Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

What's with the style?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Taurus, Mar 21, 2010.

Share This Page

1. BlacktodaFuture

BlacktodaFuture Elite Member

graffiti is the use of and manipulation of letters to form a word or character or anything. but truly graffiti is what you make it. if you make it everything it is everything and if you make it nothing it is nothing.

2. Enmity

Enmity Elite Member

style is when you aren't trying

3. Spark391

Spark391 Senior Member

Emm.. yeah, there are exceptions to the rules as always.. there are great graffiti artists that also do different things, like ma'claim is mostly about photorealism, but they can also rock some good letters.. But 99% of graffiti is still letters. Obey I would see more as an street artist (posters, stickers, stenclis etc = street art), though Obey is great also.. And I think that all (most) graffiti isn't just all about fighting against the system, sure for some that is, but face it, most of the people would still rock walls after there would be no "system" .. people do it for the love of it, or they shouldn't be doing it at all.. It's just bullshit excuse, lot of bombers say that "oh, yeah, i'm fighting the concumption culture.. there are commercials everywhere, why can't i destroy shit".. Face it, you love to bomb, you love to destroy, you love to see other people destroy, you are doing it for the love of it, and you're just using a bullshit excuse, and you would still continue doing it, even if there wasn't a single commercial left in the city.. With that comment I mean to show no dissrespect for bombers, but i'm just saying that some of them are talking crap.

4. massacreman

massacreman Elite Member

spark youre right there.
    i just do it because i dont have nything better to do and im sort of addicted to it now...

5. JazeTSK

JazeTSK Member

Enmity, dude right on the head. Thats is straight up some true life shit. Senior quote that shit man.

6. NiL

NiL Elite Member

no u

7. Jackal1347

Jackal1347 Senior Member

8. NiL

NiL Elite Member

9. Jackal1347

Jackal1347 Senior Member

WTF does "no u" mean?

10. inpho_211

inpho_211 Senior Member

no u= the shorter way of sayin "No, you"
    there jackal..

11. Jackal1347

Jackal1347 Senior Member

.....I completely understand that part.
    Im in CP English.
    But what was he saying "no you" to?
    Was he implying im a poser?

12. inpho_211

inpho_211 Senior Member

crack-heads..
    or meth-head..
    he's just bein a troll i bet..

13. Backalley Abortion Doctor

Backalley Abortion Doctor Elite Member

People keep saying 'if you're shit, don't paint' and most/all of you that have said that either suck or have never posted any of your work.

Drawing graffiti and painting graffiti are two completely different worlds, anyone who's done both knows this. You have to learn both at the same time. Get as good as you want on paper, it is NOT going to give you can control, or the ability to turn a 9 inch sketch into a 7 foot painting. You're going to end up starting all over again at the very basics and learn to understand that if you can't paint your style on the same level you can sketch it, you won't just learn to do it. It will never work. Your style has to develop from painting and sketching both so that you can learn your limits and abilities.

14. Kayone707

Kayone707 Moderator

you sound like a fat chick asking "why cant people see my inner beauty"
    everyone knows a "good style/flow" when they see it, no way around it. end of topic.

15. NiL

NiL Elite Member

hahahaha @ fat chik.

16. syne7

syne7 Senior Member

Last edited: Mar 31, 2010
  17. NiL

NiL Elite Member

I can barley read his handies rofl, I have someone around here that scribbles shit too. But his pieces are nice.

18. Taurus

Taurus Member

Well Kayone707, you sound like an arrogant arsehole who does it for the lifestyle, not the expression of imagination. But you don't hear me telling people what they sound like eh? Prick! Sort it out!!

19. Jackal1347

Jackal1347 Senior Member

Kayone707, dude that fat chick thing was funny, props man.
    And taurus, of course he is in it for the lifestyle. thats what graffiti is.
    Its an addiction. Just like smokeing ur first cig, u go out one day with a can or marker and is like hey, ill try it once. Then u do it again and again, til u start
    to get better and know what ur doing. It starts to consume you, cuz all u wanna do is paint more and more, and get more famous. Being a writer is a way of life, if its not apart of ur daily life, (or like once a week or something) then ur not a writer just a poser.

20. Taurus

Taurus Member

I didn't mean it like that - I'm a surfer, an actual surfer, not someone who surfs because it's 'cool' and i don't wear shorts and flip flops the entire year, i'm not someone who's in it for the lifestyle. It has it's perks, of course, but I surf because i love to surf, and not everything in my life is associated with it. I wonder if Kayone707 can actually write? Or whether he's just in it for the flip flops of the graffiti world..?
    Either way, does it matter who I am? I asked a relevant question, and just because i'm not a graffiti artist doesn't mean that I don't have an opinion or an interest.