle of nero into a bucket/bottle

add 1 tea spoon of dot3

get 50 black biro pens..cut the nibs of them and just blow the thick black ink into the mix..it'll take a while...

and add 1 cap full of turps or spirts..

close it up...shake well...add to a marker..bomb..a'll try n get a pic of the finshed ink (y)

19. SAID

SAID Moderator

i saw paint to fix up your car yesterday at an arts store. looked really thick though. worth racking and making something out of it ?

20. Yuckasfuck

Yuckasfuck Senior Member

If yer tryin hoes' recipe replace the turps with methylated spirits/isopropyl.
    Then ye might realise that its pen ink+dot3+brand ink :p