Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Photography

Discussion in 'Picture gallery' started by Fube, Dec 20, 2007.

Share This Page

1. kmcdon3960

kmcdon3960 Elite Member

AK, I got that jupiter-8 in the mail today. Got the test roll hanging up in the bathroom to dry. Nothing special on it, but it seems like the focus might be off. Basically a test roll to make sure the focus is good, because if it is I'll be taking it on a shoot this weekend for some band's album or something. Feels great actually using this thing, the meter is perfect, and it's way easier to use then the electro.

Loading film is a pain in the ass, though.

2. zio

zio Senior Member

i was wondering that too.. its like some of these other enthusiast P&S
    they kind of have a grip on the lens but doesnt do shit

3. .A.K.4.7.

.A.K.4.7. Elite Member

Loading film gets easier with practise. I much prefer it to loading up SLR's now. EVeryone has their own technique to it.

Jupiters have great optics, but terrible build quality. Yours may just be a dud.

4. UpstateHate585

UpstateHate585 Elite Member

so i got 1200 to spend on an xmas gift. possibly a bit more. what do i do? i am digging that x100 but i could use that money on a dope lens and a new flash system and studio stuff. i was gonna spend it on subs for my car and a remote start but idk now haha.

5. .A.K.4.7.

.A.K.4.7. Elite Member

you'll regret spending money on a car. buy glass. or an m2.

6. UpstateHate585

why would i regret it? i need the remote start. winter blows here. and idk if i wanna do film. i do want to upgrade from my d40 tho.

7. VAsucks

VAsucks Senior Member

on a photography thread people are gonna tell you to invest in camera shit over your car. a lens will probably depreciate in value alot slower than your car will.

8. UpstateHate585

true, but i dont think i really have enough to get what i really want. i can get a d300s but i wanted a d700. i know saving money makes sense but it's a gift from my mom and she likes to have actual things not money to give me. new flash shit would be cool. or a diff focal length. but i love my car too. being a 2010 i have a lot of time to spend with it haha

Last edited: Dec 8, 2010
  9. zio

zio Senior Member

being from the north, i say get the remote starter...its such a bitch to get in your car and still having to wait for it to heat up.
    its such a good investment and we both know it.

then, get w.e. photography equipment you want.

10. lakim shabazz

lakim shabazz Moderator

theres manual focus it would be dumb for a company like fujifilm to not make the camera manual.

fuuuuuck cant wait for this camera!!!!

11. J.Channa

J.Channa Senior Member

Yeah, the whole crew comes down around this time and kicks it.

12. jobin

jobin Senior Member

I think I would rather have that girl in the video, she's banging.

Go for the remote start if you live in snow it will save your life. Im thinking about getting a 50mm 1.4 for christmas...

13. .A.K.4.7.

.A.K.4.7. Elite Member

Might have a chance to snap public enemy when they come over here...

flavorrrr flaaaaaaayyyyyyyyvvvvvveeeeeee

14. MoNkEy

MoNkEy Elite Member

why upgrade from your d40? if anything just go to a d40x maybe...then get a new lens for it...its a decent dslr...well the d40x has never failed me....

15. UpstateHate585

I feel kind of limited by the d40. i would like to not have to use af-s lenses and have a bit better iso range. higher frame rate would be cool as i might get into paintball photography a bit. i think im gonna hold out on the camera at least until january and get a sb-900 or 2 vivitar 285s, a new strap or bag, light stands, a meter, a softbox and a lens probably. idk what lens to get though. i have my 35 1.8 and its all i really use. if i need to get wider, i have the kit lens and i have a 55-200.

16. .A.K.4.7.

.A.K.4.7. Elite Member

Haha, no offense but if you feel limited by your d40 you should check monkeys flicks and see how limited you really are by your camera.

17. UpstateHate585

i have seen his stuff and it's awesome. but we do different things i guess. idk i guess im just bored with the camera. i decided to just get a lens and lighting equipment for now. but i cannot decide on a lens at all. i have the kit lens, 55-200 (never use it), and the 35 1.8. im not sure what i should go for next. i dont think i would use a fisheye a lot. but it might be worth having one for shows.

edit- here's what im asking for (i think) let me know if any of its junk

sigma 10mm f2.8 hsm lens
    2 vivitar 285hv flashes
    umbrella
    2 light stands
    2 receivers for my trigger
    reflector holder
    gel kit
    gray card

18. kmcdon3960

kmcdon3960 Elite Member

good call upstate, unless you're getting paid to take pics every day, there's no point in upgrading your body. Glass is everything, lighting is everything.
    Investing in lenses and lighting is good because you can keep that stuff when you do need to upgrade or replace your body.

Also, is the sigma a fisheye or no? you're gonna love 10mm either way.

tonight I tried to take a candid pic of santa claus while he was waving to some people, but as soon as I snapped it, this fucking guy walked right infront of my camera and I let out a pretty loud "god damnit." but, santa was kind enough to do the exact same pose for me to get the pic. It probably isn't going to be as good as it could be if I got it right the first time, though.

Lets talk about funny photo stories/mishaps

19. UpstateHate585

yeah its a fisheye. i only hope i dont regret getting a dx lens. i dont think im gonna go full frame but i might eventually. i think the d300s is my next body though. but lighting and glass will outlast bodies.

20. kmcdon3960

kmcdon3960 Elite Member

you wont. my sigma 10-20 is a 'dx' (efs because it's canon), but it mounts up to my film body. it doesn't cover the whole frame, but that's easily corrected by cropping out. I'm also pretty sure that on a nikon DX camera it'll automatically know it's a dx lens and crop accordingly.

You don't need to worry about it because I doubt you're going FF anytime soon.
    you need to stop worrying about what body to get next and shoot until you're d40 breaks