Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Wheatpaste

Discussion in 'Tools and tips' started by C-money fresh!, Sep 2, 2007.

Share This Page

1. Vagrant

Vagrant Elite Member

paste should dry clear
    putting a layer of paste over the poster ensures it will be weatherproof

2. calisk8er1620

calisk8er1620 Member

3. m u t e

m u t e Member

interesting idea, can't wait to see how it turns out.

4. CHUB

CHUB Senior Member

indigo-thats dope. Ive never heard of woodboard stuff like that before. I like your pioneering spirit in street art. Do you do any canvas/fine art stuff? If so, id like to swap pics

5. Indigoblue

Indigoblue Senior Member

thanks everyone.
    using wood boards for street work isn't an original idea - lots of people do it - but it's a new direction for me personally.
    I do canvas stuff a lot, peep my flickr for pics.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/27557040@N06/

6. Thickalick

Thickalick Member

wicked wood boards and I love the canvas in your flickr, you're so talented. I also had no idea you're from Van! Now I'm excited to head across the water again and look for some of your stuff =D Sorta like a Where's Waldo art gallery find.

7. kinglerxst

kinglerxst Senior Member

Ive cut up a new 2 layer stencil and im thinking of either scanning and printing or stencilling myself some posters, but i better submitt it here first, what do you guys think?
    Have you seen it before? (Its origiinal, but it might be similar to something, i dunno)Amazing as usual IC
    ON WOOD ai293.photobucket.com_albums_mm45_loki2759_Vegas08062.jpg

ON CANVAS (CRITS PLEASE) ai293.photobucket.com_albums_mm45_loki2759_Vegas08063.jpg

ANOTHER PAINTING JUST FOR RAMDOMNESS ai293.photobucket.com_albums_mm45_loki2759_Vegas08065.jpg

Also, IC, do you sell your stuff out of real gallery or just online, through friends?

ANYONE WANNA SEE MORE FROM ME, IVE GOT TONS, JUST PM ME AND ILL SEND YOU SOME FLIX

8. CHUB

CHUB Senior Member

I like it man, but where the dotted line is, you might want to have a different color fill in between those spaces. Kind of like an emergency traffic sign. But thats just personal preference with me, other then that, its ill.

9. ohgawdxcarcrash

ohgawdxcarcrash Elite Member

the first two remind me of the swastika for some reason.. even though it looks nothing like it.

10. kinglerxst

kinglerxst Senior Member

11. Indigoblue

Indigoblue Senior Member

thanks Thickalick and Kinglerxt.
    @ K - I am not represented by a gallery. I don't sell much of my work, and if I do it's usually to friends.

12. Thickalick

Thickalick Member

13. H3TT1NG3R

H3TT1NG3R Elite Member

14. Maste

Maste Senior Member

so i just moved and i wanna get up and i do stencils and shit but there are mad cops around here during the weekend so i havent done any stencils cause im paranoid and then i rmembered wheatpastign and then i just went and read a shit ton of this thread and had a question: could i just put the wheatpaste into a water bottle or soemthign and pour out a little bit on the wall and spread it with brush? would that work... also does it need to be refridgerated or does that just make it less stanky+fresher...
    good work mute and indigo your stuff stuck out as i was scrolling through the last few pages

15. Indigoblue

Indigoblue Senior Member

thanks
    yeah, pasting is a good way to get ups if there's tons of heat around
    wheatpaste is an organic substance, so you need to refrigerate it or it will go moldy and nasty.
    yeah the water bottle thing would probably work if your paste is runny enough to pour easily. I tend to like mine thicker but thats just personal preference.
    try it and see. if it don't work, try somethin else.

16. H3TT1NG3R

H3TT1NG3R Elite Member

^how do you make urs thick but still transparent? it seems whenever mines thick its liek almost opaque hha

17. Thickalick

Thickalick Member

http://www.wikihow.com/Make-Wheat-Paste Here's the recipe I used for my first batch, tho it really doesn't matter on the measurements, I just freestyle now till I like the thickness. I prefer thick too, a bit thicker then white glue. Never had it opaque doing it like this.

18. Bomberx

Bomberx Member

If that recipe works im doing some wheatpaste rightnow.
    All the other recipies seem so hard :p that one seems so simple

19. calculating infinity

calculating infinity Elite Member

ey i just read the first three and last three pages and didnt see anyhting

does anyone know how many 8x11 pastes would i get out of a squirt bottle filled up with paste?

20. Thickalick

Thickalick Member

Works perfectly man, just make sure to whisk it well before putting it in the pot or it will be lumpy.