Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Mr. Late battle

Discussion in 'Old battles' started by zoup, Nov 26, 2014.

Share This Page

?

MR. LATE BATTLE

1. Jainz13

4 vote(s)
    17.4%
  2. Retro-one

5 vote(s)
    21.7%
  3. Sregor Gamsa

2 vote(s)
    8.7%
  4. Bugs-one

12 vote(s)
    52.2%
  5. Zoup

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. zoup

zoup Elite Member

2. Sregor Gamsa

Sregor Gamsa Member

3. Mr.Late

Mr.Late Senior Member

yo

I really really dig everyones entry, thanx for doin my name. now wheres my piece at!?!? hahah my vote goes to bugs, dirty sauce man, dirty sauce, jainz, awesome job! i think this is the best piece ive seen from you, i like the color combo. also gregor i love your infusion with the charchter! g2 <3 some magic mushies =b retro your letters and 3D are fresh AF keep killin it man n zoup why dont you try working on clean paper? i feel like your really restricting your self with the grid. your shit can be mad clean and i think your style is good but try working "outside" the boxes lol, just a thought. thx agin fellas

Last edited: Nov 28, 2014
  4. Mr.Late

Mr.Late Senior Member

theres min3

Attached Files:

5. zoup

zoup Elite Member

^^Unfortunately i couldn't edit your name into the poll, but i placed it in the battle.

@Jainz, dude this is your best piece imo, looks sick man!

@bugs, you're always killin it, everytime... I liked the connection with A & T.

@Late, Purple danks, but a lil hard to read. I liked what you did in the middle inside of each letters, like how it sparkles, that looks fucken sick. And Im so used to usin the grid, i don't wanna stop xD, but i know i need to tho lol.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2014
  6. retro-one

retro-one Member

Went with bugs on this one, nice pieces from everyone!

@mr. Late, your piece is nice, a bit dark which makes the letters hard to see, but the letters themselves are nice, as is the coloring
    @jainz, I like this one a lot, a bit busy with the hook ups on the bottom right, but a really solid piece, nice coliring and decent letter structure. The back of the L looks a bit thicker than the rest of the price, and parts of the A and E are covered up a bit by your line hookups.
    @retro, thats me :p
    @sregor, trippy shit man, like the character, letters are decent, and coloring is dope.
    @bugs, dope piece man, it flows very well and I like the clean coloring and letter structure, although your L looks like a C.
    @zouo, I think you should ditch the grid, really limits your letter structure, the E is funky looking. Im pretty sure you have overall letter structure down by now. So try adding some curves to your pieces

7. Jainz13

Jainz13 Senior Member

retro GMV, looks really awesome, i love the colors and that character looks dope.
    Sregor, that character looks sick! Bugs would be my 2nd choice, it looks clean as always. Mr late, i like your style but is just a little to confused. Zoup, ive seen you do better than that ;)
    Overall i thiink it was a good battle! Like to see more than three entries!!

8. stoke.

stoke. Senior Member

Bugs GMV ,he has the best lettering and the best colors of that battle

9. SAYO

SAYO Member

Late try using contrasting colors more. I love all the work here. Not sure if my option matters.

10. Jainz13

Jainz13 Senior Member

Every opinion matters ;)

11. zoup

zoup Elite Member

Lol your picture transformed into a chick?

12. bugs-one

bugs-one Elite Member

Nice entry, Jainz.

13. Jainz13

Jainz13 Senior Member

Thanks bugs! lol zoup, what?

14. bugs-one

bugs-one Elite Member

@Late: I like your piece but the color choice is too dark. It's not letting any of the letter forms or details pop. Just clean up your letters a little and choose lighter color combos.

@Jainz: You're getting better. I like your letter structure and flow of the piece. Should have stuck to 1 color fill though. Good job.

@ Retro: Good flow. Letter form is cool and that character is cool too. Only thing I see that could've been better is the M and E.

@Sregor: Cool idea on the character. Not feeling the letters though. These are graff/piecing battles so the focus should be the letters. There's something about the whole page that's missing because it looks all over the place and hard to concentrate on something. Keep practicing.

@Zoup: I'm starting to see little improvements in your letters. I think you just need to clean 'em up a little and maybe start experimenting with details. Keep at it homie.

I gotta go with Jainz on this one. Good job to everyone and let's keep burning them inks.

15. zoup

zoup Elite Member

Your battle picture randomly transformed into some random chick and now its back lmao.

16. Jainz13

Jainz13 Senior Member

Hahaha really?that's funny, I didn't notice that lool

17. Sregor Gamsa

Sregor Gamsa Member

So finally got some time for this...been a way too busy the last week!

@Late - i really like the yellow elements. the letters itself look also sick
    @Jainz - Yo, best work i´ve seen so far dude! just had a look at the old battles and you really improved your skills! good flow!!
    @Retro - best Piece on this battle in my eyes. like the flow, clean attitude and the fusion with the character.
    @Bugs - Solid Rock!!!you´re always killin it. the A and T are my favorite. Dope Piece!
    @Zoup - this style is somehow really characteristic for you and i like that. But may you free yourserlf a bit. try some new elements

good job erveryone and thanks for the Feedback! cheers

18. Wank oner

Wank oner Senior Member

tbh zoup's tag is on point

19. Lich

Lich Senior Member

went with retro.