Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Tips And Rules For Stores

Discussion in 'Tools and tips' started by Brian Peppers, Apr 7, 2007.

Share This Page

1. Writenamehere

Writenamehere Member

and one thing about alarms, in the shop where i work there is 3 kind pricetags
    Red(no alarm) Yellow(alarm) and yellow (no alarm). alarm one has shiny backside, so to be sure take pricetags off

2. Pilsner

Pilsner Member

By the porcelain and glass paint/decorating supplies. Etch is supposed to be used on that sort of stuff. I'd recommend racking a few smaller bottles rather than the jumbo size since the small ones are easy to handle and you don't want to be spilling etch everywhere.

As for racking spray paint from Michaels, if there is a cage your screwed. Me and my friends can usually get away with 4 cans easy just stuffing cans between out belt and backpack then walking out. I'd imagine a quick swipe into a backpack and a swift getaway but thats risky.

3. _Dust_

_Dust_ Senior Member

the etch in my michels is near the wood works in the back corner

4. "OPTIK"

"OPTIK" Member

Find a dollar store, and get paint. You can get a shit load of cans easy. Just buy something so they don't get suspicious.

5. meRlin68

meRlin68 Senior Member

heres a good scam i saw a heroin junky do on youtube
    go in2 a cleaners and steal the recept book wen the persons not lookin
    go in2 a restraunt w/ a recipt thats under $20 and tell them "my wife/sister/whutever came in here last week and got ur sauce on her dress cuz sum1 left it on the chair, i dont care, but she wants u 2 pay her for the cleaning bill"
    most restraunts, if its less than $20, will pay it w/ little question 2 avoid problems...just do it 2 every restraunt around and u can make good money

6. tense

tense Elite Member

its easier wit 2 ppl just open up ur backpack a little bit and get ur friend to put them in, saves a lotta hassel

7. SoSh

SoSh Member

The key to smooth racking is always buy something!! Yes, I will be in the marker aisle at Pearl or Micheals for an hour, but if I spend ten bucks on new markers, but cop ten times that, it's worth it. If you are a paying customer, they just assume you are there looking for what you need. Oh and also ask bullshit questions. An unexperienced thief is very shady and nervous, but if you ask them something and are polite and even crack a few jokes, they are less likely to be up your ass. Just my experiences. :)

8. Nicht hellig

Nicht hellig Banned

here at walmart the big guys tell us to never chase someone EVER .. shit man i was talking to the fake ass law enforcement here and they wont even do shit but call the cops

9. tense

tense Elite Member

so does paint have tags on them that set off alarms?

10. SoSh

SoSh Member

I've worked in stores before and paint usually doesn't have security tags on them. I have seen them get crafty and put one inside the top, but that's it. (and who needs tops anyway??) So just pretend you are looking at the tip and glance and see if there is a security tag. Unless you are in a high crime area usually there are not security tags on paint. But there is that funny sign that says if you are a minor and caught defacing property, you can lose or license and if you are an adult you will have community service. Hell. I rather have community service. You minors have it rough. :D

11. tense

tense Elite Member

community service aint shit lol, i was just stressin bout tryin to rack my walmart, i think its more heat tryin to jack a mom and pop store though, those guys r determined lol ive heard alot of bs on the inernet bout the metal cans setting off the alarms, is that tru?

12. SoSh

SoSh Member

No. I work at a store that has sensormatic alarms (like Walmart) and I have walked thru my alarms with paint and nothin. Sensormatics are only set off by a certian type of metal. I am not sure about the science of it all, but I know Walmart wouldn't tag a four dollar can of Krylon. They can afford to lose that shit. :)

13. tense

tense Elite Member

FUKIN TITE, i can jack from that shit now, i already scoped the shit out, i can just take the paint too the craft ailse(no cameras) and fukin put that shit in my bag and walk out the fukin door! fuk it im gonna jack home depot and canadian tire too, i hate giant stores:)

14. Nicht hellig

Nicht hellig Banned

at the walmart i work at we have absolutley nothin on the cans to set off the alarm .. if they did a cashier SHOULD swipe them over a device that makes a weird sound to deactivate it and when i buy paint nno cashier has ever done that .... ive walked through the alarm thingys with no trouble .... even if the alarm goes off at walmart jus get lost quick and get out i doubt a greeter would chase you like i said there not allowed to

most items that set off the alarms are expensive electronics or appliances jus to warn you guys ... dvds software vid games phones and so on

idk if this helps but this is my 2 cents ..

fuck you sam walton lol

15. OSET SBK

OSET SBK Member

racking is so easy once u have your paint etc just go buy some cheap sweet or something

16. KrookONE

KrookONE Senior Member

i must have a concience or something...because ive gottten such a habit of boostin shit that i steal stupid shit...shit thats cheap that i can afford and then think about when i get home..like "damn this shit was 96 cents" oh well

17. KrookONE

KrookONE Senior Member

exactly...really ..exactly

18. SPEZI

SPEZI Member

i've heard that if u take one of those tags that set of alarms that have been deactivated, and rub it with a magnet for 30 seconds it'll reactivate it. so im wondering if you can reverse that while ur in the store so the tag 'll deactivate. any1 no what im talkin about?

19. Nicht hellig

Nicht hellig Banned

no but i can experiment with that theory next time i go to work

20. Irulebabey

Irulebabey Member

i dont got my license yet so next time my friend wants to go to the city we hittin up walmart... i hate buying paint... runs out too quick for me... i need some markers and a nex black book...haha walmart's gonna get owned