Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Throwies

Discussion in 'Toys forum' started by Fube, Apr 10, 2008.

Share This Page

1. Cisco

Cisco Member

what do i need to do before this gets put into paint? talking more about formation of letters, ill play with adding shadow and colours later on
    all crits appreciated
    P1171145.jpg

2. SkateJunt

SkateJunt Senior Member

3. DaFugg

DaFugg Senior Member

Never got crits. Not sure what I'm doing so I at least would like feedback.

4. Skaep

Skaep Member

A couple starting points i guess.. crits appreciated

throw idea.jpg

5. PETER

PETER Elite Member

Fugg: I'm not one to crit throws as I don't really have a remotely decent one... but that's a little rough. I can't read it at all. try to simple it up and give your letters more deffinition. Don't fuck with decoration yet. Get your letters down.
    Cisco: That's not a bad start. I assume it's DSP. Make that first letter a little more clear and get the top and bottom of your P to look not so broken.

6. Evow1

Evow1 Senior Member

7. Phat 2

Phat 2 Elite Member

8. MN Nice

MN Nice Elite Member

I don't like that at all.

9. DaFugg

DaFugg Senior Member

Says Light. I thought it was pretty clear? Any more specific on what I did wrong? Like I said I'm not really getting throws easily either haha

10. PETER

PETER Elite Member

the L looks kinda like a cartoon middle finger. The I works, but the thing on the right side makes it a little awkward. The G could use some deffinition, it looks like it's collapsing on it's self. the H is hiding. The T looks like something just stuck on the end... maybe a C. Not trying to be harsh I struggle with them too. Only throw I've got is some boxes....

11. DaFugg

DaFugg Senior Member

Thanks dude. Yeah it's hard for me to define my letters yet keep them in the same style. So I made sacrifices. Back to work.

12. Phillip McDougall

Phillip McDougall Elite Member

yeah

13. ChadWarden

ChadWarden Elite Member

you're trying too hard to make your letters connect. neither the v-e nor the n-o are defined. i would think this read vnm, no vowels. the top and bottom "lines" makes this awkward, too. the v is short, the n even more so, the m has more height than both of them and it together they look bad. also, i just dont think the icecream swirl bottoms are working.

if it makes you feel better, i was feeling that straight letter highway spot you did. :)

14. Phat 2

Phat 2 Elite Member

hmm... aight back to the drawing board I guess then...
    anybody care to hit me with some venom throws to check what's good ?

edit: come to think about it, I actually intended to make it a vnm throw, bit then noticed I could throw a couple holes in the v and n and make it venom.

but suppose those holes didn't exist, and the throw actually read vnm instead of the whole venom word. and the tops of the m were shorter to match the height of the v and n..
    suppose I made all those modifications and even lost the pointy bottoms. what would you think of it then? chadwarden?

I'll post a flick of the modified one later

Last edited: Jan 18, 2012
  15. Zookyook

Zookyook Elite Member

dont change ur name phat... i definitely read that throw as VNM though didnt even see the E or O til CW mentioned it... i say work on new phat2 throws if anything... venom is a shitty name and u actually put in work getting the name u have out there... i was told i might wanna change my name cuz theres a nems in ohio... but theres no nemor, and im not gonna throw away all that time and paint just because my name is kinda like someone else in my home state... sometimes the rules should be bent, no reason u shouldnt keep writing phat2

16. Phat 2

Phat 2 Elite Member

I have the only 2 reasons I need bro.
    1- I'm bored with phat2
    2- I like venom better

Nothing's going to waste man. I practiced a hell lot with phat2, gotten well up and all city with it and had just about all the fun I can have with it. and I couldn't care less if venom's over used or if it's a shitty name. I like it, and that's about all I need to do to start writing it. liking a name is enough to write it dude... The rules never were straight to be bent really.. hehe.

now if it's not too much to ask, can you hit me with some crits if you have anything to add to CW's or if you disagree with anything he said?

17. Mori

Mori Senior Member

I think it def reflects what you had going with phat in my opinion. But that attempt is very heavy toward the tail end. I am a fan of the three letter throw ups. Without the letter connections and an m to balance the end out and id say you got something
    2012-01-18 20.56.10.jpg
    2012-01-18 20.55.56.jpg

18. SynOne

SynOne Senior Member

Honestly, I agree with what has been said, Phat2 is a pretty beastly name, but I also see your side where you say you've had all the fun you can, which makes sense. Write Venom, do what you want. Plus, I can see that being a pretty sick word, and it also kinda goes with your job as a graphic artist, I've noticed you did some with Venom.

Mori - That full Venom is Sexy.

19. Skaep

Skaep Member

posted at the top...just wondering if a toy could get some crits

20. Mori

Mori Senior Member

Thanks syn, skaep, open up your letters so you can define it more as the letter you intend, they are to closed off and only resemble a rough shape of letters