Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

How Did You Get Into Graf

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Puffer, Nov 23, 2005.

Share This Page

?

How did you get into graf?

1. Siblings

6.4%
  2. Friends

37.1%
  3. Internet

7.4%
  4. Other

49.1%
  1. tripone

tripone Member

ha ha! a video game changed your life?:confused:

2. ##sable##

##sable## Senior Member

i got into graff cuza my brothers. they taught me everything i kno.

3. PRMIKA825

PRMIKA825 Member

i got into it becuz me and my bro used to walk around the city
    looking at graffiti, on day a few years later i took a walk to go see some new writing, and amazingly every bit of writing was painted over with thick lime green paint, and some of the graffiti was like from the 80's so u know it was mad shit.

so i figured i start writing for myself and it just took off from there

4. F.R.A.T.

F.R.A.T. Senior Member

noooo, it spark an interest in graff

5. Ascendant

Ascendant Senior Member

I just saw it around, decided I liked the style. I needed a good outlet, something to help me relax.

6. Steel!

Steel! Elite Member

i live in some small town where graff is nonexistent but every summer i go to minneapolis/ st. paul to visit family. there my cousin got me into it and i learned everything i know from the internet, graf books, and my cousins old blackbooks

7. ·jaikone·

·jaikone· Senior Member

i got into it from seeing it on the streets. 905 cheyaaaa

8. dreddysocks

dreddysocks Senior Member

9. sayonelast...

sayonelast... Senior Member

in my case.. i dont even know what put graff into my head.. i think jsut seeing graffiti every where and jsut wondering why ppl did it.. then jsut meeting ppl who did it then got into it.. it kinda jsut happened..

10. Mean15

Mean15 Member

A mate of me saw something of the movie "Kroonjuwelen" on MTV. And from then he was obsessed with it, he told me about it, and that's how it started.

11. Ether

Ether New Member

I live in a small town and there's a derailed train that all the "hard-ass" preppy kids write their names on.

One of my best friend's friend did a bunch of absolutely sick skulls on the train and right next to it someone tagged "Bliss." After seeing that and some other sick pieces when I went into the city, I started messing around.

12. Pegasus

Pegasus Senior Member

haha i wrote be9 on paper in year 6, then in year 7 i met hese writers whent to my school and shit got off ffrom there. I got into the music via graff.

13. j21

j21 Member

i was stabbed in an ally in cali socal to be exact....

11 years of age ...i was makeing fun of this kid aceboy....he was tagging his name with the letter A upside down.....anyone from cali kinda knows that writers or tagbangers can be crazy and a55holeish.....................oh yeah and its been 17 years now.......11 or 12 on fr8s

Last edited: Aug 20, 2007
  14. j21

j21 Member

kinda rad that ive been playing here for like 8o years and im junior member

15. -GuEs-

-GuEs- Member

My mate got me into it so that we are different and not like every other tom,dick and harry..

-gues-

16. mas$

mas$ Elite Member

a mural by dekor/mak1/faith47 and rasty near where i live really opened my eyes and a mag with 123klan doing computer graff design..i endedup meeting rasty and dekor recently and that was cool too:p
    awww.graffiti.org_sa_2_johannesburg.jpg awww.graffiti.org_sa_3_johannesburg.jpg awww.graffiti.org_sa_4_johannesburg.jpg awww.graffiti.org_sa_5_johannesburg.jpg awww.graffiti.org_sa_6_johannesburg.jpg

17. geritto

geritto Senior Member

alot of ppl was getting up in my city so i liked it and started

18. Slushi

Slushi Banned

By listening to Slayer.

19. sactown916trainrat

sactown916trainrat Member

my dad was a graffiti writer so when i was like 7 he gave me a book and taught me to do letters and crap, when i was 13 he bought me my fist 20 cans of paint to do my art, before he died he left me a box full of rusto paint and caps and all his black books. so my dad was my influance on me

20. BeesKnees

BeesKnees Senior Member

I was always really good at art and i always drew my name in bubble letters since i can remember then one day when i was 12 or so i was climbing on the roof of an abandoned factory, for those of you in toronto it was the brickworks, but that was when there was next to no graffiti in it and anyways i found a used can on the roof and my friend identified it as spraypaint so i decided i would do my bubble letter but it ran out halfway through and i had to go back and finish it, and then for the next 2 or 3 months i would go about once a week and usually paint a face around the brickworks and then soon i realised other people did graffiti to, i met artist and realised there was a community with rules, about names, tags, throwups, pieces, and then i started noticing names all around the city, i noticed EYES first, and then it just took of from there