Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Caps

Discussion in 'Tools and tips' started by Zeos, Sep 27, 2004.

Share This Page

1. tuckfoys

tuckfoys Senior Member

just take the dot outta a dam stock tip

2. ...Syerf

...Syerf Senior Member

tipmix 3...thats the way to go, your basic complete set:D:D

3. Dinan 3er

Dinan 3er Senior Member

Does anyone ever use pink dots for outlines?
    I was doing fills today with my pink dots and then I decided to just do the outline with a pink dot too. It worked pretty nicely. maybe i am just toy.

4. sir.one

sir.one Moderator

i usually fill and outline with NTfats. it doesn't matter what you do it with just need to make sure it looks good.

5. dcite

dcite Elite Member

usually use rusto fats for everything, but i need something for a more precise outline. ny fats? german outlines? usually krylon rusto etc

6. BizerkIZ

BizerkIZ Elite Member

i definately reccomend ny thins... they will fit on both those paints..

7. Super Duper VILLAIN

Super Duper VILLAIN Senior Member

so do german outlines, both are low pressure so you wont have to move as fast like with rusto fats.

8. emel

emel Senior Member

just use ny fats for everything... its perfect and it DOES work on rusto just some colors like white spray out
    you dont need a thin cap for double outlines unless your doing a piece and your not toy just use a stock its not that hard all you REALLY need is good can control..

9. BizerkIZ

BizerkIZ Elite Member

with really good can control, prressure, and speed, you can get german/maybe even thinner lines out of ny fats..

10. emel

emel Senior Member

you must not have tried to get lines THINNER than german outlines with an NY fat..... its fucking hard because if you go fast and close with german outlines they are skinny as FUCK

11. nero122

nero122 Elite Member

fave paint is probably montana black but some of the caps i get from the shop arent able to fit on cos of this new cap system crap . n plasticoat is the shit to rack here . but my fave caps are probably pink dots cos theyre sick for fills n banana skinnys for outline i hate the needle caps cos the splurt too much if you know what i mean n ima try the gold dots today so yh ll.

12. ilikekicks

ilikekicks Senior Member

sometimes when i use Pink Dots on rusto's they leak liek crazy or not at all, what up with that?

13. allcitybomber

allcitybomber Senior Member

shit happens to me sometimes when i am rushing. but with rusto fats.

i dont know if pink dots are even supposed to be on rusto...i havnt tried it...but make sure that the cap is on right. if it isnt in the hole properly...then that little extra space is going to be a spot where paint comes out of.

if i were you i would go with universal fats. you can get smaller lines...like a ny fat when used quickly...and can flair to like 10 inches in diameter. super sick cap for sure.

but usually i use ny fats for everything. when i do my outlines to peices i use a banana skinny. (montana stock)...or just a rusto stock cap.

and i am pretty sure that german outlines (1 and 2s) do not work on rustos...as i had one explode on me the other day...or maybe i just had it on wrong??

can anyone confrim this?

14. ilikekicks

ilikekicks Senior Member

i used this guide http://www.a2planet.com/guide/work/index-revc.html

says pink dots should work fine with rustos, i dont know how you can put a cap on wrong tho, it just goes on top unless the its teh type of rusto can like painters touch vs proffessional?

Last edited: Jul 31, 2007
  15. Albert Fish

Albert Fish Elite Member

ny fats for throws, ny thins for pieces

16. its all good till the cops come

its all good till the cops come Senior Member

make fats outta stocks for pretty big lines.(if you know how to do it right it comes out nice) but ny fats work very nicely. if your lookin for caps that fit on alot of cans but you hate the design of the ny caps /stocks get the universal skinnys and fats. ive had nothing but good experience with those

17. saucy

saucy Senior Member

i just orders 50 german outlines and 50 rusto fats, they havent come yet but hopefully they'll work fine w/ my rustos

ps. albert fish i love your sig, i used to watch that show all the time back in 2nd grade

18. ADozenFuries

ADozenFuries Member

19. ...Syerf

...Syerf Senior Member

word...though i did have problems originally. At first i thought it was just hitting the rim, later i realized i wasnt attatching them very well. Rusto/Krylon/Montana work just fine if they are attatched right...problem and fixing explained in detail below.

saucy...i used my fats and thins and outlines with rusto, if you expirence sorta what i used to, try doin what i posted right under this line, see if it helps. What i posted just under this line is pretty specific and explains how i fixed it.

Chances are, you arent gettin the caps on very well(not on all the way) and that blows paint everywhere from where the paint exits the can..in other words, it does not come out nice and neat through the tips, rather all over in every direction near your hand and can...it will save you this problem by puttin the caps directly down and making sure the tip end fits snug inside the placing hole on top. Look inside the top of a rusto/krylon/montana hole on top. You can see a larger hole on top with a fat needle looking thing inside. Then look at a cap that is ment for it. The paint comes up when pushed down becuase when you push, the slightly larger then a cap end piece(descibed as fat needle looking before, is very similar to that on the end bottom end of a cap) goes down letting out aresoel which brings the paint with it. This similar but slightly larger piece that fits snug around your cap end seals the paint from going outside it making it go directly through your cap. If it is spewing out everywhere, you most like do not have it snug inside that area, instead it is resting on top of it, unaligned, making some go through the cap, but most just goes out everywhere. To check to be sure this does not happen, try pushin the cap forward, basically anywhere but down. If it falls out easy, or tilts bad, it needs to but placed in better. It also will sound different(somewhat louder, sounding like a firehose but not that loud). You will notice that a pool will settle on the inside of the rim around the top of the can. That as well means it is leaking. Hope this helps. Happy writtin'.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2007
  20. Kayone707

Kayone707 Moderator

grey dots on krylon, simply the best. you wont get a Single drip, and the line will come out thin and precise.

*if you DO get a drip with a grey dot, stop painting...