Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

The Skateboarding Thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ASEN, Apr 17, 2005.

Share This Page

1. thatkidyouknew

thatkidyouknew Elite Member

1,400 plus more haha saved up through out highschool to get it

2. aeSOP.314.

aeSOP.314. Senior Member

well worth it, you got the fish eye on that shiz? cuz i know those aint cheap

3. darkstar

darkstar Senior Member

wow thats alot shit post ur footy when the fucking winter ends

4. thatkidyouknew

Yeah thats the century optics mark one fish eye runs about 750 bucks
    haha when summer comes ill send footage, our team is going on a tour so i plan on getting mad footy!

5. unreal180

unreal180 Elite Member

skateboaring is nice

6. geneparmesan

geneparmesan Senior Member

haha, i definitely agree.
    but then again, this is "general discussion"
    but i also agree with the uniBomber, haha. im a rollerblader(yeah, laugh if you want.), but i bet i can do more, bigger, higher, longer shit than
    any skateboarder on this forum can. and of course i think rollerblading is better, haha. i remember seeing somewhere in another thread that skateboarders follow the whole "emo" scene and rollers follow the hiphop scene, i guess thats true. but ive been rolling for 6 years, and ive skated with rollers from all walks of life. Jeff Stockwell has the "emo" style, so does Colin Kelso, Ramelle Knight, and Mike "Murda" Johnson. go on youtube and look up those names. but i also think that rollerblading is doing ALOT bigger things than skateboarding. example; Ramelle Knight signed a deal with Dipset, and they know have a skate team called DipSkate. Ramelle Knight, Calvin Sayles, Julian Bah, & a few others. but whatever, enough of my babbling. haha.

Last edited: Feb 29, 2008
  7. WoeInfinite

WoeInfinite Elite Member

yo geneparmesan, your definetly right, bladers can do alot bigger, higher stuff. this one kid came to our skate park, dude, he drops in and goes off the pyramid, and gets like 30 feet of air, we all thought he was gonna die, but he was dope. ill admit, skateboarding does have a mostly emo scene to it, and i dont really know any rollerbladers though, but there are still alot of hip hop oriented skaters. definetly check out brandon biebel, jereme rogers, stevie williams, etc, theres alot. and idk, i think skateboarding is making a bigger boom right now.

8. thatkidyouknew

skateboarders are from from emo, it started in a time of when punk rock was at its higest point, therfore it was mostly punk but now a days things change i think skateboarding is moving toward the hip hop side like myself. I know there are them faggots who wear chick paints and TRY to skate to add to there fashion bag, but if anythink im starting to notice the the bladers pants are getting tighter and tighter and they are getting shorter and shorter, i know skateboarders will never get along with bladers, and its one thing i know roller bladers need to learn how to film and produce good film because when i watch there videos they are super grainey shitty colors and just not fun to watch

9. geneparmesan

geneparmesan Senior Member

whatttttttttttttttttttttttttttt, rolling videos are sick nasssssssty. on youtube you cant really tell(i dont know if thats where you saw them, just sayin.). order a video from B Unique, or Denial, or Genre Wheels. BEAST videos. im glad to see you guys got some fuckin heads on your shoulders. im surprised i didnt get a bunch of shit talking after that post, haha. i do got respect for skateboarders though. and yeah, there is quite a few emo style rollers, haha. both sports support both aspects of each lifestyle, emo, and hiphop. either way. both make good entertainment.

10. dcite

dcite Elite Member

i'm on your side but geez bud get the picture straight. ramelle night and murda having an 'emo' style? well i dont know who calls it emo anymore but either way these rollers in no way symbolize what you are talking about. and throwing out 'dipskate' as a big thing rollerbladers are doing? even being an ex-rollerblader, i can name a thousand things 'bigger' in the skateboarding industry than that, hahah. dipset stinks anyways.
    and i will always be more of a roller than a skateboarder, but it is definitely apparent that the quality of skateboarding videos is always on the cutting edge compared to rolling. there are obviously some awesome rolling videos being made right now but alot of them seem to lack the heart and 'soul' some classic great skateboarding movies capture so greatly..

if youre going to defend rollerblading, dont just spit out wacky info..

Last edited: Feb 29, 2008
  11. WoeInfinite

WoeInfinite Elite Member

YEAH! that kid at the skatepark showed us some of that denial video i think, it was pretty tight, but idk, theres nothing like being on the board bro...and yeah, to thatkidyouknew, your right, skateboarding will always be connected to punk, but yeah, most of the skaters are gettin in the hip hop side, with companies like DGK, SK8MAFIA, DC is gettin more into hip hop and graffiti culture, so skateboarding is going through big changes

12. ESKiMO2

ESKiMO2 Elite Member

aa man. My friend did a rail with a fuckin 7 foot drop and he landed it... on his ass. I don't skate I used to do it to get around in some places without too many people.

13. thatkidyouknew

eh idk if you were to compare videos you would see that skateboarding filmers and editiors really step the bar up in quality but i dont hate roller bladers at all some of my close friends blade and thats more people to have a fun sesh down town, i get pumped when i see them do a handrail or gaps then i get jazzed up to try somthing nuts.
    Either way i hate bikers snooty nosed pricks

14. darkstar

darkstar Senior Member

its only emo is u want it to be, i mean come on you can wear tight pants with a huge shirt whats the emo hop? wtf?

15. thatkidyouknew

eh thats a style in skateboarding that i wish never happend it looks so bad boys wearing girls jeans and then they sport a big ass gangsta shirt?
    i mean what the hell its like mixing a kkk member with a person from the united negro foundation........
    just doesnt work

16. ESKiMO2

ESKiMO2 Elite Member

I think it happens when exposed to large amounts of radiation.

17. darkstar

darkstar Senior Member

haha yeah its almost spring so ill have some footy coming along

18. thatkidyouknew

what set up are you rocking please sare
    hahaha
    i tried to make a filmers thread but never got approved....

19. darkstar

darkstar Senior Member

haha all blank no names

20. thatkidyouknew