Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Can Control Problems

Discussion in 'Tools and tips' started by the infamous one, Oct 16, 2004.

Share This Page

1. maze.dsk

maze.dsk Senior Member

try thins for out lines, i perfer ny thins, but i also use ny fats for my out lines
    so i dunno i think its justb u hahah cuz i havent been writing for long and the only reason i would get drips is cuz i use cheapos, u may wan to try the krylons or rustos, or if you have the money use beltons or montanas

2. daloner

daloner Member

was thinner, germans outlines or ny thins?

3. bla

bla Senior Member

sometimes the paint dont mix. for example you cannot write with black ontop of a silver montana paint, it drips because they just dont mix. Maybe thats your problem.

4. Mekas

Mekas Senior Member

Haha man did you learn that one the hard way or what?

5. mplsghost

mplsghost Member

id say ny thins and close but fast like 4inches or closer and fast let off before you stop movin your hand, the surface can fuck it up like if theres condensation or anything like that it will drip easy as fuck. ive had germans fuck up when is really cold out like they fucking spew liquid out around the bottom

6. Kilo

Kilo Senior Member

well if your out line'n with black use mtn xl cans i think it is the xl can, it has tar in it man. no drip. you can go as slow as you want ive found and its in a 600 or 500 ml can? cant remember, go check it out..

7. clone20

clone20 Senior Member

you need a high pressure can and don't hold the can close to the wall.. :ph34r:

8. esso-two

esso-two Member

keep the movement smooth and keep the same speed while you're doing a line

9. Paint Magic

Paint Magic Elite Member

either you suck or your paint sucks

10. minor crimes

minor crimes Elite Member

low pressure cans are wear it is for outlines. if ur doing an inline do the inline first then ur black. but if ur guna do ur bubbles a diff ocolour then ur final outline do ur bubbles straight after ur fill and b4 ur black outline and use skinny caps.

11. fake

fake Member

some colors drip more than others sliver black and heavy colors seem to drip like a bitch whith me.

12. To.The.Beat

To.The.Beat Senior Member

Deal with the drips and then cut them back or just use a fatcap.
    Grey dots are dope, my favorite. They clog easy on thick paint but are low pressure enough to get nice lines on shit paint and not clog.

13. Deph.One

Deph.One Member

don't use belton stocks

you mean the black ones with the white dot ?

cause they drip loads

try using a diffrent paint maybe ?

a lower pressure can

don't have the can all up to the wall as well

if you hold it away and it flares a bit

go over it n make the line crisp

try not to make it flare diffrent sizes though

keep it the same distance + angle

14. crozzy

crozzy Member

if your using beltons, they have a variable valve system so theyre low pressure if you push down just a little bit, then higher pressure when you fully push down the cap. but unless your moving like a sloth, you wont really get drips with beltons.

15. Kayone707

Kayone707 Moderator

if your dripping with stock beltons find another hobby

16. Divine89

Divine89 Senior Member

so THATS why my lines get drippy! and i'm still toy.:( i hate stock caps...

17. Phantazm

Phantazm Senior Member

Stock caps are really unfriendly towards painting in general cause they have this spray line that sprays an extremely thick line because the cans are intended for painting stuff really fast and getting a coat on an object. Use the german outlines i find the ones with the grey on the tip is really really nice the line is really thin and if you de-pressurize the can it'll make an outline that is almost faded looking cause it has such a small amount of paint on it. NEVER NEVER use stock caps unless if you're doing throwies tags or just outlines. Full color pieces or even throwies with color come out really bad with stock caps because the paint is so thick that once it makes contact with other paint it globs up into drips thats what your problem is.. you start painting and painting a sick outline then you apply your fill and any contact with the outline makes a mess... hope this helps GERMAN OUTLINE grey =P

Last edited: Jun 20, 2008
  18. vus_01

vus_01 Member

german outline FTW.....for outlines, the best.

so, i have one question....for mtn black-silver 750mL which cap is best for fillin on throwups and not to drip....i tried some caps but don't know...it has a too big pressure...so anyone knows?

19. Phantazm

Phantazm Senior Member

I use the flat head spray tip which sprays a line rather than a circle, you can grab these caps from the rustoleum flourescent spray line its really good for fills especially on a low pressure can use the upside down method to de-pressurize any spray can, hold it upside down and spray until air comes out and wait about 10 seconds and it should be enough and if you don't notice the difference keep letting the air out...hope this helps

20. vus_01

vus_01 Member

yeah....here, we don't have anything than a montana german (yea i'm from europe)

but i had one cap...it's called transversal/calygraphy.....

i'll try that...and thx :)

AND YEA, TRY THIS ONE. MAN HAS THE BEST CAN CONTROL EVER.
    CLICK HERE