Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Markers

Discussion in 'Tools and tips' started by imported_newz12, May 2, 2004.

Share This Page

1. BoomSlang

BoomSlang Senior Member

funny enough i got mine off ebay, £20.00 for 36,set c, 2 of them were used once and the lady thought they put out too much ink for what she wanted. i do have to say they make a huge difference in coloring shit in. nice when the markers ya use dont leave inconsistent lines every place a marker happens to overlap.
    since i got that set i went back to ebay and ordered another 20 different colors to round out my set , those i had to get 1 by 1 for £1.80 each with free shipping.
    i still have alot to do to get to use them right but its a pleasure to use something decent for a change and just to see a nice result.

also just got 2 copic marker pads today £11.50 for the pair delivered

2. Zookyook

Zookyook Elite Member

sounds good man post some pics of that shit i wanna see what the pads look like if theyre like thicker almost foam or what?? ive never seen that shit... but sounds like next time i want markers im ebayin it! hah i got fucked over with my set

3. BoomSlang

BoomSlang Senior Member

well i started with these.....hangs head in shame lol
    View attachment 562490
    and these
    View attachment 562491

those i bought at a thrift shop about 3 weeks ago when i decided to start writing again.

total waste of money (good they were cheap lol)

these are the ones i scored off ebay

View attachment 562492

View attachment 562493

ton of difference for coloring.

i have a few other tidbits i have collected in the past 2 weeks
    View attachment 562494

surprisingly the bic markers arent bad

havent tried these out yet as i just got em today

View attachment 562495

quick inspection....

paper is babys ass smooth
    feels even thinner than the paper in my other budget sketch book.
    almost similar to copy paper in weight

i am gonna take a few days to toy around with it and see what difference it makes.
    since i am not in this for the wall,train bombing scene all i need is good materials and a ton of practice to suit my needs.

i will throw up a pic once the rest of my copics come in

4. Zookyook

Zookyook Elite Member

verrr niiiice!!! i want copics so effin bad... i have pics of all my shit in the inventory thread... and is that a whiteout pen? i was thinking those would be good for highlights but the one i got was just too thick and glopped all over the place

5. BoomSlang

BoomSlang Senior Member

yep they call em tip ex over here, but its a fairly fine white out tip.
    honestly i will probably dump that and just grab a small tube of acrylic white from a hobby shop/ craft store and a liner brush. can get a finer line and a bit more control than the flow from the tip ex

6. Zookyook

Zookyook Elite Member

i had a set of molotow one4alls... u can paint over black with white with those... really opaque, and u can get fineline tips for them too, but im outta paint and ive been using my decos for highlights... if u flip the nib around one end is thinner and they work pretty good for ultra thin shit

7. CrustOner

CrustOner Elite Member

I use a white gel pen for highlights.

8. Flawless Victory

Flawless Victory Elite Member

I use a pink one to write notes to all my girlfrans in english class.

9. CrustOner

CrustOner Elite Member

hahahaha I just pictured that..

10. Zookyook

Zookyook Elite Member

fak i never even thought of that... ur a visionary crust lol... ill try that

11. KAZonee

KAZonee Senior Member

i wanna get a skinny silver marker

i cant get a silver pilot so i idk to get a silver deco or a silver prisma color

i can get a silver uni but i want a skinny one not a chisel tip

12. SAID

SAID Moderator

kiwi mop + thinner + silver paint
    i know you want skinny, but that shit is fucking beast

13. tyl3r

tyl3r Member

does any one know how to or has anyone made a 20-30 mm nib at home?

14. kace91

kace91 Senior Member

I have a friend in usa comin to my country, so ill ask him to bring me some graff stuff we cant buy here... what markers would you reccomend tryin? (i was thinkin mainly on krink and junobo stuff)

15. curlz

curlz Senior Member

How to make a nice pocket homemade mop for rough outdoor surfaces

1. you want any type of plastic sqeezeable tube.i used an old acrylic paint bottle that i washed out.and 2.filled with ink. the bottle was delta ceramcoat is the brand. you can get permanent acrylic paint bottle too(what you want). so once you clean out the bottle you just have the clear bottle so make some homemade ink! 3.for the nib i used the rough part of the top of a sponge. you can just peel it off you want to roll it up then fold it in. then slide in make the nib the way you want. i tryed this and it works so well. the ink flows perfectly through it you can even do non drippy tags. hope it helped for outdoor graffiti artists like me.

16. curlz

curlz Senior Member

Review: Krink k-51(yellow) Markwell Xtra wide(white)

Ok first off i was stoked to get my first krink marker! but it all went downhill from here i tryed it the k-51 is like a translucent yellow i wanted it to be bright but im gonna fill it up with grog when it runs out :) but anways it was ok. Any suggests on big nib krinks i could get that arent crappy?
    Markwell Xtra wide- First of i though this was a great deal until i got the marker. i like how it write on dumpster and slick metal surfaces but on wood and like rough plastic or whatever it sucks. it splatters all over when opened after first use. it bothered me.

Umm can someone tell what are some good markers from krink that have the fat nib like the k-51 thanks.

17. Sbal

Sbal Elite Member

Markwells suck my left nut. Whenever you order morethan 15 dollars worth of shit from bs they give you a free one. Sell them to a dumb ass kid for 5 bucks

18. Ne-One

Ne-One Member

You Know What My Main Problem is With Markers.... If You're Tagging With Them And Someone See's It, They Can Just Tipex A Line Over It.... Thats Disrespectful, Seriously ¬¬

19. truflke

truflke Member

ya mon totally

20. essen

essen Member

if you want a big nib marker on the cheap, Gardencraft by marvy uchida(same company that makes DecoColor) is great. The biggest you can get is a 15mm nib, and it uses the same pump system as OTR and Molotow. They sell them at Michael's