Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Blackbooks

Discussion in 'Toys forum' started by Kayone707, Jun 15, 2005.

Share This Page

1. Beko

Beko Senior Member

Crits please! something im doing for the gf. whatcha think! all new letters besides the E and O

6404949177_3d656101a1_z.jpg
    VVVVVV TBS- i really like all of those!! the only thing i dont like is the squigly line in the A and the color choices of the 3rd one! but other than that i like em mate!

Last edited: Nov 26, 2011
  2. TBS

TBS Senior Member

Edit: Deleted and re-posted a better quality image.

Sadgeh, some of your stuff's alright. just remember to keep an eye on that 3D though. some of the pieces are pretty cool but the 3D's off and it ruins them.

Reach, had a go at your letters. now that i look at it i shoulda fattened up the first leg of that R... infact, i shoulda done a better R altogether!!
    IMAG_0253.jpg

3. sadgeh

sadgeh Senior Member

Yea i know but i dont even now how to do that 3d, so maybe some1 has some tips therefore.

Tbs- Looking good, but the H is a lil bit bigger than the others, but overall it looks very clean.
    Beko- where is the V. But i like the connections.

4. Beko

Beko Senior Member

sadgeh- its behind the heart and ontop of the E its like blended in with it

5. TBS

TBS Senior Member

Beko the V is too hidden,

Sadgeh, what you're doing is alright, just remember to keep it clean

6. dest1

dest1 Member

very nice take at reach, i like it, the E is actually my least fav, i like that R. all personal taste i guess.

7. Colors

Colors Banned

this was an exchange but hey crit it
    weeker.jpg week.jpg

8. Beko

Beko Senior Member

with colored pencils.... probally couldve done without the little extensions on the B and O but it just looked out of place on both sides because they were so flat. wells crits and tips please! i really like this tyle i just need to IMPROVE it!
    afarm8.staticflickr.com_7143_6407307685_28f9925902_z.jpg

9. Colors

Colors Banned

beko before you go trying any style start out with simps. gonna help your letter structure

10. Tempo718

Tempo718 Elite Member

sadgeh- PLEASE keep posting! Its been along time since someone who could benefit from advice has showed up. Keep yo mind open to critisism and apply. I try the best I can to do so but I still suck. Maybe you do better, good luck!
    - Dam dude this page turned out some burners aside from a few pix that lack worthiness glad I have'nt posted yet I think I'll wait til' next page lol

Edit: <----- Previous page ma fault heh well time to get to sketchin then right?

11. ribcage

ribcage Banned

there were no burners on that last page

12. Colors

Colors Banned

exactly ribcage. tempo you cant tell the difference between whats good and whats not maybe thats why your not progressing man

13. snal

snal Member

any crits ? :D

14. ribcage

ribcage Banned

not really, theres flaws to your letters, but their not major, keep on with letters like that

15. Beko

Beko Senior Member

messed up alittle on the 3D but overall i like it! crits please!
    without clouds.
    6407806911_26f762d561_z.jpg

with clouds.
    6407787481_85e1f15d78_z.jpg

16. pocket

pocket Member

i like it man, but maybe the U on tough and C on fuckers have little gaps of negative space that mess with the flow a little. if the left hand leg of the U kinda curved to the right at the top a little it might help.

is really cool man, love the japenese symbol, if you added some oranges/yellows or other shades of red into the 3d it might look more like the magma core and be awesome.

17. pocket

pocket Member

maybe try raising the R up a little and have the top of the E go through the hole on the R if that makes sense? and bring the right leg of the R in a little

18. pocket

pocket Member

messing around just now, started with basic blocks and this is my first step towards making it interesting BUT i feel i'm lost right off the bat with the D.

and plan of moving the N so it doesn't look like its behind the D

any crits/suggestions appreciated

Attached Files:

19. ribcage

ribcage Banned

yes, dont fuckin triple post.

said I wasnt gonna finish, but I did. fucked my sharpie freebie hella bad, couldnt fit an H, and the R and C are doodoo
    1126111605.jpg

20. SynOne

SynOne Senior Member

Pocket - use bars. Go look at the new to graffiti thread. Read it all. Learn how structure works. Ohh and on bekos piece that's not a Chinese letter. That's a shitty fucked up B that is ugly as Fuck.

Ribcage - sick ass exchange you got there. Yeah I would have cropped that at the bottom out if I were you. But I'm not even that good so. It's not near as bad as half the flicks in this thread.

I got 2 simps ima upload when i get to a comp. I cant do it on my phone that i know of.