Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

The Ink Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Tools and tips' started by Enmity, Feb 3, 2008.

Share This Page

1. kace91

kace91 Senior Member

what's that ink brand that is always censored? i've seen that too in the other ink thread.:confused:

2. Zookyook

Zookyook Elite Member

O i n k... most likely

3. viseversa101

viseversa101 Elite Member

4. sk8er6

sk8er6 Senior Member

what, you cant talk about o-ink on bs now? the fuck is up with that? his shit is legit, and hes local. but i dont need o-ink right now, cause i dont want stains.

**** **** o-ink o i n k

5. Sbal

Sbal Elite Member

In my town, they dont really buff with chemicals, they just paint over shit. I've been using grog ink, but i read that illadel ink shows up even after being painted over. Can anyone tell me if this is a legit claim?

6. walkingcarpet

walkingcarpet Senior Member

0ink ink
    from 0inkartltd.c0m

7. Zookyook

Zookyook Elite Member

ive never used illadel but if u want ur shit to show up through layers of paint use murder death staining powder, or make ur own dye-based ink with pens and 90% alcohol... i put murder death in my homemade shit and if u dont paint over it with black itll seep through like 5 layers of any lighter color... u can buy it from BS

8. ViaHipHop

ViaHipHop Senior Member

Anyone ever try the otr stainless? If so what'd you think?

9. S!KFUkR_GrR*

S!KFUkR_GrR* Member

Only MIx that worked for me and was similar was the silver GROG wit a mint green KRINK...But the Silver GROG OVER POWERS...so u end up with Silver Letters with mint green stains around it...it looks like u did sum tricky ass handstyle...but everything else ive mixed does do that paste shit...CRUST has a POINT...Gotta pay attention to ur ingredients..

10. massacreman

massacreman Elite Member

yeah hes right ^

just one quik question, whats the best WEATHERPROOF ink or paint on the market?
    i dont have a buff, the only thing that keeps buffing my tags is mother nature.

11. S!KFUkR_GrR*

S!KFUkR_GrR* Member

i hear do'em dirty outside job is good...never fukd wit it my self...just hear say.

12. Revolv3r

Revolv3r New Member

Yo how thick should the ink be for a mop?? I mixed oil based and thinner together...its my first time making ink so im not sure. Right now its somewhere inbetween water and syrup thickness.

13. S!KFUkR_GrR*

S!KFUkR_GrR* Member

depends on your nib if the mop is home made...peep the consistency of the ink in other mops like krink or a grog squeezer....a bit thicker than milk is usually what ya want...if ya feel what i mean....tho GROG flows almost like water...Trial and error my friend.

14. massacreman

massacreman Elite Member

your making paint

not ink

ink = alcohol based

yours is not.

basic rules of not being retarded

15. computerbug1

computerbug1 New Member

does anyone know much about potassium permanganate?Ive read that if you mix it with alcohol it can ignite. but also that people use it in their ink mixes.

16. kace91

kace91 Senior Member

question: plastic paint can be used in mops/markers? if so, what have to be used as a solvent?

Its hard to believe, but i havent been able to find oil based paint buckets in my country. i only find that kind of paint in really small quantities and its expensive as fuck (i guess its sold like that to be mixed with something, but its to expensive to buy it just to try).

edit: i mean this:

acristinita2.files.wordpress.com_2009_01_bote_oleo.jpg

Last edited: May 25, 2010
  17. Wolf Tits

Wolf Tits Member

That depends. Is it polyurethane? If so it could be water, oil, or even alcohol based so you need to say what your using. If you can't get a hold of oil bucket paint just use acrylic and thin it with water or make some ink.

And fyi: that stuff in the picture is oil paint for artists. You'd only need it if you were planning on making some homemade junobo or something.

18. kace91

kace91 Senior Member

The problem is that i dont know what it is... now that i read it more carefully, it says that it should be applied without thinners or just with a 5% of water. that means its water based? will it work if i apply more water?

19. Wolf Tits

Wolf Tits Member

Well if it says to add water then it is most likely water based. Add enough water until its a little thicker than milk, or use your judgement (if you like drips add more). It'll definitely work in a mop and it depends what kind of marker you want to use but it should work in a marker if you thin it down enough.

20. kace91

kace91 Senior Member

Ok, Thanks for your help . i think ill try makin it real thin and usin' a otr marker i have, an if it doesnt flow well enough ill use a mop.