Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

The Dumpster Diving Thread!

Discussion in 'Tools and tips' started by sk8er6, Jul 23, 2007.

Share This Page

1. Werse

Werse Elite Member

2. NouveauP

NouveauP Elite Member

I went the other night and found some toner paint. What's some good uses for this stuff?

Also came across a marble table. Best score of the night. Skateboarding will commence.

3. BEDAROC

BEDAROC Senior Member

i was randomly walking thru alleys the other night and i guess this one nieghborhood is doing spring cleaning and i cam up on like 30 1 gal half 3/4 and full cans...all dope greens and blues.i think dude was or is a painter.ima go jimmy open his garage this weekend...get some whites.lol.

4. The Most Sadistic

The Most Sadistic Elite Member

You antisocial fucks know you don't have to go in the dumpster to get the fucking left overs, right? Just go in the store and ask the guy to give you some shit before he throws everything away. We used to do this every night at a local 24/7 dunkin donuts. At about 2:30 - 3am they would take everything off the shelves, throw it away, and restock with new. We told the dude to let us know when he was about to throw everything away and we would get like 20 free donuts.

5. The Most Sadistic

The Most Sadistic Elite Member

Looks like fucking furry diarrhea. I would rather just rack from a fucking grocery store then that shit.

6. City_Flicker

City_Flicker Senior Member

bountyhunter, can i have a blueberry muffin?

7. JasK

JasK Senior Member

Lol anyone who dives for bingo dabbers needs to offer some up to people on here.
    I'm not giving away my info, but for people who can't get supplies like this and you've got like hundreds that's just being greedy.

8. .jug.

.jug. Senior Member

no joke i found 17 swords in a dumpster yesterday...went home got a backpack and a box walked back to the dumpster loaded up and walked home smiling big as a mutherfucker. Im guessing someone decided to throw away their collection.

9. BIGel

BIGel Elite Member

no dude not at all. once you start doing it more frequently you begin to notice that the best times to go are right before the weekly trash pickup, when they're full. for bakeries and grocery stores, find out what times they close and then be there an hour later, you'll get the freshest stuff and it should be on top.

and for christs sake don't give up after one shitty dumpster. we go through dozens without finding anything of worth sometimes, but then again, sometimes you find 500 dollars worth of food and merchandise in a single dumpster, so there you go.

10. wired_615

wired_615 Senior Member

swords? like the fighting kind?

11. .jug.

.jug. Senior Member

^^^yes the fighting kind. a truckstop in my area burned and they threw out all of there displays and well everything

12. JasK

JasK Senior Member

My first time dumpster diving, behind a convenience store. Smelled pretty nasty, but it's a dumpster. I didn't find anything useful, but I found a bunch of bubble wrap. Most fun I probably could have had dumpster diving, lol, popped like every single one. I guess it's more fun with friends, but you'd have to share whatever you find I bet.

13. BIGel

BIGel Elite Member

14. JadedSketches

JadedSketches Elite Member

fucking went out and checked a zillion dumpsters and i found fuck all
    all i found was a pair of construction goggles..yay

15. wired_615

wired_615 Senior Member

16. JasK

JasK Senior Member

Went again today, same convenience store. About 20 bottles of perfect Coke Zero and Fanta Orange. We drank / spilled / spit like 10 bottles, then I remembered to take a picture for this thread.
    [Broken External Image]:http://wimg.co.uk/OQIYw6.jpg
    My friend dived and found four cans of Krylon, black, white, and two reds.

17. zenne

zenne Elite Member

yeah thats pretty sweet, i wanna check the dumpsters around the gas stations, see whats up. i dont know how many of you are familiar with the store hillers (its like a kroger for jews) anyway, my brother works there and every so often he comes home with frozen dijorno (sp?) pizzas like 2 weeks before the expiration date, he said the store told him to throw them away cause they were approaching expiration and he put them in his car. just something to look into, im sure kroger does it too.

18. PeeInTheShower

PeeInTheShower Elite Member

isn't it whack as fuck that you can get roped up for checkin' through a dumpster for lost goods?

19. .jug.

.jug. Senior Member

today I rode around for two hours looking in dumpsters. altogether I found two phillips sub woofers, and one dell flat screen moniter (best buy) , a shitload of green and red vinyl (local sign shop), and one tank of helium (party city)

i had a hell of a day!

20. terriblet

terriblet Member

i havnt dumpster dived since like 8th grade lol,i thnk i out grew it lol but i remeber there used to be this one spot in the town i used to live that was behind both a hasting and a dollar store

Last edited: May 20, 2009