Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Photography

Discussion in 'Picture gallery' started by Fube, Dec 20, 2007.

Share This Page

1. ShIfTeD

ShIfTeD Elite Member

that level that fits into the hot shoe is pretty sick...i still need a new tripod so i said i might as well just get a tripod with a level built in ya know?

the 5th picture actually had a few swans in the little pond thing, so unnecisary

ares, what do you mean by the warp tool, like..using it to put the buildings back into shape?

also on my main post..i had two pics of the very top of a building...just added those because i was really amazed with how close up i could get that lense...that building was giant

2. PERVERTO

PERVERTO Banned

By warp tool, do you mean lens correction filter, cos that is what is used to correct parralell lines and avoid the distortion caused by looking up at buildings with wide angle lenses etc. And ares is also right, forget those silly leveling tools u stick in the hot shoe, leveling your photos does not really matter when the shot has been taken, try to be as stright as you can, but its no big deal correcting it later in photoshop or lightroom.

Shifted the one of the walkway tunnel is your strongest photo there, its mean.

After shooting some architecture with my crappy tripod you start to realise why pro's spend thousands on manfrotos. if your serious then invest in something real good, saves just having to buy it later.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2009
  3. PERVERTO

PERVERTO Banned

The lens correction tool can be used to avoid this, which happens when shooting architecture from other than level angles and wide angle lenses

[Broken External Image]:http://www.adobe.com/designcenter/photoshop/articles/phscs2mrcorrect/phscs2mrcorrect_1.jpg

pro architecture photographers use large format cameras to avoid this, which do this inside the camera.

awww.kgcphoto.com_Reviews___Tutorials_Shen_Hao_4x5.jpg

this thread is great btw, good shit fellas

Last edited: Sep 11, 2009
  4. PERVERTO

PERVERTO Banned

5. PERVERTO

PERVERTO Banned

ares bruv, post some photos
    :)

6. thesecks

thesecks Senior Member

7. PERVERTO

PERVERTO Banned

Yeah, i bought some flashes and triggers a while back, they are a lot of fun.

8. immoral

immoral Elite Member

I am looking for a reasonably priced Nissin DI-466 (ETTL) so if you have one or know of one for cheap, let me know

9. PERVERTO

PERVERTO Banned

why that particular flash? there are hundreds of sunpak flashes on ebay for cheap as chips, you'll need a set of flash triggers if you are thinking of using lighting.

10. immoral

immoral Elite Member

It will work with my SX10 IS, and I need an external flash for bandshoots while in concert.
    Any tips?

11. PERVERTO

PERVERTO Banned

shouldn't any TTL flash work with that camera? even not ttl, on manual mode.

if I were you, sell your point and shoot and buy a d40 or equivalent SLR, and a cheap nikon or canon TTL flash, especially if your shooting moving subjects like bands.

12. immoral

immoral Elite Member

Im putting away the money for a Canon EOS 5D Mark 2

13. PERVERTO

PERVERTO Banned

14. ShIfTeD

ShIfTeD Elite Member

got a torch today

ai224.photobucket.com_albums_dd99_powerfulimpakt_1_9.jpg
    ai224.photobucket.com_albums_dd99_powerfulimpakt_2_10.jpg
    ai224.photobucket.com_albums_dd99_powerfulimpakt_8_6.jpg
    ai224.photobucket.com_albums_dd99_powerfulimpakt_5_6.jpg

nothing special about the water tower...i just thought it was cool how far the torch worked

15. ShIfTeD

ShIfTeD Elite Member

so recently ive had like reflections from lights showing up in my pictures

you can see in the bottom 2...how do i get rid of this? its ruining a good number of my photos

some light trails...

ai224.photobucket.com_albums_dd99_powerfulimpakt_3_8.jpg
    ai224.photobucket.com_albums_dd99_powerfulimpakt_4_7.jpg
    ai224.photobucket.com_albums_dd99_powerfulimpakt_7_6.jpg

16. ShIfTeD

ShIfTeD Elite Member

this entire picture is a good example, this is non-edited...this shits really pissing me off

ai224.photobucket.com_albums_dd99_powerfulimpakt_11111.jpg

17. immoral

immoral Elite Member

18. vegimite on toast

vegimite on toast Elite Member

i'm not an expert at all but as far as i know you have to either take the photo from a point where there's no lights like that in the way or use a lens shade and position it properly

theres probably a better way to work around it that i don't know about but thats what i do

....or you could take the photos during the day :D

19. immoral

immoral Elite Member

What about some sort of filter?

20. thesecks

thesecks Senior Member

lens hoods help, or just get a bit of cardboard and shade it from reflections whilst being out the shot