Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Caps

Discussion in 'Tools and tips' started by Zeos, Sep 27, 2004.

Share This Page

1. aids.too

aids.too Member

if you think about it the fan tip is the shit. if you angle the can right your set

2. BennyBoii

BennyBoii Senior Member

on the dollar cans i get u can rip off the fan bit and it sprays a circle, with a little modding there not that bad for tags and dusty fills

3. criscros18

criscros18 Banned

Do any of y'all ever try moding some of your caps?? I took some stock tip, enlarged the spray hole and now it's a great fill cap. It's super fat.

4. m aster of seduction

m aster of seduction Member

how did you enlarge it i tried with mine its hardly any bigger

5. derrderr420

derrderr420 New Member

Best Caps

Teh 94 Cap
    AWESOME
    pro skinnys will do though
    but useless on any high pressure

Boston thins and NY fats err day
    Rusto fats are useless now unless you paint with hardcores

Female NY Fats for Rusto
    from Trout Art Supply

Universals and Banana skinnys
    beige and black dots
    Orange dots
    Euro fat(black pink dot, higher output, fills in ten times better, cleaner too)
    24 KT caps(silver hoods just as good too)

Clash super fats
    They're yellow, kinda spray like NY, but instead of softballs
    we're talking like football, basketball size,
    Evolve has thees "green lantern" caps that spray just like them

6. Coleo

Coleo Elite Member

my fav is the widow maker sprays pretty big on low pressure cans

7. criscros18

criscros18 Banned

Take a pin, heat it up in a candle, then stick it in the hole and rotate it in a circular motion so that it opens up the hole. Then take an x-acto knife or just a regular knife and stick it in and spin it so it further enlargens the nozzle. Now mine sprays like a Jumbo Fat. Its awesome.

8. KEAZE

KEAZE Senior Member

can someone tell me what caps fit on MOLOTOW black top coversall3 750 ml cans? i tryd ny fats ny thins and random caps from homedepot/walmart/micheals and the cap gets stuck down and just keeps sprayin

9. BennyBoii

BennyBoii Senior Member

try euro caps, if not the pink dot should work, as they usually come on the cans

10. XyleneRenegade

XyleneRenegade Member

Bombin Caps

For street bombing with female valve high pressure paint: KILLZ CAPS ALLLLLLLL DAY!. They look just like a red NY (I have seen both the fat and skinny ridge pattern) the only difference is the size of the hole in the nozzle... it is way bigger than any other actuator that has an insert. If you like executing fast, big throws with super fat outlines, it will be love at first spray, I promise...big flared out handstyles look hot too.

For street bombin with male valve high pressure paint: Old Spice Body Spray caps or Stormtroopers (white slanted hood with a recessed black insert found on some automotive & cleanig products.)Get a LOT of these as they will clog early & often. Some *ahem* other graff supply websites sell both under other names but your best bet is to experiment, experiment, experiment. Nothing wrong with modding stock caps too, but it takes some trial and error to get a consistent result. Also, if you use Rusto, the Professional tall boys with the high output cap does blast a little fatter than the usual Stops Rust/Bright Coat or 2X Painters Touch stocks.

For Piecing: Take your pick...everyone is different. Personally, I sketch with stock, fill/fade with orange dots, detail with any or all skinnys and outline with either OG (NY/Rusto) Fats, or German 4s.

Oh BTW, Killz paint SUCKS!! its so unreliable that all its good for is those lovely bombing caps...

Good Luck!...if you let it, this cap game will drive you BONKERS!

11. PANE

PANE Member

Does anybody clean their caps with a solvent ? I seem to go through a lot of caps when painting and it gets pricey after a while!!

12. criscros18

criscros18 Banned

just soak your caps in some sort of turpentine/bleach solution overnight. they should be clean by morning

13. smokeitup

smokeitup Elite Member

criscros you toy you still dont know what your talking about, u can just buy fat caps u dont need to make your own.

14. criscros18

criscros18 Banned

I live in africa, i cant get fat caps, so i just have to make them and mod them from stocks. it sucks, but you do what you gotta do…

15. master of seductions

master of seductions Banned

wtf yeah criscros bleach is awesome just mix 50/50 bleach and house paint you can catch some mad fresh tags!1!111

and you can die also

16. criscros18

criscros18 Banned

Just don't die, and you're all good.

17. Colors

Colors Banned

That single sentence made me hate you more than you know.

18. smokeitup

smokeitup Elite Member

19. Chris57662

Chris57662 Member

NY fats and stock Ironlak caps are okay.

20. criscros18

criscros18 Banned

hate me or smokeitup??