Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Philisophical Concepts

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by tonedope, Apr 8, 2006.

Share This Page

1. TylerDurden

TylerDurden Elite Member

This is sig material.

2. PulseWithLife

PulseWithLife Elite Member

3. Mufasa

Mufasa Member

Listen dude, constantly thinking about the world in that light is unhealthy. More and more members of this new generation need to realize that we have a chance to change the way society works. Whether or not we actually fulfill that goal doesn't matter. The positive emotion that hope and being proactive brings definitely is better than the "we're so fucked so why bother" emotion.

4. lakim shabazz

lakim shabazz Moderator

knowledge the key to life through knowledge you know the truth like they say the truth shall set you free through understanding making it understood by the wise words you speak manifesting knowledge through wisdom having people understand.
    knowledge 120
    wisdom 120
    understanding 120
    =360 completion being one with the ALL

5. BlesrOne

BlesrOne Member

I used to think like tht. i kinda still do. yo if i was you i would read carl jung books, they made me put things in perspective

6. DEMO

DEMO Senior Member

7. Loki X Sho

Loki X Sho Banned

I never said I don't have hope for society, or what "were so fucked so why bother." Its not unhealthy to think this way. More people need to think like this and maybe that would spark the change you're looking for. Change has to start somewhere, and its not gonna start from simply hoping. People need to be inspired...by their own thoughts, someone elses...etc. Most human beings will hear worldly issues and not care because 'it won't effect them'...bull. Everything that happens to this planet effects us somehow and people also forget that too. PERSONALLY, I dislike the government, money, society, and everything else that sets standards for how I live my life. Doesn't mean I don't want things to change..why would I think this much about this shit if I didn't want some kind of change? Every body will find a place to comfortably exist in this world...I chose outside looking in. Its depressing and lonely, but I think I'd rather overload myself with information than be ignorant. Feeling the way that I feel, I've been leading a much more natural existence...I think a lot of sad thoughts, but the sadness is motivation to find what I want while I'm here.

I'm trying to condition myself to not think about the future. Over the past couple months...I kind of lost a lot of my old beliefs. I used to plan things out so much, but lately I really feel the importance of living in the moment. When people say the future is uncertain...thats something I consider to be a truth. I also have been observing the behavior of animals....lots of planet earth and documentary nights...animals are just so great. Wolves are the coolest creatures ever. I sometimes feel like I am a wolf...they're just so enlightening, and they're tough, and they're not scared. They just exist out there in the wilderness, alone, or together...getting what they need or constantly rebuilding what they lost. I think if a lot more people just changed their perspective, they'd see life more naturally, and maybe live like that too. Now, I'm really not one of those granola munchin' suburu hippies...I'm just really into seeing life for what it is. Also, I used to dig rreally deep into witchcraft and supernatural things...not even interested anymore. My mind remains open...but I've spent so much time lookin' and believing in things I can't even see. Now, I believe in the moment. Thats all I really believe in. Its the only truth I guess...for me. I can't feel or see tomorrow...I can't feel or see yesterday. This right here, right now, as I'm typing this...I can see it and feel it. Its right here right now and thats all that matters to me these days.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2010
  8. Loki X Sho

Loki X Sho Banned

9. crailtap

crailtap Senior Member

D
    Tracing through speciflourochromosomatic nothingness.
    i slice through the obsidian silk with my many fingered ship of vanadium.
    Smooth as the smoothest caramel.

Are we really
    Pursuing all of this?
    And for what?

I
    i
    how has this single character came to stand for all of humankind in a single instance, which would be now.

Who! Who is to say that we as a whole history of man, who is to say that we are not just one molecule of a more infinite being than could ever be possibly imagined. What would happen? Would it be worth it all then? Law? Order? These are concepts like every other definition created by the human instance. Suppose we would not be able to exist without first laying the framework for that existence, if it could be pictured as such. ​

THEREFORE: the theory of being but a small part of something infinitely larger is shattered! By man’s own ability to define his existence are we defeating the idea that we are nothing but ourselves!

What will we have to show for it in the end, and who will we show it to?

Last edited: Nov 27, 2010
  10. GuyGuyer of Guyland

GuyGuyer of Guyland Senior Member

what. is. a concept of philosophical nature? do. making eggs with a wooden spatula. count as a theortical question to impose. on nature, itself?

11. Sanguine

Sanguine Senior Member

Yamaoka Tesshu, as a young student of Zen, visited one master after another. He called upon Dokuon of Shokoku.

Desiring to show his attainment, he said: "The mind, Buddha, and sentient beings, after all, do not exist. The true nature of phenomena is emptiness. There is no relaization, no delusion, no sage, no mediocrity. There is no giving and nothing to be received."

Dokuon, who was smoking quietly, said nothing. Suddenly he whacked Yamaoka with his bamboo pipe. This made the youth quite angry.

"If nothing exists," inquired Dokuon, "where did this anger come from?"

12. GuyGuyer of Guyland

GuyGuyer of Guyland Senior Member