Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Photography

Discussion in 'Picture gallery' started by Fube, Dec 20, 2007.

Share This Page

1. .A.K.4.7.

.A.K.4.7. Elite Member

2. kmcdon3960

kmcdon3960 Elite Member

3. tha boy in da corner

tha boy in da corner Elite Member

Not stirring shit just awnsering your question:

AV apperture value
    TV time value

i own a 1000D and i have a dedicated iso button.
    awww.letsgodigital.org_images_artikelen_6_eos_rebel_xs.jpg

I dont know shit about photography but this whole fuss about wich brand is better make me smile. I think some guys on here can produce stuff with disposable cameras thats way better than what i could do with the fancyest of the fancy camera and the other way around. No matter the brand/size/weight/media you use if you are a toolbag you're a toolbag.

(not calling anybody a toolbag)

4. thesecks

thesecks Senior Member

hmm

5. .A.K.4.7.

.A.K.4.7. Elite Member

You're a good good man, I can't help but just think canon is inferior, of course minus the 1D which is incredible. I was definitely wrong about the ISO button. Do canon's have auto ISO?

6. Boris The Blade

Boris The Blade Member

brand doesn't matter, what you take matters. Who cares if you're using a point and shoot taking badass photos, when the twat next to you has a Nikon d3, taking shite pictures? Only the photo counts, not the camera. However, I'm not gonna lie, having a nice camera just makes it easier x]

Love:
    afarm5.static.flickr.com_4015_4276717417_e573bf9294_o.png
    afarm3.static.flickr.com_2771_4275473832_8a10c85c4d_o.png
    afarm5.static.flickr.com_4042_4275473736_79843ab119_o.png

7. Bets369R

Bets369R Elite Member

8. .A.K.4.7.

.A.K.4.7. Elite Member

9. .A.K.4.7.

.A.K.4.7. Elite Member

I know what they do, but calling them TV is and AV is what I was laughing about. I suppose it's cos Nikon already copywrited using A and S which make much more sense. Why are people so staunch about using M constantly? I dunno about you but I shoot too fast to have to worry about setting correct exposure every single time.

10. kmcdon3960

kmcdon3960 Elite Member

It's pretty silly, I think, to stay on manual 100% of the time. AV and TV are extremely useful modes, say you want to shoot a moving bird, you'd use tv. You're shooting portriats and you want them to all be f/2.8? av.

Manual mode is for night shots, off camera flash, and getting the camera to do stuff that it won't do in a program mode.

@ak: my xsi has auto-iso, but it's not the same as nikons. Mine will automatically select from 100-200-400-800, I think the nikon will go in between.

I think both canon and nikon have stepless shutter and aperture when in a program mode.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2010
  11. ManFromDaMoon

ManFromDaMoon Senior Member

in my opinion it the indian that makes the arrow. and on that note, i need a cheap/semi-rugged camera so i dont have to take my nikon through mosh pits. anything?

12. kmcdon3960

kmcdon3960 Elite Member

another nikon body that you will get on ebay used for cheap.
    You gotta get the guerilla grip, I go in the mosh pits with camera and flash gilden-style, and shoot from a foot away. I've been knocked over a few times. You gotta never let go, and know how to fall. Never try to catch yourself when you fall, just hug the camera and try to fall on your back.

[Broken External Image]:http://images.rapidhate.org/d/5127-2/IMG_8416.jpg

13. Bets369R

Bets369R Elite Member

when i shoot action sports, or something fast paced, then maybe ill go into aperture mode, but normally im using strobes and have complete control over my lighting, so i can still shoot fast in manual, cause i know exactly what the light is doing.

HDR
    ai36.photobucket.com_albums_e41_sirhc11_StevenFinal.jpg

ai36.photobucket.com_albums_e41_sirhc11_IMG_2055.jpg

14. .A.K.4.7.

.A.K.4.7. Elite Member

Yeah, can't shoot auto with lighting.

15. ManFromDaMoon

ManFromDaMoon Senior Member

16. Bets369R

Bets369R Elite Member

im sorry but you completely misinformed lol.

if you want to shoot a portrait in 2.8...which i dont know why anyone would cause it would put the eyes in focus and the nose would have bokeh on it...you would put the camera into manual, set the aperture at 2.8, set your shutter speed to whatever will freeze the motion, while providing enough light to expose the subject.

maybe you just use AV mode because you dont know how to adjust properly in manual, but i guarantee once you learn, youll have a better quality picture 100% of the time, because you have full control instead of just partial.

Also, magazines and newspapers wont accept a photo that wasnt shot in manual. Editors are fucking picky when it comes to that. all the metadata needs to be attached and the photo has to be raw and untouched. If you plan on keeping your photography a hobby, then do whatever you please. myself, i cant see calling someone a photographer when all theyre doing is framing and pressing a button. Learn how to shoot in manual, trust me.

17. kmcdon3960

kmcdon3960 Elite Member

Move along.
    Obviously you haven't been reading this thread for a very long time, because if you had, you'd know that I shoot film on manual cameras that don't even have meters. That's okay though, I can't expect everyone to do their research.

18. .A.K.4.7.

.A.K.4.7. Elite Member

I dissagree with virtually everything you just said. :p

Having eyes in focus makes a portrait in my opinion. What you said is mostly opinion not fact. I struggle to see how shooting manually at f/2.8 is any different to shooting 2.8 in aperture priority mode. Perhaps to let in more light with a slower shutter speed, but otherwise, the depth of field stays the same. I feel like some cat think they are elite cos they only shoot manual, it's stupid.

"lso, magazines and newspapers wont accept a photo that wasnt shot in manual."

Seriously, this is just wrong.

You're talking like we don't know how to take photographs, stop it right now and give us more respect than that !

19. Bets369R

Bets369R Elite Member

of course having the eyes in focus makes a portrait, but shooting at 2.8 would put the nose OOF, which will kill the portrait..unless thats the look your going for.

my point was, learn how to use the camera to its full potential, or you might as well be shooting with a P&S. most P&S cameras have aperture modes on them.

Edit: and you cant use strobes unless your in manual mode, so if you plan on using strobes anytime soon, might wanna start learning that "M" mode now..

20. kmcdon3960

kmcdon3960 Elite Member

some magazines won't accept digital images under a specified resolution, and some magazine's won't accept digital images. at all.