Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

The Herbal Remedy Thread!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Car2nist, Dec 29, 2004.

Share This Page

1. jape-the-nape

jape-the-nape Elite Member

heres an article from my town
    [Broken External Image]:http://www.news.com.au/common/imagedata/0,,5469374,00.jpg
    FEARS ALLAYED: Allison Lonergan holds one of the brightly coloured toadstools that triggered her concerns.

WHEN Allison Lonergan was walking her dogs in a Lenah Valley reserve this week she discovered something she had never seen before.

In John Turnbull Park, a few metres from a birch tree, she found orange-red coloured toadstools covered with white spots.

Mrs Lonergan said she picked one and took it to work, and told a friend who is a botanist.

"Without seeing it, she (her friend) said it was definitely poisonous," Mrs Lonergan said yesterday.

"They are not a native and they grow under European trees."

Mrs Lonergan has not had time to get the species positively identified but she is concerned for children who use the park.

She has lived near the park for 13 years and regularly walks her dogs in the area with others.

An honorary research associate at the University of Tasmania, David Ratkowsky, said what Mrs Lonergan had found was amanita muscaria, which had the common name fly agaric.

He said the species was introduced to Australia and was toxic to a certain degree.

"I don't think it would be fatal," he said.

"I don't know of any fatalities."

Dr Ratkowsky said the toadstool was found in many places including the Pipeline Track, on Mt Wellington, which was used by walkers, joggers and cyclists.

It was often found around pinus radiata and other introduced tree species.

The second part of the name came from the species containing muscimol, which caused people to hallucinate or have an allergic reaction if they ate the toadstool.

"It has an odour which attracts flies," he said.

i have yet to scout this area(quite close to me) for mushrooms,i actually know a bunch of good spots but im too lazy to wake up in the morning on cold days and go look for mushrooms

2. bobo9827

bobo9827 Elite Member

cause i saw some mushrooms when i went painting, just wondering what they looked like. but yeah, i wouldnt try random shrooms i dont know if they were poisonous or not

3. jape-the-nape

well if you are keen on mushies,u might aswell take them in a ziplock bag next time,then have alook about shroomery forums and see what u have to tell/show them so they can identify it.

4. emel

emel Senior Member

dfsa

the shrooms me an me friends took were from this sort of marsh in my friends neigboorhood and he chekced em out on the internet and they were good so we ate em:)

since i havent smoked herb in 7 months because of probation shrooms were fucking dope, highest ive ever been, but that becuase ive only smoked weed ....but anyway SHROOMS ARE FUCKING AWSOME

5. graffnation

graffnation Member

Well I smoke my share of ganj, but I must say mushrooms dont do it for me. I had a good couple trips, but then one bad one ruined it for me. I want to try salvia, but for now im staying away from shrooms.
    Felonious Crunk

6. jape-the-nape

what was the bad trip like if you dont mind sharing?
    ive also heard salvia is more intense but ive only heard of oneperson having a bad trip on salvia

7. graffnation

graffnation Member

Well its sort of embarasing so I wont tell the whole thing, but I pissed myself and almost jumped out a window. I look back and laugh at it though, mmmm... learning experiences.
    Felonious Crunk

8. jape-the-nape

haha thats pretty bad,but this might make u feel better
    ive heard stories of people shitting AND pissing themselves just from weed

weaklings eh

also my ex's mum is taking me and here and my dealer and some other chick up to the new shack they bought in "egg & bacon bay" baha,were getting an ounce,im getting some mushies and the other chicks really into her E's,should be a good 2 nights,its right next to the beach and theres a bar on the beach that sells to underaged kids,2$ for a jug of beer!!!

Last edited: Jun 2, 2007
  9. La Coka Nostra

La Coka Nostra Elite Member

smoking utencils? lol.

I got friends who buy shit for me, like bongs, bowls, blunts, papers, and such. Most stores don't give a fuck if you buy a lighter. I know stores round my way that sell to minors though. And there is one Walgreens that keeps their dutches out in the open, so you can just grab em, and go into an isle and pocket em and walk out. Free Blunts :D

10. joker00

joker00 Elite Member

i asked the same question 2 a few friends a few weeks ago n they told me that if u cut it down the middle you will c some color in the middle and deepin on the color on the inside its good for u or its shit

ill post some flix of it n the color u shud look 4 in the near furture

11. percoset fun

percoset fun Senior Member

i know someone who had a reeeeaaly bad trip on salvia and its basicly ruined their life. my older sister was in the car when it happened.

they shouldent have been driving in the first place but did it anyway, im not sure how much they smoked, but they were on the way to tacobell when the parkway started disapearing infront of the car. fealing as though he was about to drive off a cliff he started doing u-turns on the highway for about 5 minutes everytime he turned around he was about to go off another clif. so he keppt driving doing a u tun than goingagainst traffic and doing another u-turn and what not.
    someone eventualy pulled the emergency brake and grabbed the wheel pulling the car over as the police showed up. for some reason he thought he was beeing chased by demons and had to get away as one of my sisters friends tried to keep him in the car he broke they nose and started running , punched another cop in the face and started hoppin fences after like 10 mins he was cought tring to get over a sound barrie, like a year and a half later hes still in jail he was about to go to a mad good college to. but that shit when down the drain.

12. sketch3

sketch3 Banned

sad shit, btw are u the c-money man

13. bobo9827

bobo9827 Elite Member

sad to here that.
    and thanks joker, thatd be dope

14. percoset fun

percoset fun Senior Member

yeah i was c-money fresh
    but i still repp mfpc harder than anyone else. you got aim dude? if you do hit me up in a p.m

15. fannypack uprock

fannypack uprock Elite Member

what they are referring to is whats known as 'bruising' of mushrooms. its when you squeeze or break the stems and things and you see a purple or blue-ish green color appear... this is usually a sign of psychoactive mushrooms.. although never go on that alone. picking your own mushrooms can obviously be a very dangerous idea... i would suggest a mushroom identification book or similar site to make sure youve got what youre looking for.

16. 2KoS

2KoS Senior Member

Shrooms go amazing with weed. Amazing.

17. mattFOO

mattFOO Senior Member

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C79NXpLjfos&NR=1

weed song.

Dried Psilocybe Azurescens
    awww.shroomery.org_attachments_oldimages_18393_21897.jpg

Psilocybe Cubensis (Gulf Coast strain) growing out of cow dung in the wild (Florida
    awww.shroomery.org_attachments_oldimages_18393_21926.jpg

All active Psilocybe mushrooms contain the same main substances which are psilocybin, psilocin and to a lesser degree baeocystin and norbaeocystin. The amounts and proportions of those 4 key components varies among different species and strains. Alongside with those 4 main components there are many other substances, which by them self don't have a described psychoactive effect, but might very well have a slight modifying effect on the psychoactive properties of the key components.
    Another likely cause for the different effect of different mushrooms is the influence of the effect of stomach contents and set and setting on the psychedelic experience.
    The use of any hallucinogen involves "set," i.e. mind-set, mood, emotional state and "setting," the environment and/or people with whom one is tripping at the time. The combination of set and setting in conjunction with the effects of the drug produce the kind of trip one has, good or bad. People do experience psychotic breaks from reality in a bad trip and this can be extremely traumatic with long-term and lingering after effects. A good trip can be very euphoric and transcendent in comparison

What are hydroponic mushrooms?

Hydroponic mushrooms are normal shrooms.

function f(){ return (window.frames['tabframe'] ? window.frames['tabframe'] : parent.window.frames['tabframe']); } It's important to note that mushrooms are not plants, they are fungi. The only things that are grown hydroponically are plants.

Hydroponic mushrooms are normal shrooms. It's fairly common for people to call shrooms grown indoors "hydro" though, because people associate that word with high quality (which is mostly the case with hydroponically grown weed).

It's fairly common for people to call mushrooms that have been grown indoors "hydro" because people associate that word with indoor cultivation, having a high quality and being excellent in appearance (which is typically the case with the expensive strains of marijuana).
    However, mushrooms are not grown hydroponically! Calling them "cultivated" as opposed to "picked" would be the accurate thing to say.
    The dictionary.com definition of "hydroponic" is:
    "Cultivation of plants in nutrient solution rather than in soil."
    Psilocybe cubensis mushrooms are traditionally cultivated using compost or brown rice flour "cakes" - not a liquid solution by itself. Thus they are not at all grown hydroponically.

18. fannypack uprock

fannypack uprock Elite Member

19. sketch3

sketch3 Banned

naa sorry man aint got aim, but i been skoolin fools in the uk bout the dangers off pulpless juice for ya

20. graffnation

graffnation Member

Sorry if I sound like a square, but driving on salvia or shrooms is just about the dumbest thing you could do! Also the salvia trip is only like 3-15 minutes then you just get a nice body high, but people definately have bad trips on it.
    Felonious Crunk