Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Blackbooks

Discussion in 'Toys forum' started by Kayone707, Jun 15, 2005.

Share This Page

1. vems

vems Senior Member

take the nub out of the bottom of the v

2. Kostonee

Kostonee Member

I really like the bottom one bro, but maybe make the E a little more curvy like the W and L are... just my 2 pence

3. -Sinn-

-Sinn- Senior Member

Reach - I really dig the loopy piece other then the curves on the H not sure whats off lookin forward to seein next draft ill have ur exchnge piece up at the end of the week local writers borrowing my book broke simple is fire
    Sevr- try and make it so theres no deadspace in your throw think fat stylish marshmellows
    Ewal - feelin that first simple most
    4am Insomnia Canvas I'll have a better pic tommorow
    [Broken External Image]:http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/zinkery90/Snapshot_20110922_2.jpg

4. PETER

PETER Elite Member

Every thing is good... except the letters. You are obviously a skilled artist, but your letters need work. For something like what you have there I think a clean script style would be more suitable. Keep working.

Rib: that P does stick out in the Aply piece. I think if you stiffen up that A like the L and Y and use a different fill color for the P and make it stand out even more it would work better. One of my favorites from you. And with the swirly one I agree that the loops on the H are a little strange. Maybe a lowercase h would suit better, just make the right leg come up kinda high.

5. Fluffy Bunnies

Fluffy Bunnies Elite Member

hey ribcage do me a kils. i dont have much to offer since i kinda suck, i dont wanna embarrass myself

6. PETER

PETER Elite Member

7. vems

vems Senior Member

clean, raise the center hole in the a a bit, and possibly remove/choose a better color for the lines inside the letters, like a different/lighter shade of purple, or a bright solid white. other than that looking clean man. nice fade/blend

8. PETER

PETER Elite Member

thanks man. should have kept them the same height. The lines inside are silver, doesn't really show... just working with what I got.

9. _Aristrocracy_

_Aristrocracy_ Member

10. ribcage

ribcage Banned

im not a machine man, I got like 4 internet exchanges, 3 real exchanges, and a battle with ankr to do. If your on tonight around 10 or 11 I prolly be on lookin for some simp battles/exchanges or somethin

11. Phat 2

Phat 2 Elite Member

can you like do some "fuck Phat2" tags on every one of these exchanges and battles you're planning on doing dude? that'd be cool thanks :)

12. ribcage

ribcage Banned

for the ones for this site, that can be arranged. Im afraid Id get a lot of shit if homies I know knew I was on this site tho

13. shush4

shush4 Member

looking for some crits on this stuff. ithought i would post here before anywhere else, the last one is my more recent.
    ai215.photobucket.com_albums_cc233_drzflyest4_Queens_20110921_00105.jpg

ai215.photobucket.com_albums_cc233_drzflyest4_Queens_20110921_00104.jpg

ai215.photobucket.com_albums_cc233_drzflyest4_Queens_20110921_00103.jpg

14. Phat 2

Phat 2 Elite Member

you need to practice your letter structure, cleanliness, flow, and bar consistency heaps before attempting to sketch something similar to these... you're about 10 steps ahead of yourself.
    main advice is take it real easy for now and practice the things I mentioned, even if you have to go about sketching loads of simples and straight letters (as boring as they might sound... I know all about it).
    good luck if you accept crits. and tough luck if you don't. (in that case you probably will go on thinking everyone's hating on you and that your style is fresh/doesn't need fixing and be king in your own mind's world)

15. Strange Journeys

Strange Journeys Senior Member

haha same

ay cosmic, nto trying to harsh your mellow, you should keep working with aspects of those but simple some shit out yo, i like the yellow S, but everythin else is wackish, goin a little extension crazy mang

16. shush4

shush4 Member

funny you mention that i was looking for exactly that because i'm not confident in my letter structure those crazy looking pieces were from about 3-4 yrs ago. from what you see do you suggest going all the way back to block letters or only back to straight letters. i know i'm not good, i fugre if i keep seeing myself as not good i will push myself to improve more. by bar consistency do you mean the height of each of the letters? and flow you mean similar/matching letter style? cleanliness i can assume you mean simple things like crispier lines. I'm willing to take what ever is said into consideration except if someone says to stop.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2011
  17. emace1

emace1 Member

afarm7.static.flickr.com_6156_6170479191_c7302164cd.png
    IMG_0051 by sirduke!, on Flickr

sorry for the brightness on the g, think you can still make it out though. i know the fill is pretty weak, havent really worked on them too much. anything else?

18. Phat 2

Phat 2 Elite Member

by bar consistency, I mean that the parts on your letters need to be same width or if you must flare them (increase in size as they go), their enlargement must make sense. and by flow I mean the overall fluidity of the whole word, how each letter fits in with the other to give out a certain final form that looks nice and not some collage of letters with different styles thrown together to make a chaotic mixture of bars and shiiiit...
    don't stop. but you gotta learn to crawl before you can walk. know what I mean? I say go to the intermediate thread for some inspiration, see how people work, see what techniques they use to get steezy pieces and give that a shot... but simpler, with NO extensions.

19. SHUT

SHUT Senior Member

Nothing I particularly like, just some stuff from about 3 months ago. Most were never finished.

Picture0037.JPG
    Picture0036.JPG
    Picture0034.JPG
    Picture0033.JPG
    Picture0032.JPG
    Picture0031.JPG
    Picture0030.JPG

Attached Files:

20. killroywashere

killroywashere Senior Member