Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Questions

Discussion in 'Toys forum' started by Kayone707, Sep 6, 2004.

Share This Page

1. Fury

Fury Elite Member

I go to into Michael's a lot when I need caps and just head to the spray adhesive section. I take the elmer's cap obviously, but there are some other cans with NY Skinny's on them. I don't know the brands or anything.

There's also some all black caps that are kinda skinnier than stocks.

2. nah!

nah! Banned

well i found a picture of someone with one of those fences up his ass.

Looks like the easiest way to get around it would be to loosen the bolts at the top/bottom.

a fence like this?

awww.stopgapfencing.co.uk_images_palisade_security_fencing.jpg

these types of fences are common in the uk at least.

some yards you can walk straight in.

3. ian

ian Elite Member

is flat black better than gloss? also for a 5 letter straight (NOISE) just a fill outline and basic 3d or drop shadow and maybe a forcefield, how many cans of paint would that use up?

4. Eclectic Boogaloo

Eclectic Boogaloo Senior Member

5. ribcage

ribcage Banned

gloss is shinier, hence the name... i digg the shiny:eek:. And amount of paint depends on how big your boutta do it. if its gone be as tall as you, or in the 5-6 foot range, get 2 can for fill 1 for outline and 3d 1 for 2nd outline. but you gonna want a good amount of fill color in case you fuck up the outline ya digg? It also depends on brand because they got different coverage.I mostly fucks with the rusto. When I do a straight letter i usually fuck w/ 2 different fill colors and use a can of both colors. so if ur doin 1 color you gone need 2 cans...

Kinda a difficult and vague question to answer because all the different variables. After you start paintin you'll just know how much you need

6. ian

ian Elite Member

word, just havent painted yet, gearin up to find a chill spot or somethin this summer and just curious as to how much i should be bringing yakno? thanks tho

7. Fury

Fury Elite Member

If you're just painting for the first time, just bring a dollar can of white and a dollar can of black. Don't really worry about going hella big yet, just make sure the letters are proportional and shit.

But to answer your question, I've done a 4 letter straight 5-6 feet tall and I almost used 10oz (probably about 2oz left in the can) for the fill and force field. For the 3D, I probably used about 2oz of paint. For you, if you go that big, you'll probably use a full can of paint for the fill, unless you make it hella dusty.

8. nah!

nah! Banned

hmmm thinkin about doin a roller at that spot i said about just attach some long stick to these short rollers i got heh.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2011
  9. ribcage

ribcage Banned

^is that a question?

10. nah!

nah! Banned

it is now

oops meant to ask for information but i wasn't thinking right heh

OK just tell me any info on roller pieces.

11. weedeater

weedeater Senior Member

how big are you trying to go, or are you just trying to use a roller for a fill

12. ribcage

ribcage Banned

well rollers are probably one of the easiest ways to get up. Theres nothing really tip wise that isn't common sense... wear clothes you dont mind paint splattering on and if ur gonna be close to the wall/painting high spots, where a hat/beany/shirt or somethin on your head so u dont get paint on your face or in your hizzair... other than that rollers are pretty straight forward

13. Phat 2

Phat 2 Elite Member

ergh! this brings back bad memories. i got bucket paint in my eye coz i was using an extension to paint high. that bitch freakin hurt! i had a red eye for about a couple weeks and i couldn't open it too much, and it was watering all the time and shit... fucking hated it... i dont wannaa remember lol

but yeah, ribcage said it all right
    dont forget to take an extra bag to put your messy shit back in when u wanna go home

14. weedeater

weedeater Senior Member

plastic bags are great for that, ive left rollers tied up in a wal mart bag for more than a week, and when i took it out, it was still wet, cleaned up just like it wouldve had it been fresh.

15. Fridsade

Fridsade Member

Can someone help me choose my tag?
    I need something to go along with the letters B, R, and K only because I'm really comfortable adding style and flow to those letters.. I could just put BRK, but I don't wanna seem like a gang or something..

16. Phat 2

Phat 2 Elite Member

karb, krab, bark... barak?
    practice some A letters and you're good eh ? ^_^

17. ribcage

ribcage Banned

yep yep, when doin something similar i had long hair and got a bunch of paint in it without noticing, changed my shirt and pants, started walking down the street, got stopped by mrs piggy, she asked what i was painting i said i didnt know what she was talking about, but blue paint in the hair was a dead give away

18. Fridsade

Fridsade Member

I just started, and yeah I'll go practice some A's and E's

19. Phat 2

Phat 2 Elite Member

u couldve said u were doing a canvas at home, no ?

20. vudu

vudu New Member

Cap Help

Well im getting confused by the caps which i need to get my head around before i go out trying throwups. Ive looked on the net,and what i found is "grey dot is the skinniest,pink dot is the fattest". Does that apply to all brands? Also does the shape or colour of the cap itself determine anything or just the colour of the doughnut where the paint comes out of?