Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

The Real Liquor Topic

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Kayone707, Jul 24, 2005.

Share This Page

1. vegimite on toast

vegimite on toast Elite Member

i drink it at the pub. like 40 cents extra than house beer per schooner

2. TastyMcNasty

TastyMcNasty Elite Member

theyre like 6 or 8 dollars a can, but fuck are they ever worth it.

what ive been drinkin lately.

tumblr_kx4g7yitNQ1qztd9io1_400.jpg

3. PulseWithLife

PulseWithLife Elite Member

yeah but ya cant compear james squire to SOL. Sols gotta be the best normal style brew ive ever had. Never purchased more then one. I get it cos its a 32 OZ. Just like when i go to 1st choice i get a 970ML of quilms. What beer in aus aint 4.5 percent. If ya want value go for a cube. make sure its west end draught. The best end is the west end

P8140004.jpg

The collection has begun

4. PulseWithLife

5. Tony

Tony Elite Member

its called brass monkey, or a compton sunrise... and its actually pretty good once in a while hahaha

6. twisties

twisties Elite Member

Plenty of beers in Australia aren't 4.5 but again you then have to get into micro beers and it becomes expensive. Most mainstream produced beers are certainly dropping from 5% to 4.5% and still keeping their price which i think is dumb.

SOL to me sorta tasted meh but then I've never been a huge fan of mexican beers but for that price I'm not going to knock it. Kinda reminded me of Bud. Can't even get West End here but I've looked.

7. FrEEk_nine-o-fizzle

FrEEk_nine-o-fizzle Elite Member

if you can get it theres an awesome canadian beer from ontario called creemore springs. its suuuuper tasty. and then ther is latrappe. a 10 beer made by trappist monks. mmmmmm its good

8. PulseWithLife

Sols like carona. Budwhiser is shit its made in South Australia any way. West end is great man when you can get it defiantly get ya hands on some. Compton sunrise ??? Beer cocktails aint cool with me even if its some shocking brew. If you can finish a 40 in under ten min why mix it ?

9. twisties

twisties Elite Member

I can order West End but then i gotta paid for shipping and it bumps up that price..urrrkk.....BUT if I do make an order from Dan Murphy I'll get some...I'm interested in it. And ye SOL is like Carona for sure. ATM if you get your Bud i read it's actual propper imported shit! Still I wouldn't bother..lol

Beer cocktails...WHY bother!?! I mixed a beer with lemonaid once...Never fucking again!

10. PulseWithLife

If ya find out the postage costs/if we can do it/ I will send ya a long neck of west end draught for free. no problem

11. Bilnek

Bilnek Senior Member

beer cocktails are eww :O

jager cola and redbull, favorite mix

12. twisties

twisties Elite Member

S'all good Pulse but thanks for the offer!

Today i was bored so I bought beer...uh-hu...

[Broken External Image]:http://www.ebottleo.com.au/images/Tooheys New 30 x 375ml Can.jpg
    Just like the cans better.

[Broken External Image]:http://www.warnersatthebay.com.au/images/uploads/cache/boags_draught_longneck-96x320.jpg
    3 of these for $14...Not bad price or taste. Yeah, LONGNECK version not the normal bottles.

Oh and while lookin through Dan Murphies website I found-
    adanmurphys.com.au_media_DM_Product_140x375_384111_0_9999_med_v1_m56577569837334554.jpg
    This fuckin thing costs..$10,700AU. You gotta be mad as hell to pay such a price.

13. PulseWithLife

any beer in a cube is a good choice besides carlton cold. i rekon its alot healthy to get drunk off to cos its more natural and got less shit in it. When i was drinkin alot of port the reaction i got from the preservatives was fucked. drink a carton and im all good. stick to brew. You gotta get yaself some Hammer N Tongs its made in tazzy

HAMMERNTONGS.jpg

''from J. Boag & Son Brewing in Launceston, Australia''

14. Tony

Tony Elite Member

its a little too sugary for my liking but lots of people seem to do it.... 40's have this amazing quality that makes it taste like warm piss no matter how cold it is.

if you think budweiser is shit..... malt liquor is cheaper than budweiser for a reason.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2011
  15. PulseWithLife

aye. Theres alot more shitter beer in aus then bud. Ive had some dog homebrew as well. I still wouldent put juice in it. If ya gotta be drinkin OE dont disrespect it by mixing it with juice. I aint got a biff with mixed drinks. but its BEER. Takes away the coolness of drinkin a 40 IMO. If ya cant kill the swill properly, Buy some thin ya can drink

16. seywhat

seywhat Elite Member

ai1204.photobucket.com_albums_bb420_knowledgebornwisdom_100_4215.jpg
    ai1204.photobucket.com_albums_bb420_knowledgebornwisdom_100_4217.jpg
    this is where its at. e and j and mountain dew plus chocolate blunts

17. twisties

twisties Elite Member

It's strange I cannot find that beer in any of my bottle shops at all. No idea but when I go up to Launny sometime I'll find some to bring home.

adanmurphys.com.au_media_DM_Product_140x375_371090_0_9999_med_v1_m56577569836508759.jpg
    I just scooped up a deal with these long necks..Usually about $80 for a carton but for me $22! It was going for $25 but one bottle was missing so the knocked $3 of it.

18. ribcage

ribcage Banned

damn, thats a deal!

Im broke, so last night me and my homie got a 12 pack of steel reserve 211... worst malt liquor ever. I didnt even know they made 12 packs til yesterday. Worst hang over ever, dont even have the desire to drink tonight

19. twisties

twisties Elite Member

That sounds really nasty..I had to google it cause we don't have it here...But found this on Urban Dictionary-

Also known as headache juice. Steel Reserve is a high gravity high alcohol content and cheaply made lager. Steel Reserve along with other malt liquors are the cheapest and easiest way to get drunk. The 211 has a horrible taste going down, and as most people who drink it will find, a horrible taste coming back up. However this taste does do an effective job of covering the alcohol. That together with its low carbonation allows for easy chugging. Steel Reserve is made and purchased for one thing and one thing only and thats to get drunk. One 24oz can will get you buzzed, two will get you drunk, and after three your in the bathroom hugging your new best friend, the toilet. If you drink it out of the glass don't expect to find a thick dark color like you would expect from a lager made with twice the ingredients of regular beer, instead you will find it has the distinct color and smell of pee.
    However for someone on a budget looking to get drunk Steel Reserve is by far the best bang for the buck, just pray you don't have to go into work in the morning.
    Guy 1: That Steel Reserve Stuff taste horrible.
    Guy 2: Yeah but it gets me hammered for only $2.99!

-

Yah, sounds like some shit to stay away from for sure.

20. ribcage

ribcage Banned

lol aye that pretty much describes it, bought a 12 pack for 7 bucks. Got pretty fuckin drunk, but unlike pretty much every other beer, it tastes worse the more you drink it. Its a god damn bargain tho, the key to not getting sick is to not stop moving. Once you finish it you dont go try to sit still or lay down, just keep movin around.