Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Caps

Discussion in 'Tools and tips' started by Zeos, Sep 27, 2004.

Share This Page

1. planetaryduality

planetaryduality Senior Member

cross my heart the new elmers aint thins.
    they look excatly like boston thins, those r on stoner glass cleaner.

boston thins r good for little flairs an the new elmers r jus a bigger ass version
    of that cap basically.

thats the only reason i threw out that"boston fat" title

2. walkwiththelion

walkwiththelion Senior Member

i got to mess with a can of german montana and a pink dot today. Good lord. Crazy flares.

3. planetaryduality

planetaryduality Senior Member

i dont like pinks..atleast on rusto that is.
    they dump cans super quick an flairs eh okee..they cover quick tho oohwee, so much faster than rustofats

4. H3TT1NG3R

H3TT1NG3R Elite Member

someoen said some caps work on aa but not rusto?
    which ones?

5. MARTYRaz

MARTYRaz Banned

i copped a few canns of valspar today..ny fat works(kinda bursty if u kno wat i mean)..banana skinny..have yet to try the other caps..

**edit...balls...u said aa not valspar..im an ass..and im drunk..cheers

6. fnt

fnt Senior Member

Umm it's been a while since I was using female aa and pt all the time, but I remember grey dots, black dots, gold dimple dots, universal skinny.

7. jewsus

jewsus Member

If I'm bombing then Ghost Caps is where I'm at. Fattest lines ever, but Will waste your paint in about 6 bombs.

8. fnt

fnt Senior Member

Anyone who uses Rusto and hasn't tried making the stems on caps fatter needs to try it. I just used a yellow superfat on some rusto and it's awesome, ny fats are also really nice to be able to use.

I heated up the sharp side of a compass(like for drawing circles) with a lighter and pushed it in the stem and turned it around. It works really well, you just need to make sure you don't puch too hard or you'll make a hole in the top of the cap.

9. neb3636

neb3636 Banned

Any one know what "household" cans has a good thin for rusto?

10. MARTYRaz

MARTYRaz Banned

i tried it also..just shoved a pencil up in it..works great:)

11. H3TT1NG3R

H3TT1NG3R Elite Member

yea legit, i never tried heating it so i always thought it was gay and only worked for a sec.

then i heated it and it works ill.

12. Werse

Werse Elite Member

I acquired some rustos today, the 33 percent more big cans, and NY fats and pink dots work on them... I thought only rusto fats worked, I'm so pumped.

13. H3TT1NG3R

H3TT1NG3R Elite Member

pink dots only work for a lil while... it shud start flooding soon. u can widen the stem tho then it'll be good. same with ny fats

to my knowledge this is all that works as it coems on rusto:
    beige dots
    rusto fats
    stock tips
    banana skinnys
    red skinnys
    ny thins
    thats all i know

14. Werse

Werse Elite Member

How should I go about widening the stem, and what about the ny fats, I read on a few sites they work. BTW thanks for knowing everything hett.

15. H3TT1NG3R

H3TT1NG3R Elite Member

haha ive never used ny fats on a rusto myself, but my friend says they die aswell.

just look around for something metal, liek a nail that fits well inside the stem. then heat up the tip of the nail wiht a lighter, and stikc it in and wiggle it around and twist it until its wide enough, just take a rusto fat and make the stem a lil iwder than that

16. Werse

Werse Elite Member

Sweet thanks. I'll tell you how it goes.

17. fnt

fnt Senior Member

I never really used ny fats before, or at least not enough to appreciate them, but with the modded widened stems on rusto they are butter. They're awesome if you want a slow cap thats pretty fat.

lol the answer is right on this page. check out stoner glass cleaner, it's called "invisible glass" and it's for cars. It's in one of the paint aisles at my lowes, this link also has some other places they sell it http://www.invisibleglass.com/RetailPartners.htm. The caps on them are boston (rusto) thins and they are hands down the best thins for rusto because they don't stutter like other thins on rusto, they actually start spraying when you press down, like a thin is supposed to. (BTW thanks to planetaryduality for telling me about what cans find them on)

You can also find ny thins on some cans, but the only product with them that I can think of right now is Testors mini spray paint cans, they sell them at Michael's, they're for models and stuff so look in that area. The tops are shitty to get off tho, they have like a paper wrapper around them so you either need long fingernails or a knife to take them off.

18. Werse

Werse Elite Member

I'm working on widening one of them now, but the regular caps have been working this whole time.

19. fnt

fnt Senior Member

oh yeah and you can get a type of blaster cap off spray goof-off, but I think they spray a little thinner than the artpr!mo ones, but I'm sure you could widen them with an x-acto or something.

to add to this list

blaster caps
    boston (rusto) thins
    boston (rusto fats (the caps that come on elmers craft adhesive, I don't know the real name, but they look just like the boston thins so...)

20. MARTYRaz

MARTYRaz Banned

y not call it the "new rusto fat"