Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Getting A Blackbook

Discussion in 'Toys forum' started by Runk, Nov 18, 2005.

Share This Page

1. dna2

dna2 Member

i use 1 of my 2 blackbooks for pencil drawings and if i have a sketch i like ,i draw it in the other book and add colors and shit

2. ?!?

?!? Senior Member

these days whenever i go to stores to buy black books i cant even find good ones...

3. Nyc Sno

Nyc Sno Elite Member

my black book has seams no spiral

4. BRAINE

BRAINE Elite Member

my blackbook is my sketchbook from 8th grade with the oil pastel shit ripped out because it makes a mess all over everything. its softcover and lame paper but i really dont care. its good for colored pencils.

5. chas

chas Elite Member

i need one for whenver im bored i can just take it out and practice in it thats alll and how the fuck am i gonna get away with stuffing a blackbook in my pants????

6. chas

chas Elite Member

you can get them any art store even like joanns the fabric store sells them lol you can buy them anywhere

7. screw_loose

screw_loose Elite Member

close, this doesn't deserve it's own thread.

8. TaMpOnZ.AnD.BeEr

TaMpOnZ.AnD.BeEr New Member

:ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r: <_< <_<

9. DizziY

DizziY Senior Member

Lol. This is a funny thread. I thought I was the most toy writer here, but you need a definition of a blackbook. Pshhh.

Ha. Anyways, I had to get like 8 spirals for school, and they only asked for 2. So now I have 6 spiral notebooks lyin around. So I use those mostly. I do have a blackbook, but I'm only just now writin in it. I carry around my spirals, not my black book.

I think I'm gonna do somethin similar to what a guy on the first page said and I'm gonna fold some paper and make a mini bible. That way I can carry that around and not look suspicious when I glance at it for help on my bombs/pieces.

Just do whatever. I grab some paper from my printer and use that when I want some legit lookin art. Than I shove the paper in my portfolio. (a cheap ass folder)

I suggest you get a portfolio, too. For when you do a tight-ass sketch on some paper and you want to be able to show it off later. They're pretty nice to have around imo.

Close.

10. near

near Senior Member

maybe i didnt understand you correctly but if you bring ANYTHING with you that you have written on when you go bombing that is one of the stupidest things you can do, if you get arrested and they find that on you they'll look for other shit like it and book you for that too same goes for cell phones with pictures and digital cameras, if i just misunderstood my bad

11. Myme

Myme Senior Member

I use a hardbound sketchbook just for convenience, it's kinda nice to be able to open it up and flip through looking at your past work instead of just having a bunch of papers around everwhere..

12. Skore_One

Skore_One Elite Member

Good for you. I use note paper. Rich bastards. And when you run out just flip the pages over and use the other side ;)

13. DizziY

DizziY Senior Member

lol. The cheap mans 'white' book. lol

Never thought of the cops checkin my books for other work. Nice catch. I'm not gonna bring a mini bible. Maybe I'll bring a folded piece of paper with that single bomb on it. But not a bunch of my tags/throw-ups/bombs/pieces. And who cares if they take that piece. They already know you write that. They caught you doin it.

14. nik

nik Senior Member

yeah but if you bring a whole book you lose all your sketches, just bring a piece of paper with the sketch you want and use that sketch to bomb, theres no need for all those other sketches.

15. DizziY

DizziY Senior Member

Yeah, thats what I was just thinkin. You'd have to ditch the book if they caught you and than YOU couldn't find it. Ya know? So I'll just bring ONE sketch of the bomb I'm planning on doing.

Its just... what if you don't know what bomb you want to do. Like... what if a certain one would look best on a certain wall? Than you'd have to wait until next time.

16. nik

nik Senior Member

plan it out..

17. HEIST_08

HEIST_08 Member

Well in my own idea i just use a nice 70 page MEAD notebook.
    It was like 75 cents at the dollar store.
    HEIST

18. DizziY

DizziY Senior Member

Same here. I have a blackbook, but why fill it with shitty art?

19. tortured artist

tortured artist Senior Member

ive never purchased a ''blackbook'' in my life, an i got about 20 layin around my room, an it doesnt gotta be a damn "BLACKBOOK" to keep ur art in it, get ne notebook or what ever u want

20. MegamanX

MegamanX Senior Member

My blackbook is a Mcdonalds bag full of paper towels, napkins, and toilet paper. Sometimes I even piece on salt packets.