Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Wheatpasting 'n Posters

Discussion in 'Tools and tips' started by DNA, Nov 19, 2004.

Share This Page

1. RaZoR123

RaZoR123 Senior Member

What about Razor's question? Shyyyyt....i answer ALL your questions, no matter how dumb, .......and people just ignore my one question.....how heart breaking....

2. GHOST 2-5-2

GHOST 2-5-2 Senior Member

try one of those bottles hair dye comes in it has a little squirt thing on it you could use a nail as a cap that do most likely work

3. RaZoR123

RaZoR123 Senior Member

Thank you....but now i need hair dye haha....

4. GHOST 2-5-2

Or Try A Relish OR KATSUP Bottle Those Should Work

5. fnt

fnt Senior Member

maybe you need to squeeze a line out, stop squeezing for a second so it fills back up with air, then do another line, and so on, so that the air will push the paste out. I sometimes have trouble squeezing some mops and getting the ink to come out as much as I want.

6. cerex89

cerex89 Senior Member

i travel my wheat paste in a mini paint bucket and a brush and it works well

7. RaZoR123

RaZoR123 Senior Member

I think then mine may be too thick, because the air wont pass all the way through to the bottom....it doesnt make it haha.

8. FIN one

FIN one Senior Member

haha try a squirt gun or sumthin. i think if you took a katchup bottle from a restaraunt it would work fine after u cleaned it

9. RaZoR123

RaZoR123 Senior Member

I figured out that it was the fact that my paste is too thick....so i thinned it out, and now its all good....

10. ...Syerf

...Syerf Senior Member

yeh i got the idea from a local writer and it sounds like a very very good idea..get up fast, hard to get down if you do it right...and you can take your time at your own house to make something totally sick to put in a hotspot..better then stencils and if you get caught i would bet you would be in less trouble, cuz it isnt as permenent as paint...sounds like a pretty winning idea to me

11. RaZoR123

RaZoR123 Senior Member

I read that somebody used 1 Part Elmers, 1 Part Water and they've had posters up for years.......that is the oddest thing i've ever heard......

12. RaZoR123

RaZoR123 Senior Member

BUMP!!! THATS IT! I VOTE WE START A NEW STICKIED WHEATPASTING THREAD WITH ALL THE GOOD INFO ON THE FRONT PAGE! LIKE THE INK DIRECTORY!

13. GHOST 2-5-2

sounds good razor you going to start it

14. RaZoR123

RaZoR123 Senior Member

I will, but how can i assure the mods will accept it?!?

15. GHOST 2-5-2

theres no way you can unless you become a mod overnight

16. Tagger101

Tagger101 Senior Member

at the bottom
    put
    do it mods
    do it for starving little ethiopian kids

17. RaZoR123

RaZoR123 Senior Member

Well, can everybody just vote for the thread and hope for the best?
    That would help and make Razor very happy...:D

18. Atom1er

Atom1er Senior Member

Sticky Sticky Sticky Sticky Sticky Sticky

19. RaZoR123

RaZoR123 Senior Member

NOT THIS ONE! THE NEW ONE!!!

20. C3ZR ONE

C3ZR ONE Moderator

I read the last page or 2 and became violently depressed... C'mon kids.. Way too much theorizing on what probably works and not enough trial and error.. That's the way you really figure out what works and what doesn't, but for what I can offer....

Don't worry about squirt bottles. Worry about getting your paste thin enough to simply splash it onto a surface with a wide mouthed bottle such as a i litter pop bottle or a fountain soda cup (64 oz, will hold alot of paste).

Don't worry about addatives to your paste. Flour, sugar, water. It get's you up longer than your funky little asses need to be up. Now focus on getting up more frequently and you won't have to worry about what keeps posters up longer....

Don't worry about starting a new thread. Plenty of good info was previously disclosed in this one, but you kids trashed it out with chit chat. That's why you can't find the good info.

Common problem with forums. 1,000 people want to ask the same questions over and over instead of looking for the answer that's already there, but they can't find it anyway, cuzz it's buried beneath the same 1000 questions....

Syerf- thanks for the recognition.;) If you get some concept ideas going, holler at me and I'll help you with all the fine tuning details. We'll make you front page homeboy.