Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

How To Get Legal Walls?

Discussion in 'Tools and tips' started by SPINage, Mar 21, 2006.

Share This Page

1. beenefupe

beenefupe New Member

2. toopski

toopski Guest

haha tbh either ask around

ask ppl who have done it or what not sometimes hard if ur not well known

or ask the owner ez as that they say no kk bye, they say yes kk paint it

3. sheistbugzNY

sheistbugzNY Senior Member

checking craigslist is always good also. If you're anywhere near queens there are a lot of legal walls along the 7 line with a lot of visibility from the train. On 59th st and roosevelt ave theres a ladder to a rooftop above Peters Locksmith(next to the church) that you can tag up and the owner doesn't care, so it wont get buffed out, just painted over by someone else.

4. zachatnca

zachatnca Senior Member

i hate legal grafitti, i think a major element of graffiti is the illegalness of it. like banksy said "if graffiti was legal it wouldn't change anything." i dont think any business owner in there right mind would let you bomb there building you would probably have to pay them haha. the first and only time i did a legal piece it was on a huge wall on someones roof. 2 weeks later it was written over by some prick that somehow got up on his roof. fuck legal graf

5. kwu

kwu Senior Member

^ illegalness? hahah well.. first off quoting banksy on graffiti automatically makes you a faggot. secondly.. a business owner obviously wouldn't permit bombing... the idea behind legal walls is to benefit both the writers and the business owners. And your "legal Piece" must have been shitty enough for it to get disrespected.. and obviously if you got up there other writers could too.

6. zachatnca

zachatnca Senior Member

no i got up there because i knew someone who lived there. apparently another artist did too. I'm not going to argue whether my piece was shitty or not. i simply stated my opinion on legal graffiti

7. kwu

kwu Senior Member

Good, we both agree that it was shit LOL but on the real, legal walls would fall under the same systematic category as blackbooking, canvas piecing, and gallery shows, which all allow writers to showcase their skill on a next level, and just because they're legal doesnt make em any less graffiti. Some of my favorite writers who destroyed our city when they were younger now do collaborative legals with kats from others cities in our downtown and its some of the best shit this city's ever seen, and its there to stay because it's a legal wall. So ye, get your head outa banksy's ass practice your shit and maybe your "legal piece" might run for longer than two weeks.

8. Vergz

Vergz Member

If you want to do sum legal burners you have to find a house or business that already have pieces on it.Those are the people that will most likely let you bomb there shit.You don't want to bomb someones shit that's been rocking for a couple weeks.The best thing is to bomb the shit that's had a piece that been rocking for a min.They will most likely let you go over that person piece.In make sure you have written permission to paint whoever wall your gonna be painting.That will come in handy if the nazi roll up.Plus if you want to could keep the written permission for future legals walls.There are mad legal wall on every block where i live.More people are into graff artist painting there wall with burners instead gang related tags in toys.

9. subcyde

subcyde Senior Member

bring a ladder to a high legal wall it lessens the chance of someone fucking it up and take alot of time doing it

10. CANADIANA

CANADIANA Senior Member

the best legal walls are ones that arent open to just anyone...but just certain writers or crews. my town has two legals that anyone can paint and then theres a few businesses that offer legals but you have to show them what your doing before you start painting.