Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

The Dumpster Diving Thread!

Discussion in 'Tools and tips' started by sk8er6, Jul 23, 2007.

Share This Page

1. lilbmxking

lilbmxking Senior Member

i think its time to go to the stores and see if anywhere has anything new in stock.

and possibly hit up some allyways and see if im interested in anything and see what all i come up with at the end of the day. yes.

2. "rekt"

"rekt" Member

I got a best buy, hobby lobby, menalrds, target, fleet farm, and a walmart all close together. I'm thinking that I'll find some paint or some electronics I could sell to buy some paint. Is it possible to go into the store and make sometihng look broken so that they throw it away?

3. Phillip McDougall

Phillip McDougall Elite Member

If you're going to do that, might as well rack it.

Not to mention they'll probably just mark it as open already, and sell it marked down.

4. H3TT1NG3R

H3TT1NG3R Elite Member

found old polaroid film and sold it all easily for 200$ haha

5. Msfyt

Msfyt Elite Member

Wicked thread
    Yay for being resourceful
    And really opening your eyes to what's going on around
    Such as the fact that we are very spoiled people who waste way too much

6. sk8er6

sk8er6 Senior Member

hahaha, i found a working pc behind a dollar tree/empty rent space dumpster. it was sitting right on top of everything. i havent really been DD as of late either. i was back there because the empty rental space was throwing out a lot of lumber. apparently, the pc belonged to a gay neck bearded white guy from AZ who worked for a furniture store who also really likes black guys.

7. Phillip McDougall

STEVE? Was his husband named Vaughn? hahaha

8. sk8er6

sk8er6 Senior Member

some dude named jason. in a honda station wagon was braggin bout how much looted crack he stackin. haha. i got his resume, and pics of him suckin off some black dudes... might forward them to his friends and fam on facebook... havent decided yet. but i wiped the hd. just use it for emulators, videos, web browsing. had internal wifi adapter. not a bad deal at all.

9. Phillip McDougall

10. fizzz

fizzz Member

nice, imma try this as soon as i get back in the country

11. xHEXx

xHEXx New Member

lol

12. PeeInTheShower

PeeInTheShower Elite Member

you got pics of a guy sucking off another guy? dude, that's the least gay shit i've ever heard.

13. Craig Ownings

Craig Ownings Senior Member

Yo man I've been trying to wipe out a hd I found.. I have a new OS for it just can't wipe it out

14. G!X

G!X New Member

Okay So Does Anyone No When Walgreens And Sherwin Williams Restocks. I Just Went To Sherwin Williams For My First Time Dumpster Diving. I Got About Two Mops Worth Of Baby Poop Yellow.

Also When Does ACMoore Restock So I Can Dive.

Thanks In Advance.☆☆

15. Phillip McDougall

16. G!X

G!X New Member

Yea Cause I'm Sick.☆○◇□△◎Ξ™©®ªº

So Does Anyone Know?

17. skets

skets Senior Member

hard to find good stuff but it's free so. also when they lock it you can get wire cutters at home depo and you can cut through locks. the locked ones have the best they also recycle old cans that don't get bought but they keep it secret like in employee only areas and they get rid of them fast

18. hit-man

hit-man Member

if any one lives in canada i recomend checking out princess auto about once a month they clear out all of the customer returnes, they just throw all the shit in a big bin out back. i got 2 generators one needed a spark plug and the other was a $4000 deisle one that needed a starter, chain saw, pressure washer both ran fine, a shit load of air tools that all worked, cut off saw, a shit load of hand tools we filled up 2 pickups with shit and 90 percent of it worked

19. cream1

cream1 Senior Member

i get all my paint for free cause the dump in my town has a paint secton in the salvage area

20. -iTch-

-iTch- New Member

those who think dumpster diving is gross just need to man up, it's just another form of racking. I dumpster dive on an almost daily basis, i tag dumpsters, and at one shitty point in my life i lived in one. there is so much good stuff in them, it's unbelievable. Here's an incomplete list of things i have found in dumpsters/trash: paint, spraypaint, markers, bingo markers, paint markers, pizza, bagels, bread, donuts, knives, multitools, bike tubes/treads/chains/gears, brand new/used dvds, books, tapes, soda, beer, pot, stickers, candy, a bong, fabric, clothes, shoes/boots, wood, pens/pencils... i could go on and on. fact of the matter is that it's not as gross as people think, that is a common misconception. Do you honestly believe people are throwing out human shit? What do you think is in there, besides just old/wet remnants of other things that specific store commonly throws out? I've been eating out of dumpsters nearly every day since i was about 13 and i'm 19 now, never gotten sick once. I encourage everyone to dumpster dive, but what everyone should understand, as it has been said here before, is that it is a HIT AND MISS game. You could score a bunch of stuff or nothing. it depends on where and when. Also don't expect to find like brand new paint or stuff like that, things have to have a REASON to be in the trash, be it damaged, expired or they got a newer shipment of that product. Also, sometimes you find things that people (pedestrians/customers/homeless folks) throw out in dumpsters like drugs, perfectly good already-purchased products that they were unable to return and too lazy to find a use for it, ditched stolen products (which would be brand new) and etc. There are a LOT of different things you can find, in mediocre to pristine condition. As far as getting caught, it IS considered to be the companies property until the trash company picks it up, so typically they ARE in the right when they tell you to leave. In fact i know some kids that got fined and did some time for dumpstering too much stuff from a bitchy cops-calling clerk. It was considered theft. As long as you know what you're doing, don't FUCKING EVER MAKE A MESS unless you want to be kicked out, possibly trespassed, and cause that dumpster to be locked up and blown up. Most clerks are down with it, being that it keeps it out of landfills and gives use to it. Also there ARE ways to get into a locked dumpster, don't ever use a bolt cutter, it blows it up. Hit me up if you need any more advice, i know those big-green-treasurechests pretty well. peace and happy diving.