Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Piece Battle Thread.

Discussion in 'Toy Battle' started by Fube, May 4, 2010.

Share This Page

1. MoganOne

MoganOne Moderator

156052_175284979165086_100000507545549_513736_3890589_n.jpg
    I understand what you are saying about the letter breaks and how it can make the D look like a C... I thought that Ian was seeing the back extension of the R making the D look like a lower case g, my bad for that. But What do you know about smoothness bro... Your pieces never turns out smooth. Maybe that is what you are going for though?

2. Phat 2

Phat 2 Elite Member

it sure isn't going to turn out smooth when I'm a toy using a ballpoint pen and no preliminary pencil guidelines at all man... and it still turned out decent
    whether my pieces are smooth or not is irrelevant. I'm giving you very valid crits, I know the theory, it's irrelevant to you whether I know how to apply them myself or not. Just take the crits and move along without going on the defensive. God knows they were constructive

and lol @ thepekins and stuck, does every butthurt kid come with a couple useless "lol you're a toy" dipshits for free?

Last edited: Nov 28, 2010
  3. MoganOne

MoganOne Moderator

Graffiti is an art-form that is guaranteed to come along with haterz bro... Might as well just get used to it... I can't help to hate on people that are horrible... And I can understand why some people hate on my shit too :)... And you are right I can not take critz from someone that does not know how to piece... But that is just how I view critz...

4. Fronco

Fronco Member

5. AcrsK

AcrsK Senior Member

Fronco, that's one sick piece even though it's not colored. Mad props on my end for the design

6. lord_plankton

lord_plankton Elite Member

mmmmh no. you seem to be quite even. but judging from the dire battle , his placement, letter size is superior...but what do i know.

7. Fronco

Fronco Member

8. MoganOne

MoganOne Moderator

That shit looks dope fronco... every letter is dope nice style man:D

9. AcrsK

AcrsK Senior Member

I'm pretty sure that Fronco has my vote for the battle when it's time to vote.

[Broken External Image]:http://cdn2.knowyourmeme.com/i/27050/original/hurrr.jpg?1258452452
    I'm lol'n at all the hate and rage over criticism. I don't even see a point of pointing out who's toy and who isn't. For one, look at which thread you're posting in. Two, everyone on here was a toy at one point. So, bashing someone for being new and/or toy is hypocritical and flat out blunt.

10. Stuck

Stuck Elite Member

herp a durp durrrpp why dont u durrpp shut the fuckkk upp herp a derp!

11. kringe

kringe Senior Member

That AcrsK attempt at 3d piece is wack...Stop trying to compensate your lack of structure with overflashiness

12. AcrsK

AcrsK Senior Member

Stuck, u mad? :)

Kringe, may you please explain to me how I lack the structure with my piece and how it's being "overflashiness"? I don't quite understand what you mean by that.

13. Phat 2

Phat 2 Elite Member

are you like that just in graffiti on these forums. or just in general life as well?
    why is it so important for you to establish that you're better than me? does it help your ego? if it does man, then sure, why not, I'll tell you that this "thing" you posted there is better than anything I've ever done or ever will do. and then you can be on your way and leave me in peace. innit?

14. kringe

kringe Senior Member

Well, for the structure part, look at the R and E. For example, on the R, the leg comes out of the backbone, when meanwhile it is supposed to come out of the loop. And the top of the loop technically makes it a K. And I don't have a clue what the fuck is up with the E. It's kinda really shitty. And then throughout the entire piece, the consistency of the widths of the bars are off.

The style of all of the letters vary from one to the next.

These are all things that the majority of the forum could pick up on easily but due to the '3d' spin that you put on it, not many people pick up on it. Not many people are used to seeing 3d pieces, and find them hard to crit. Just because it's 3d does not mean that it doesn't have to follow the same basic rules as any other pieces.

My advice to you, is to really study and work on your simples and keyboard letters. Leave the 3d alone. Pick it up in a year or so maybe when you're better.

15. AcrsK

AcrsK Senior Member

Alright, I understand where you're coming from now; Kringe. But this was my first attempt to do a 3D piece. I'm personally just experimenting with something new to see what I can do with it. I will keep your criticism in mind and consideration on my next 3D attempt. Thank you for explaining yourself rather then just hating on it. It's much appreciated.

16. Phat 2

Phat 2 Elite Member

yeah, I wanted to give u the same kind of crits as kringe, acrsk. he was right about that.
    I would say your experiment with the 3D effect went smooth and was successful. u got the understanding of perspective and depth. that's good that u got it down and that you're able to see things relatively to space. now imo you should work on your letters to make it perfect.

if you haven't checked out Totem's work. I think it's time for you to get some inspiration from that writer. he's dope. I saw u mention u like Daim's stuff...
    keep gettin up sir

17. thepekins

thepekins Guest

haha yes it absolutely does help my ego (and I need that cus Im an insecure teenager on a web forum)
    Look i deleted all my bullshit on the last page, sorry everyone who had to read it, except for phat. I just jumped on you when you said your piece was "decent" because it was nothing near decent (and then of course I couldnt let you have the last word because then that means I lost the argument):p . notice when I posted mine i said it was "shitty" because it was shitty. I will post my real entry tonight and Im still down to battle you as I've said several times.

but all in all, no beef phat. seriously i dont give a fuck
    lets battle though, friendly style

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 29, 2010
  18. Phat 2

Phat 2 Elite Member

seriously now man. you don't have to get all butthurt about this. I said my entry was decent. as in not great, not good, not shit... just ok (which I think many would agree on that fact keeping in mind what gets posted a lot of times in this and other threads) and we don't have to waste each other's times on battling. If it's that important to you to prove that you're better at piecing than I am, then I told you, I'll admit it and give it to you. really, ure a fresh piecer and very few are the people here or anywhere else that can stand in your way when it comes to graff.
    we cool?

19. Stuck

Stuck Elite Member

ur entry was not decent it was shit. Sorry bud

20. Phat 2

Phat 2 Elite Member

ok ure right it was shit
    can we move on?