Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Where Do You Practice?

Discussion in 'Toys forum' started by met-trains-r-tha-best-biatch, Nov 19, 2005.

Share This Page

1. ...Syerf

...Syerf Senior Member

haha thats exactly what i told him to do to if he was usin the same color paint again and again...it gets tricky, if not impossible to practice with the same colors without rolling it...definatly an awsome and cheap way to get good...i approve

2. allcitybomber

allcitybomber Senior Member

i practice on the streets. i practice on slaps. i practice under this bridge where i already started a war with some pussy ass toy gang.

3. enjoys_art

enjoys_art Member

Where I live, i can walk for 5 minutes and there is a pond so i put on high boots and walk for like 10 seconds and Im in this huge pipe that connects it to another pond but its always dry so i write on the huge walls

4. PROMO

PROMO Senior Member

What I did to practice tags was I ordered boxes off of the USPS website and practice tags on them. Lately though, i have been practicing pieces under a bridge and on some walls alongside railroad tracks

5. Dome27

Dome27 Senior Member

Usually I practice on scraps of paper, in a notebook i have to just practice the basics in (i have one for throwies i'm workin' on too). I have been working on can control on canal banks and jungle-gyms that are already tagged to hell.

6. Slushi

Slushi Banned

Outside, bitches

7. StAtiK1

StAtiK1 Senior Member

on particle board which i nailed to my fence lol it works

8. crimateNC

crimateNC Senior Member

My homie and I practice sometimes on my room's walls

9. acereborn

acereborn Elite Member

^^ lol thats smart.. i just practice in one of those ditch pipes, i have a jumbo one near where i live

10. crimateNC

crimateNC Senior Member

11. .jug.

.jug. Senior Member

a piece of primed plywood in an alley near my house

12. Dinan 3er

Dinan 3er Senior Member

on cardboard. I heard of an abandoned house I am thinking of checking out.

13. Dome27

Dome27 Senior Member

free USPS boxes ftw!

14. PRMIKA825

PRMIKA825 Member

My garage walls, and plenty of card board

15. From the Ground Up

From the Ground Up Senior Member

cardboard for practising techniques and handstyles, or a big-ass piece of drywall (just keep going over it) if i wanna bomb/piece

16. allcitybomber

allcitybomber Senior Member

everytime i tag on the street. that is practicing. i want people to be able to see me getting better and better. like i look at the shit i did like 4 months ago that u thought was hot and it BLOWS. now i look at the shit i did tonight and i am like...shiiiit that is fresh.

but a few months from now? i am going to be saying wtf was i thinking?

17. toke_wdc

toke_wdc Elite Member

and all the other writers in your city must be thinkin "what the fuck is this guys problem?!"

18. Dome27

Dome27 Senior Member

lol

EDIT: saw a fence today that had throwies all over it... didn't think much of it until about 5 minutes later when i realized they were all pretty similar... went back to it and looked, and it was the same throw (for the most part) over and over again... each one was dated, and they were in chronological order from left to right... they were over a span of 6 months, and a new one was painted about every week and a half... each one was slightly better than the first, but you could tell when the guy switched paint... at about 1/2 way through, the paint went from thin and kinda splotchy with a very dull color to thick and bright colors with a good coverage, but the fill and outlines were still basically the same in terms of the way he painted.

i thought it was fucking stupid, but did show progression over time.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2007
  19. ...Syerf

...Syerf Senior Member

herd from a local writer you can get some sheetrock for 7 bucks....and im talkin huge ass pieces, and its better to paint on then partical board...recamend checkin it out.

20. c0ld

c0ld Senior Member

i use plywood.

sometimes i go out plywood hunting. ive got abt 4 or 5 big pieces i practice on. i picked up 3 at a time in my friend's toyota corolla once. man that was funny. we had 5 people to ride too.

they used to double as skate ramps til i all but quit that.

good times.